The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #3,242 of 6,859
So it seems the Hiby/R3 facebook page has a couple of mole/dumbtards trying to figure how technology works as advertised...

Screenshot_20180703-170226.jpg

He can't seem to plug in his WiFi password because the R3 is too small for his fat fingers. Oy vey...

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #3,243 of 6,859
This iem is definitely causing me to itch; I have yet to hear someone not recommending the b400.
I’d change the tips then for some that don’t ! :wink:
Seriously though it sounds really good with a 60cm custom VE junkosha balanced cable to. :)
(Shirt pocket or earstudio es100)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #3,245 of 6,859
B400 or campfire comets?? What a conundrum. Comfort is priority, well then of course sound. :wink:
I had B400. Sadly, was not impressed. They hissed on every source i tried, was very apparent. Quality was good, and very comfortable. Maybe there was something wrong w my unit. Sound quality wise, i like DD iems better, gives better extension and depth on the low end. Havent heard comets though. My end_of_the_line iem is IMR R1. Expensive, but it does everything well. Another gem of IEMs is Periodic audio BE, great extensions both ways, lows and highs. I would advise looking into Periodic Mg, Ti, BE along with CA Comet, Fiio FH1 ( had that and F9 pro, loved the way the pro is made, sound was not as good in the lows ).

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #3,247 of 6,859
very same issue I was to post. Shuffle and same song repeats with different numbers.Kept pressing the forward button on the jabra 65t multiple times.

edit:
it hangs on characters in file name, example Ü. This can get very annoying, very soon.

edit 2:

Argh--it also hangs on Norwegian characters like øæå.

No way im going through my entire card to change this
Well I'm glad I am not only one with this issue. It definitely seems to be tied to odd characters. i messed with mp3tag to remove these on maybe 20 files or so , but after you refresh your collection , it will again exhibit this behavior with some other "imperfectly" spelled track/ album. So far i have found it cannot operate properly with ( ..., parentheses, brackets, accents over letters and so on). At 15,000 files it would take a great deal of time to search and correct all of these, so I hope a fix is coming. Had this previously not been discovered? It's a big miss on a music player if the shuffle function does not work properly. @Joe Bloggs can you help pass this issue on?

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #3,248 of 6,859
I had B400. Sadly, was not impressed. They hissed on every source i tried, was very apparent. Quality was good, and very comfortable. Maybe there was something wrong w my unit. Sound quality wise, i like DD iems better, gives better extension and depth on the low end. Havent heard comets though. My end_of_the_line iem is IMR R1. Expensive, but it does everything well. Another gem of IEMs is Periodic audio BE, great extensions both ways, lows and highs. I would advise looking into Periodic Mg, Ti, BE along with CA Comet, Fiio FH1 ( had that and F9 pro, loved the way the pro is made, sound was not as good in the lows ).

I got my end of the line iem :) I just don’t want to use them for more active usage. So something cheaper but still sounds good would fit the bill.

And I like DD more too the Tesla driver in my ak8tie is amazing.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #3,249 of 6,859
I got my end of the line iem :) I just don’t want to use them for more active usage. So something cheaper but still sounds good would fit the bill.

And I like DD more too the Tesla driver in my ak8tie is amazing.
Wait till you try hybrids... *Cough* empire, Jomo, 64

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #3,250 of 6,859
:)
Finally received my R3 [mid #12xx’s] yesterday mid aft [wont rehash the shipping debacle.!] & went to charge it was 92/93% charged so topped it off.
Was having issues getting wifi to update fw to work at home for some reason so took a 128g cd with 15 g of iTunes [until I can get Hi-Res on it] & quickly went to local cafe & Wi-Fi so updated fw & spent a few hrs listening to all genres of music on my Denon AH-D7200:) with high end DragonGlass cables from HiveMind.

Then wet home & tried connecting to my home wifi.
Guess what, was using an old pw duh, so obviously it wouldn’t connect.!

Anyhow switched headphone to my Focal Elear fro a few hrs then to my Audioquest NighHawks & you know what, although only listening to iTunes on all 3:) it sounded damn fine [obviously depending on the original recording.] and I’ve liited the vol to 85 & listing at a vol between 49, 56 & 69 low gain so it drive all three:) easily & when switched hi gain on just juiced it up that much more & no 8 ball or EQ involved either.
That is listening to everything from large mass orchestrated power works like Beethoven’s 9th esp the Ode Finale, Orff’s Carmina Burana & sublime Delibes: Lakme: Flower Duet as light soft works as well.

Jazz, blues, r&b/soul, pop, country, world music, metal, rock n roll, rock & everything in between the sound given the constraints of what I’m listening to sounds great so can only imagine HR files.

Not burned in at all only about 12 hrs+ onnit so will give it a full week-2 weeks like all else I buy & use before o fully settle in for long days & nights of immersive listening pleasure.!

Found the software/ui pretty good but some buggy annoyances as well hopefully they get ironed out soon, fingers crossed that’s it for that.

Small & light enough, grey looks great.

Really like the clear plastic hard case [whites kinda ugly with a black or grey R3, should made black instead of white.] & so glad I didn’t order the leather one.

So with case on it’s very pocketable & I have a lot of small ‘fits just right’ cases/bags etc from travel nice & other electronics so no shortage of carry options for it either.

The next few days I’ll give the BT a try with my Focal Listen Wireless:) & end of Aug when I get my ORA Graphene Q BT:) I’ll be set.!

So all in all until I get my HR files on it, with all 3 of my sweet :) it’s going to be a fun summer listening to some great tunes.!

All I need is more :)music & more GR8 Craft:beer:Beer, can never have too much of either.!

:):iphone:

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #3,251 of 6,859
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 3, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #3,253 of 6,859
Well I'm glad I am not only one with this issue. It definitely seems to be tied to odd characters. i messed with mp3tag to remove these on maybe 20 files or so , but after you refresh your collection , it will again exhibit this behavior with some other "imperfectly" spelled track/ album. So far i have found it cannot operate properly with ( ..., parentheses, brackets, accents over letters and so on). At 15,000 files it would take a great deal of time to search and correct all of these, so I hope a fix is coming. Had this previously not been discovered? It's a big miss on a music player if the shuffle function does not work properly. @Joe Bloggs can you help pass this issue on?

Okay

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 3, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #3,254 of 6,859
Thank you for your support but that's not a nice way to call one of our aspiring customers :wink:

Man, aspiring??? you still got PAYING customers who have yet to get the device. Just me, but I'd worry about them and not a rude post you could flag and let the site deal with (delete) if they choose.
July 3rd.

#1 Explain
#2 Apologiize
#3 Fix

#250 worry about impolite posts then use report button

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #3,255 of 6,859
Man, aspiring??? you still got PAYING customers who have yet to get the device. Just me, but I'd worry about them and not a rude post you could flag and let the site deal with (delete) if they choose.
July 3rd.

#1 Explain
#2 Apologiize
#3 Fix

#250 worry about impolite posts then use report button

:thumbsup::thumbsup::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back