The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #2,989 of 6,859
Yes the American stuff pales in comparison. Pie in the sky, Endevor, broadchurch, even midsommer murders and Jonathan creek are super entertaining. The Scandinavian and Swedish stuff is really good to if you don’t mind subtitles broen (the bridge) was amazing - not the American version. Shetland was also good. Hinterland etc etc

Trapped was really good and it was Icelandic. Miss marble, and of course Piorot is legendary.

Man you’re a guy after my own heart, you pretty much ran off a list of many of my favourites & yes the European ones are extremely good as well esp Mankell’s Wallander esp the last few episodes very poignant & sad, excellent writing & acting!

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #2,992 of 6,859
Man you’re a guy after my own heart, you pretty much ran off a list of many of my favourites & yes the European ones are extremely good as well esp Mankell’s Wallander esp the last few episodes very poignant & sad, excellent writing & acting!

Swedish Wallander was the best, I can’t drive by a power sub station without thinking of that episode where they blew up the substation for a distraction. Yes the last episodes were really sad. All the European and Norwegian, Swedish actors are so good and look like real people not Hollywood freaks in a crime drama with perfect makeup and hair lol

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #2,993 of 6,859
Lol ok I’ll take a Sony wm1a and a new Range Rover as my gift suggestions

Ok I can do that, I just got Amazon Prime + Platinum :laughing: so my credits pretty much unlimited & hey if you don’t like your RR I can send it back :rolling_eyes:

If you missed Umbre on Acorn WATCH IT.!

It’s Romanian & man it just knocked me out, one of the best hard hittting dramas I’ve seen in ages, just raw & intense esp the main actor, great stuff!

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #2,994 of 6,859
Ok I can do that, I just got Amazon Prime + Platinum :laughing: so my credits pretty much unlimited & hey if you don’t like your RR I can send it back :rolling_eyes:

If you missed Umbre on Acorn WATCH IT.!

It’s Romanian & man it just knocked me out, one of the best hard hittting dramas I’ve seen in ages, just raw & intense esp the main actor, great stuff!

I will check it out! They should make a new series called ‘Where’s Joe Bloggs’ I think that would be a big hit !

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #2,995 of 6,859
Swedish Wallander was the best, I can’t drive by a power sub station without thinking of that episode where they blew up the substation for a distraction. Yes the last episodes were really sad. All the European and Norwegian, Swedish actors are so good and look like real people not Hollywood freaks in a crime drama with perfect makeup and hair lol

Man you sound like me when I try & tell my friends & family about how great that tv is,!

The 1stvyear I got it I watched ALL the dramas & most of the comedies that they had on most 2x some 3 until they changed them, I couldn’t stop I was up til 2 & 3 am every night almost for weeks!

I watch a lot of those on our local version of PBS here & on PBS many of Ten show here Thur they Sun so I get my full & as you say & it’s unfortunately try most if not all US & ours as well mainstream network programs & storys & acting are crap pathetic & haven’t watched any in over maybe close to 15-20 years.
Acorn TV is probably the best $69. I spend every year except when I buy myself my own Xmas Gifts haha

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #2,996 of 6,859
I will check it out! They should make a new series called ‘Where’s Joe Bloggs’ I think that would be a big hit !

That’s too funny yeah, & the sequel ‘What Did He Do With My R3’!

I’m sure it would go over really well here at least!

Ok check this vid out

It’s the Official Video of Fly Projects song Toca Toca, actually would’ve loved to have been a fly hanging out there!

So it’s filmed on top of one of the big international hotels in Bucharest I think pretty cool.

Anyhow I think it’s the 2nd episode of Umbre when the credits are running out they play this music & it drove me crazy for a few days till I found out what it was then found this video...

I’m heading to Romania on the Red Eye.!!!

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #2,997 of 6,859
With all due respect you are being insensitive to other members and thread readers. @FridgeMagnet

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #2,999 of 6,859
In the way that the people who visit this thread are looking for information regarding the R3 and not our mindless banter. Though it would be inhuman to not expect any of it, an excess of it is also undesirable. not joking.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #3,000 of 6,859
In the way that the people who visit this thread are looking for information regarding the R3 and not our mindless banter. Though it would be inhuman to not expect any of it, an excess of it is also undesirable. not joking.

Yep sorry I get carried away sometimes, and I’m out of it because of lack of sleep. R3 info is also limited to us few lucky ones who’ve received ours. I can say- it’s all that and half a bag of chips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back