The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #3,349 of 6,859
Yes, I selected all files and hit the random button in the bottom left corner. Played about 35 tracks with no problems (all my tags are using normal characters).
Well, i used the "delete" option to remove all of the special character tracks from the shuffle list (but not actually delete the files). Now the shuffle is exhibiting the same behavior on tracks that begin with numbers( 20th Century Boy for example). Very frustrating, never had this happen on any of my other 5 DAPs, some which are many years old. Big swing and miss on this![/QUOTE]

yup..
I backed up my tags with tag&rename, then batch changed nordic and umlaut characters + all the `\[/`tags. Then it hangs on numbers.....

It is the first character it hangs on. I have never had this happen on any of my players. This is beginning to feel like another ap60 buy.. a player that was unusable in sunlight, touch controls that was like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" and Bluetooth control that only worked if the Bluetooth setting screen was open before the screen turned off.

Does not help that questions are not answered on mail + the other places. And that shuffle issues has been raised 5 months back and 3 months back on jd

edit ha: From over 3 months back

"Working with the Hiby R3 has been fun and I have not had any serious and specific issues during testing. One thing I came across is the fact that when you set the player to shuffle in the “all” files menu, it will keep playing the same song all over. When you’re in another folder it works just fine though. This has been reported to Hiby and they’re looking into it. Another thing I noticed is how the R3 doesn’t show the album art yet in the Artist/album folder. To get to that folder you need to go to the Artist index, and click the new button that pops up on your screen in the top right corner. The Hiby team has also been informed about that and it should be all good once the player is sent to the buying customers."

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #3,350 of 6,859
Well, i used the "delete" option to remove all of the special character tracks from the shuffle list (but not actually delete the files). Now the shuffle is exhibiting the same behavior on tracks that begin with numbers( 20th Century Boy for example). Very frustrating, never had this happen on any of my other 5 DAPs, some which are many years old. Big swing and miss on this!

yup..
I backed up my tags with tag&rename, then batch changed nordic and umlaut characters + all the `\[/`tags. Then it hangs on numbers.....

It is the first character it hangs on. I have never had this happen on any of my players. This is beginning to feel like another ap60 buy.. a player that was unusable in sunlight, touch controls that was like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" and Bluetooth control that only worked if the Bluetooth setting screen was open before the screen turned off.

Does not help that questions are not answered on mail + the other places. And that shuffle issues has been raised 5 months back and 3 months back on jd[/QUOTE]

Is that ‘20th Century Boy’ by Mickey Finn’s T-Rex?
Great track & yt vid if you haven’t seen.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #3,351 of 6,859
yup..

Does not help that questions are not answered on mail + the other places. And that shuffle issues has been raised 5 months back and 3 months back on jd

[/QUOTE]
yessir. I have the Def Leppard version as well.

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,353 of 6,859
Hello everyone, i received my R3 yesterday. First thing I tried to do is connect to Tidal, but when i want to play a song, i get 'playback failed' on every song...
I created hotspot with my samsung S6 and then it works. Both networks are 2.4 Ghz so that's not the problem. I tried changing every possible setting on my home router but nothing helps, always playback failed.
Some of you had the same problem, did someone find the solution?

Same problem here with Tidal.

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #3,354 of 6,859
I thought this day would never come, but my gray R3 is FINALLY on its way and arriving tomorrow. The wait was torture.
Mine also due tomorrow (Friday).

Jul 6, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #3,356 of 6,859

I must take this opportunity to thank hiby for re-establishing contact and going a good job of it. Shout out to Faye from Hiby CS. We are trying to solve my customs issue and hope for an early solution.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #3,357 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs / @fanoble :

For the next fw upgrade would you please add the option to switch between elapsed time playing & time remaining on tracks playing & albums instead of just elapsed time as it is now.
Plus when playing a track & viewing the album art would you make it so that after say 5 sec or so or till you take your finger off the screen controls so the play controls disappear to fill the space completely with the album art unless you tap again to bring up the controls again etc & so on as looking at albums art without the controls staring at you is much preferable.
I’ve tried to draw or swipe my finger down over the album but it doesn’t make the play controls disappear, so unless I missed this option somewhere then adding that feature would be much appreciated.
Lastly it would be of great value & assistance if you would create & add a full featured complete detailed user manual for those of us that need more than a few words of explanation seeking out all the features/options & how to access where they are & what they do in making sure you are getting 100% of the value of the R3.
As this is my 1st Hiby product & esp one so small detailed operating instructions to access the various features functions etc would alleviate the strain on my eyes trying to endlessly thumb they the screen trying to find things.
This could be posted as a dl on your website or sent out to us via a fw dl to add to the memory card.

Aside from that, so far so good, thx again.

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #3,358 of 6,859
yup..

[/QUOTE]

@Joe Bloggs / @fanoble

well now i believe it is a problem with shuffle in general. I removed all songs with special character and those that began with a number and the player is now repeating files that begin with the letter Z . This is just ridiculous. @Joe Bloggs / @fanoble can you help with this?

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #3,359 of 6,859
well now i believe it is a problem with shuffle in general. I removed all songs with special character and those that began with a number and the player is now repeating files that begin with the letter Z . This is just ridiculous. @Joe Bloggs / @fanoble can you help with this?

Really? What a joke since head Headfonia mentioned it in second post or so in this thread, and over 3 months ago hiby was "informed of it" and "would be fixed" before shipping.

Now created a playlist with all my tracks and shuffle works. But just annoying, folder view-aplaylistfolder-select playlist-wait for playlist to load

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #3,360 of 6,859
I've also stacked mine with a Mojo and it is uncanny how they are the same height and width dimensions. The only issue is that the Mojo gives off slight interference when a device with cell/wifi is very close to it so if you are streaming Tidal this could be a minor inconvenience.
Wow.. looks like match made in heaven..lol! Yeah i noticed that too.. looks like poor shielding on the R3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back