The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #2,971 of 6,859
No he was quoting me, I agree it sucks balls to have problems with such a new unit. I would think that with all the shipping nuttiness hiby would jump at the chance to make things right with him. I’m not out a dime I bought the M0 on amazon so back it goes.

Just saying it sucks to have problems with new gears.

Absolutely I agree a few of my friends have AZ Prime, thinking of getting it but can’t really justify the new cost increases for buying an occasional item esp with the latest US$ exchange is to crippling on my Cr cd.!

Also just read an excellent article from one of those online tech mags about the guy saying it was great a few years back when he 1st gotbit at? $69 or $89. US but he said now as it’s gone up even more & he’s in the US he’s saying that even tho you get free shipping returns etc he’s finding himself buying lots a cheap crap almost to justify having paid for it.!

I laughed really hard when I read what he said as that’s exactly what I’d be doing & I’d have to move into a much smaller more sadly decorated poor house if I got Prime, it would be a very sad movie indeed.!

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #2,973 of 6,859
Yeah I hope they will take the case and give a solution, just have to wait and see what happens.
Aside from that, it's a great DAP, I have tried the following headphones with wonderful results:

HD600 (pre2007) balanced
HD25 alumunium balanced
ATH-LS200 unbalanced
MDR-CD900ST unbalanced

Well at least that’s something positive & hopefully it gets sorted for you.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #2,974 of 6,859
Yeah I hope they will take the case and give a solution, just have to wait and see what happens.
Aside from that, it's a great DAP, I have tried the following headphones with wonderful results:

HD600 (pre2007) balanced
HD25 alumunium balanced
ATH-LS200 unbalanced
MDR-CD900ST unbalanced

And it’s very strange that everything is working except Bluetooth and not even the extended bt menu is showing up.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #2,976 of 6,859
Absolutely I agree a few of my friends have AZ Prime, thinking of getting it but can’t really justify the new cost increases for buying an occasional item esp with the latest US$ exchange is to crippling on my Cr cd.!

Also just read an excellent article from one of those online tech mags about the guy saying it was great a few years back when he 1st gotbit at? $69 or $89. US but he said now as it’s gone up even more & he’s in the US he’s saying that even tho you get free shipping returns etc he’s finding himself buying lots a cheap crap almost to justify having paid for it.!

I laughed really hard when I read what he said as that’s exactly what I’d be doing & I’d have to move into a much smaller more sadly decorated poor house if I got Prime, it would be a very sad movie indeed.!

Well you do get prime video, and we have acorn tv and Brit tv and it’s really cheap. And you get free music too. But yeah if you don’t use that stuff it’s worthless

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #2,978 of 6,859
True now is not the time to be cheap. As nedry said in Jurassic park ‘ don’t get cheap on me now, that was hammonds mistake.

Did you watch this clip or movie, it’s great even better than the original French one it’s based on.

I think the fact that most of the actors are foreign & not well know to the N American audience except Roy Scheider [& he’s really good] it comes across as a more authentic realistic experience as you’re not familiar with all those usual known idiosyncratic facial expressions or vocals that the big name actors always come across with & I think it’s Friedkin’s best & that’s saying something, my fave!

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #2,980 of 6,859
Did you watch this clip or movie, it’s great even better than the original French one it’s based on.

I think the fact that most of the actors are foreign & not well know to the N American audience except Roy Scheider [& he’s really good] it comes across as a more authentic realistic experience as you’re not familiar with all those usual known idiosyncratic facial expressions or vocals that the big name actors always come across with & I think it’s Friedkin’s best & that’s saying something, my fave!

Never watched the movie, but it looks pretty awesome.

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #2,981 of 6,859
Well you do get prime video, and we have acorn tv and Brit tv and it’s really cheap. And you get free music too. But yeah if you don’t use that stuff it’s worthless

Wow, you’re the only other person I know of that knows Acorn TV, been subscribing & watching for 4 maybe 5 years now!

I love it as I really like Brit murder mystery police situational dramas the writing, storylines acting locations etc are just so compelling esp stuff like Luther, Whitechapel etc best value on tv in my opinion!

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #2,982 of 6,859
Never watched the movie, but it looks pretty awesome.

If you got a really good ht setup watch it late at night or in the dark to set the mood & vol up pretty loud to get the rumble seat going, maybe plug your :) inas well for extra effect, TDreams st is pretty atmospheric, well worth watching, take my word for it!

Hey I think I talked myself into watching it tonight, why not only seem it over a doz times, one of those movies/songs you never tire of...

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #2,983 of 6,859
Group Therapy!!??

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #2,984 of 6,859
Wow, you’re the only other person I know of that knows Acorn TV, been subscribing & watching for 4 maybe 5 years now!

I love it as I really like Brit murder mystery police situational dramas the writing, storylines acting locations etc are just so compelling esp stuff like Luther, Whitechapel etc best value on tv in my opinion!

Yes the American stuff pales in comparison. Pie in the sky, Endevor, broadchurch, even midsommer murders and Jonathan creek are super entertaining. The Scandinavian and Swedish stuff is really good to if you don’t mind subtitles broen (the bridge) was amazing - not the American version. Shetland was also good. Hinterland etc etc

Trapped was really good and it was Icelandic. Miss marble, and of course Piorot is legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back