The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 13, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #2,267 of 6,859
don't worry, i am not taking it srsly :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #2,268 of 6,859
I can't wait for the M0/R3 comparisons and reviews to come out though! I was looking at Twister6's impressions of M0 on his blog and they look promising - I was worried implementation won't be as good as the LG V series but seems like it's fine (or good depending on reviewer!).

Who would have thought small DAPs would be so competitive just a year ago! :D I had the Shanling M1 and found that really quite meh (it wasn't bad but didn't impress either), but here we are today.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,269 of 6,859
regarding fast shipping:
Ordered something on tmall and 12 days later it arrived from the buying agent. That includes shipping within china, inspection and quality photo taken, repackaging and dellivery with epacket (ems china), all for the extra sum of 8$.
Correct, just removed email notifications for this thread. Filling my mailbox with spam.
I can't wait for the M0/R3 comparisons and reviews to come out though! I was looking at Twister6's impressions of M0 on his blog and they look promising - I was worried implementation won't be as good as the LG V series but seems like it's fine (or good depending on reviewer!).

Who would have thought small DAPs would be so competitive just a year ago! :D I had the Shanling M1 and found that really quite meh (it wasn't bad but didn't impress either), but here we are today.

Yeah, I got the Shanling M2s about a week ago, realizing the delay on R3. I have not listened too much to it yet, but next week I will be on a work trip, and it will be perfect at the hotel room at night. Loaded with 256 GB of my favorite music :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2,270 of 6,859
Got my M0. Tiny little thing. Works good, plays clean, no hiss. Scanning for my 2500 songs took about a minute. Id say it works good for IEMs 0-32 Ohms. Works well as a transport for car audio. Havent tested BT. Works with ZuperDac-S, which is interesting. A bit off topic, just mentioning it here cause some of you want M0 compared to R3, but i think these 2 serve completely different purposes. Comparing them would be unfair, they are not in the same league.

My backer #120 black R3_no_case should be here on Friday. 2nd R3 with a case havent been shipped yet.

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #2,271 of 6,859
Got my M0. Tiny little thing. Works good, plays clean, no hiss. Scanning for my 2500 songs took about a minute. Id say it works good for IEMs 0-32 Ohms. Works well as a transport for car audio. Havent tested BT. Works with ZuperDac-S, which is interesting. A bit off topic, just mentioning it here cause some of you want M0 compared to R3, but i think these 2 serve completely different purposes. Comparing them would be unfair, they are not in the same league.

My backer #120 black R3_no_case should be here on Friday. 2nd R3 with a case havent been shipped yet.

Keep us posted! As far as 0-32ohm IEMs and offline playback through 3.5mm unbalanced are concerned, both share commonalities which (for now) is what i foresee myself using :D

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #2,272 of 6,859

I would say R3 compared against the Shanling M2's they seem to be in the same price range.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #2,274 of 6,859
Anyone get a shipping update for their R3 today?
From the Hiby User Group:
.we will send you the tracking number probably this weekend when we get it from the shipping company.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #2,275 of 6,859
.we will send you the tracking number probably this weekend when we get it from the shipping company.

@Hiby etc this isnt looking good with your poor choice of vocabulary the word probably means delays or an excuse just send out the R3s and send tracking Joe said Friday now the word probably, possibly means after the weekend.

Just be upfront and black and white.
People deal with that better

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #2,277 of 6,859
@Hiby etc this isnt looking good with your poor choice of vocabulary the word probably means delays or an excuse just send out the R3s and send tracking Joe said Friday now the word probably, possibly means after the weekend.

Just be upfront and black and white.
People deal with that better
I have a pair of CIEMs being made at a (slightly) slow, busy workshop with a wait time of around 2 months, and I ordered those just before the R3!

At the rate this is going, I may be getting them even before the R3 reaches me :/

It's mildly irritating getting rid of my previous Onkyo for the R3, and making do with mp3s compressed onto my tiny 16GB Xiaomi phone for around 2 months now...

On a positive note, I wish @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble and your team all the best in getting all orders out and the leather cases ready! Cheers :)

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,278 of 6,859
It's amazing how we can go from love to hate to love and back so quickly!

Almost all of the stuff we buy, that is made in China, goes from the suppier to a kind of shipping broker, who actually sends the products by their cheapest methods. That can mean thinks like, waiting for a box, or shipping container to be filled. It also means that the Supplier, High-Bay in this case, does not have tight control of exact shipping time. And getting that info back from the "shipping broker", then relaying to each customer takes an extra step. I

Anyway, Based on the R6, would expect that High-Bay (HiBY) is reliable and will get the R3 ro everyone as soon as they can. I'd give them a couple of weeks, and even then you may get the R3 before or without any shipping notice.

"People can you feel it, love is everywhere"

Jun 14, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #2,279 of 6,859
@FridgeMagnet Just to stay on topic, had an early Birthday present to go with my Blur White Chocolate!
All I need now is my tracking # but as I ordered grey with a leather case and backer #1049, it could be a while yet
:frowning2:

1DA36C63-1D5F-486C-AD66-46CEAAE4B8E1.jpeg

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,280 of 6,859
Hello All,

Not much of a commenter as you can see, but I am very much a reader on these boards. I just wanted to drop in and let folks know that I received my R3 this afternoon. For those who are interested, I was backer #169, live in the northeast US, ordered a black R3 with no leather case.

I received shipping notification on Wednesday 6/6 via email with tracking number, which showed shipment information was sent to FedEx on Monday 6/4 and an estimated delivery date of Friday 6/8. However, it did not actually ship until this past Monday 6/11. Estimated delivery was Friday, but I received it today, Thursday 6/14. FedEx required signature, which my wife signed. I’m not home yet so I can’t give any impressions. Hopefully others will start to receive their R3’s as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Kae0
Back