The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 13, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #2,237 of 6,859
If even 5% of the people making the noise ultimately post reviews down the track, this thread will be fantastic. Unfortunately the gripes about shipping will likely be replaced by gripes about the device. Personally I’ve never had a problem with the overall delay, just thought the non sequential shipping was dumb and a PR cf waiting to happen, completely avoidable too.

Not minimising anyone’s issues.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #2,238 of 6,859
Just to be clear, I'm not claiming Hiby did everything perfectly and indeed they did not deliver on everything they said but (with some delay), they have been quite open on what happened.
I think their big mistake was to mention some things when they were not 100% sure they will happen (even if they said they are not sure) like Tidal offline, LDAC etc.

At the same time, they are yet to break the last promise, it is Wednesday afternoon in China so technically they still have 4 days to ship half of the units (and if I was tasked with it, I would try to pack it all first and ship all at same time not one by one). I'm not saying they will do but we should wait and see.
Shouting and getting upset will not help with anything. If I were Hiby (and I'm not) I would avoid writing anything here until I'm ready to say that x number of units just got shipped.

Of course, they could hire a PR person (and few other people) to make this overall more pleasant experience but that would also have to be reflected in the final price of the product.
Also, keep in mind that in China consumer service is not same as in the west. Even in the restaurant it takes an effort to get what you want, the way you want it but on the other side, there is no tipping.

Ok, I’m not really sure if you understand what you just said?!?

I think you need to stop inhaling all that polluted air over there & yes be clear!

Well you are not Hiby, Hiby is Hiby & they need to buck up & get the show on the road or their next campaign if there is one will be over before it starts thru excess bad or from this one!

This R3 Campaign was for the International Market not the Chinese, the Chinese was already released before hand that’s why this is so idiotic!
Saying Chinese consumer service is not the same as the west is idiotic as well, I’ve been to China & HK over 1/2 doz times & I live in the west & comparing this to getting service in a Chinese restaurant would be hilarious if it wasn’t an absurd statement!
This campaign was directed predominantly to a western international market not towards the Chinese & as Hiby had already had a successful international R6 campaign you must be smoking the receipts of your store daily takings! jk
Seems you really haven’t been paying attention to what’s really transpired, hmmm!
OMG, what a bizarre thing to say to justify what’s been going on.

I’m neither shouting, angry or upset, I’m just disappointed with how they’ve handled it all, if you reread what I said & the reasons for it.

The point being raised is the difference from a pretty much perfect if you like R6 campaign to pretty much a total 180 looming or disasterous campaign & how they could have pulled that off so easily, if one didn’t know better you could almost say it was done intentionally jk of course but it does make one wonder!

Ymmv...

Anyhow back to my craft beer chilling to some cool sounds!

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #2,240 of 6,859
A final word before I go for more craft beer.

This campaign as all things in business & life relationships etc is about respect & consideration, building a bond of trust by being accountable & respecting to those you should be ie: customers/backers partners etc.
Break that bond of trust what do you have?
Nothing!!!

Bad reviews or word of mouth can deep 6 you & your dreams quicker than you can imagine & you’ll end up marginalized as an also ran, no more dreams!

Sweat Dreams...

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #2,243 of 6,859
Saying Chinese consumer service is not the same as the west is idiotic as well, I’ve been to China & HK over 1/2 doz times & I live in the west & comparing this to getting service in a Chinese restaurant would be hilarious if it wasn’t an absurd statement!

I'm glad, your 6+ trips to China and HK (hint #1 - these are not the same), made you an expert on China.
I guess I must be really unlucky with my experiences living here which is why my comments are so idiotic... (hint #2 - I used restaurant as an example but I guess it may have been to difficult to understand).

And I don't think few angry people on a western forum will hurt Hiby much.
If the product is good (98%, 600+ positive reviews on JD.com would suggest so), they will be fine. They probably already sold more units to local market than they did in the whole KS.

Well, it has been fun but I think this will be my last post here (until I get the device).
Enjoy getting angry/upset/disappointed!!! :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #2,244 of 6,859
I'm glad, your 6+ trips to China and HK (hint #1 - these are not the same), made you an expert on China.
I guess I must be really unlucky with my experiences living here which is why my comments are so idiotic... (hint #2 - I used restaurant as an example but I guess it may have been to difficult to understand).

And I don't think few angry people on a western forum will hurt Hiby much.
If the product is good (98%, 600+ positive reviews on JD.com would suggest so), they will be fine. They probably already sold more units to local market than they did in the whole KS.

Well, it has been fun but I think this will be my last post here (until I get the device).
Enjoy getting angry/upset/disappointed!!! :)
I can’t see to whom you’re replying so it must be someone I’ve already blanked!

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,245 of 6,859
I can’t see to whom you’re replying so it must be someone I’ve already blanked!

How do you do that? I don't want to unsubscribe, but I would like to filter.

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #2,246 of 6,859
Yes, I keep checking this thread for new useful info to kill the waiting time, but some seem to use it as their personal speakers corner.

A way to filter those posts would be most welcome, to avoid having to stop checking altogether.

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,247 of 6,859
i think this thread should stay as it is for now, as it shows whats really happening regarding this kickstarter campaign..

when at least half the backers here get their Hiby R3 i suggest to close this thread down and move to new one with sound impressions/reviews from users...this way its better for new users looking information about R3 and good way to maintain hiby good reputation....just my two cent

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #2,248 of 6,859
A filter changes the thread only for those who use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back