The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 3, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #3,226 of 6,859
Hey Guys, got my R3 today and it is beautiful and sounds wonderful. Although there seems to be an issue with the "shuffle" function. I popped in my 200gb card with just shy of 15,000 track on it. I set the play mode to shuffle and started the first track. all was well until it moved to the second track ( Like Clockwork/ Queens of the Stone Age). This track then repeated multiple times only with a different track number (4455, 8641, etc.). Occasionally another random track would be thrown into mix, then another 5 or 6 repeat plays of Like Clockwork. Is this an issue that has already been discovered and if so is there a future firmware fix in the work?
This is the exact issue I've been having as well. I have a 200GB card with 17,500 songs on it, and have a track (€666 by I Killed The Prom Queen) that just keeps appearing in shuffle mode and takes 5-10 skips to get to a new song, just for it to go back to €666 again afterwards. When I look in 'All', I also see this:
15306193940969089810274657764546.jpg

This song is only actually on my R3 once though. As you can see below, when I click on the song to play it, it highlights all of them which indicates the song is just the one file being displayed multiple times:
15306196276815750789461119977545.jpg

@Joe Bloggs, do you have a method in place for users to report bugs? I'd like to help out and give you and your team as much information as possible to reproduce a couple of bugs that I've come across, like this one.

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #3,228 of 6,859
yeah i started actually using the artist menu first however i have some albums with various artists and browsing through that list felt like a mess.

Exactly! I'd even sent an email to Hiby Service where, as well as asking about gapless being fixed, I mentioned they might want to do something about taking notice of the compilation/various artists option being set in tagging.

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #3,229 of 6,859
This is the exact issue I've been having as well. I have a 200GB card with 17,500 songs on it, and have a track (€666 by I Killed The Prom Queen) that just keeps appearing in shuffle mode and takes 5-10 skips to get to a new song, just for it to go back to €666 again afterwards. When I look in 'All', I also see this:

This song is only actually on my R3 once though. As you can see below, when I click on the song to play it, it highlights all of them which indicates the song is just the one file being displayed multiple times:

@Joe Bloggs, do you have a method in place for users to report bugs? I'd like to help out and give you and your team as much information as possible to reproduce a couple of bugs that I've come across, like this one.

very same issue I was to post. Shuffle and same song repeats with different numbers.Kept pressing the forward button on the jabra 65t multiple times.

edit:
it hangs on characters in file name, example Ü. This can get very annoying, very soon.

edit 2:

Argh--it also hangs on Norwegian characters like øæå.

No way im going through my entire card to change this

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,230 of 6,859
edit 2:

Argh--it also hangs on Norwegian characters like øæå.
Yes, I have a few files with Norwegian characters too and they were originally the songs that my R3 was getting stuck on. I think they need to add support for more character sets.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,231 of 6,859
DHL "shipping info received" for over a week now. No reply from Hiby. DHL says they never got a package from them, only a label was created so can't help me.

Backer #49, Grey color, USA

This is fun.. reading about everyone evaluating their players while I stare at a static shipping page :frowning2:
Same situation. DHL says they haven’t got it. Wrote to HiBy and got no response. This after their mea culpa and promise to get things moving. Also gray USA.

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #3,234 of 6,859
DHL "shipping info received" for over a week now. No reply from Hiby. DHL says they never got a package from them, only a label was created so can't help me.

Backer #49, Grey color, USA

This is fun.. reading about everyone evaluating their players while I stare at a static shipping page :frowning2:

It’s as I speculated. Shipping “info” was received but not physical package. I’ve stopped worrying about it. It’s both Hiby’s and custom’s fault. I’ve resigned myself to waiting till August. I’m not going to participate in another Hiby campaign again, but I’m also not going to stay aggravated over something I have zero power over. Hiby obviously overestimated their ability to get these in backers hands in a timely manner. I’m going to stop looking at the DHL page.

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #3,235 of 6,859
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #3,236 of 6,859
It’s as I speculated. Shipping “info” was received but not physical package. I’ve stopped worrying about it. It’s both Hiby’s and custom’s fault. I’ve resigned myself to waiting till August. I’m not going to participate in another Hiby campaign again, but I’m also not going to stay aggravated over something I have zero power over. Hiby obviously overestimated their ability to get these in backers hands in a timely manner. I’m going to stop looking at the DHL page.
I was in the same boat as you (grey to US), then all of a sudden I got a text message and next thing I knew, badda-bing, it started moving fast. Hopefully the same happens for you. The shipping has been a total cluster.

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3,237 of 6,859
Backer #809 here. Haven't received any notice about shipping yet.

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,238 of 6,859
I was in the same boat as you (grey to US), then all of a sudden I got a text message and next thing I knew, badda-bing, it started moving fast. Hopefully the same happens for you. The shipping has been a total cluster.

Same here. Nothing for 9 days on my black player, then I got a text message Saturday from dhl saying expect delivery Tuesday. I thought yeah right haha. Then Monday I get a text from dhl saying out for delivery. Player looks really nice, but didn't get a chance to play any music yet.

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #3,239 of 6,859
Any recommended balanced cable for the LZ-A4 using the R3?

Not too experienced with balanced cables, so my take isn't as richly informative as other balanced cable aficionados.

I'm currently using the fidue cable. Not too expensive and has a good lock stabilizer. I've also heard of Mee Audio releasing a cable that can do both single ended and balanced by switching input jacks. You might want to look into it.

I usually buy off of Penon Audio. The store has plenty of cables for sale. I would stay away Dunu cables tho; their cables aren't as reliable in my experience especially for the price tag of 100$ and above.

The power output via balanced sounded better IME; I'm a big fan of my Alo Rx amp for stacking single ended iems with daps but I'm glad to say that I'm definitely going minimalist with the R3.

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,240 of 6,859

Users who are viewing this thread

Back