The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 6, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #3,376 of 6,859
Strange you should be using a 64gb card with 1600 tracks on it with no problems. I’m using a 64 with 1500 and have no problems with shuffle whatsoever also.
True, let's see how may files we can get to shuffle before the issues reappears though. For folks with large libraries, it would nice to have these problems fixed. For example, there is no such problem with my Shanling M0 or my Fiio X7 1st gen, so don't know why we should have a problem here. Hiby proprietary software maybe?

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #3,377 of 6,859
True, let's see how may files we can get to shuffle before the issues reappears though. For folks with large libraries, it would nice to have these problems fixed. For example, there is no such problem with my Shanling M0 or my Fiio X7 1st gen, so don't know why we should have a problem here. Hiby proprietary software maybe?

I think its a big error, and as mentioned something that has been known for many months. Hoping for something more than:
Faq: If you have so many files (insert number) shuffle all songs do not work. Solution: remove files

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #3,380 of 6,859
Until I receive my R3, I've been using the HiBy music app on my Note 8 (my favorite music player app). One thing though, it wont show hardly any of my album art that I so do-diligently tagged with dBPoweramp. Almost all my album art are 1400 x 1400. Only a few are 600 x 600. Is this the problem?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #3,381 of 6,859
Hi... Got my R3 today, it's a nice little thing. Haven't been able to check SQ though as I want to use tidal, but cannot connect to my wifi. Screen says "connection failed". Anybody find a solution yet?

Also, when trying to update the firmware, it just asks to "Insert tf pls". What does that mean?

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,382 of 6,859
I think it means you have to have an SD card in the slot.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #3,384 of 6,859
I have 2815 files and no problem with shuffle, it that helps.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #3,385 of 6,859
I just received my R3 and have been playing with it for an hour or so. It loaded my library smoothly, and I updated to the latest firmware. Great clear sound from a nice little unit!

However, a couple of things about the navigation disappointed me. On my other daps I'm used to seeing Genre => Artist => Album as the hierarchy, but on the R3 it goes straight from Genre to either a list of all songs or albums within that genre. Personally this isn't helpful for me as I want things organized by artist within genres. Also, there doesn't appear to be a scroll bar on lists of songs or albums which makes moving through long lists a chore.

I also have no idea what the two icons to the right of the bluetooth button are in the top pull-down menu. Would someone please be kind enough to enlighten me?

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #3,386 of 6,859
Mine just arrived!

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3,387 of 6,859
I have 2815 files and no problem with shuffle, it that helps.

Well, thats nothing. I got a 400GB sandisk (360) and about 18000 tracks.Shuffle does not work. And no answer to question on all media.

Sorry, but getting more and more annoyed by the lack of comms and the send mail to "service@hiby.com" that sometimes responds.
I dont use tidal luckily.

Ah, good old days when all you worried about was ldac

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #3,389 of 6,859
Hmm.
Looking like I'll just be sticking with my phone (LG v20) for DAP.
It can only sort 15k or less songs.
Random play only works well with fewer tracks.
No higher-res bluetooth (apt-x HD).
Less output power for higher impedance IEMs.
Am i wrong, or should i still be considering R3, or move onto another option?

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #3,390 of 6,859
No joy here :frowning2:
I did manage OTA upgrade to 1.09, BUT:
Using new SanDisk 200GB card - I tried to plug to mac mini, which did not recognize the microSD card. downloaded the formatter utility from sdcard.org website, formatted the card (ExFAT with 128KB allocation units) - so far so good...
Trying to copy music to it - it keep losing connection every few songs! Tried both on mac (latest MacOS) and PC (windows 7).

How do you guys manage to copy anything to it?! Do I have a bad unit?
I did try to remove the microSD card, and plug it back (powered off the R3) - same behavior.

VERY frustrating. Never had those issues with R6 (or M0 or any FiiO DAP).
Is there a way to format the card inside the R3? I did not see an option for formating in the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back