The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #2,641 of 6,859
At least you got a shipped/shipping # :frowning2:

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #2,644 of 6,859
I love the swipe up from the bottom, just hope Apple don’t sue :wink:

CB59DF08-204B-4226-B233-B9941F7FBAA1.jpeg

E5E87B25-D5B0-497E-A2F7-E7D7017C0283.jpeg

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #2,645 of 6,859
@all the backers, from today we will post daily update about the R3 shipping status:

1. For R3 Black orders: All the black orders has been shipped out (not included missing shipping information backers).

2. For R3 Gray orders: All the gray orders before #736 has been shipping out (not included missing shipping information backers) and for the rest 382 gray R3 orders, we will ship them out within this week, and the tracking numbers will be available by next week.

3.Today we sent out another 157 tracking numbers today. There are still 156 tracking numbers are under process. We will send them as soon as we get them from the shipping company. Some orders have wrong post code, we have to contact those backers to get the correct post code.

4.For those backers who already received the tracking number but not able to get any tracking information from it. Here is the process of the R3 shipping, we used a shipping agency help to ship all the orders. Once we send all the products to the shipping agency, they will help to create the DHL label (Tracking number) for each order. And once they finished all the labels, they will send the products to DHL HongKong office to ship out. It will also take few days for the products to process the customs clearance and arrived in DHL HongKong office. If you have not seen any information from your tracking number yet, that means your package is on the way to DHL HongKong office. And you will be able to see some update tracking information in few days.

5.There are still 34 backers have not provided their shipping address yet, we have sent Email to each of these backers to provide the shipping information. Please reply the Email if you received the Email.

Thank you again for your support and patience.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #2,647 of 6,859
Backer #97 My info was just sent to DHL.........no package received:

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 Location Time Pieces
1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:12

But at least now there is something. Destination: USA. When I'll get it, who knows???

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #2,648 of 6,859
Backer #97 My info was just sent to DHL.........no package received:

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 Location Time Pieces
1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:12

But at least now there is something. Destination: USA. When I'll get it, who knows???

Same for mine; kinda of wondering how long it'll sit in Hong Kong. Oh man how wrong was i to think it would be shipped already from just reading the headline of the email. - ("Great News! - Your HiBy R3 has been shipped out! - Tracking number update")

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 Location Time Piece
1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 19:07

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,650 of 6,859
@all the backers, from today we will post daily update about the R3 shipping status:

1. For R3 Black orders: All the black orders has been shipped out (not included missing shipping information backers).

2. For R3 Gray orders: All the gray orders before #736 has been shipping out (not included missing shipping information backers) and for the rest 382 gray R3 orders, we will ship them out within this week, and the tracking numbers will be available by next week.

3.Today we sent out another 157 tracking numbers today. There are still 156 tracking numbers are under process. We will send them as soon as we get them from the shipping company. Some orders have wrong post code, we have to contact those backers to get the correct post code.

4.For those backers who already received the tracking number but not able to get any tracking information from it. Here is the process of the R3 shipping, we used a shipping agency help to ship all the orders. Once we send all the products to the shipping agency, they will help to create the DHL label (Tracking number) for each order. And once they finished all the labels, they will send the products to DHL HongKong office to ship out. It will also take few days for the products to process the customs clearance and arrived in DHL HongKong office. If you have not seen any information from your tracking number yet, that means your package is on the way to DHL HongKong office. And you will be able to see some update tracking information in few days.

5.There are still 34 backers have not provided their shipping address yet, we have sent Email to each of these backers to provide the shipping information. Please reply the Email if you received the Email.

Thank you again for your support and patience.

what about those with SF express shipping number?
i got my tracking number today but not showing any tracking information on SF site...just wait couple of days?

thanks for keeping us updated

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #2,651 of 6,859
to put things in perspective

I ordered the AP60Pro way before I even heard of the Hiby R3 project on Kickstarter
Seems like to me at least Hiby beat Hidiz to the punch with the R3 versus the AP60 PRO and Shanling beat them both with the M0 rollout
makes you wonder if all these things are made in the same production facility in China
now I'll end up with the M0./R3/AP60 Pro/Nuansa P1-A1 all within a month which sucks and with a Massdrop HIFIMAN HE4XX, Audioquest NightOwls and Modhouse Argon Mk3s coming I'm tapped out for a awhile which is good

but all in all I think Hiby did a better rollout with the R3 roll out than the R6 from what I've seen on their blog

From MassDrop

It's on its way!
Your Hidizs AP60 Pro Digital Audio Player has shipped and should be arriving soon.
Keep an eye on its progress with the tracking number

Hidizs AP60 Pro Digital Audio Player
DATE PURCHASED
Mar 14, 2018
TOTAL $79.99
All orders will be shipped by Massdrop.
Estimated ship date is May 7, 2018 PT.

After the drop ends, payment will be collected.
To deliver the best value to the group the request will then be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final.
Be sure to check the discussion page for updates.

This is an example of recent comments on this drop

Nope. The product was supposed to ship on 4/7 and a 'Ooops. Sorry, but we didn't ship' e-mail was sent that night with no explanation or revised ETA.
Radio silence since then. When they're pitching their drops, they are all over the discussion groups, but when there are issues, they are ghosts.
(If their objective is to highlight what crappy customer communications looks like -- well they should consider it: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!)

You know. This is the final nail in the coffin. I'm going to be selling mine and swearing off all Hidizs products without trying it, but if they can't take the time away from promotion to apologize for their lackluster communications, and a promise to do better in the future, I don't want to buy from them in the future.
Such a company doesn't deserve high consideration from me to part with my money if they can't even correct something so simple and fundamental as communication.​

Jun 21, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,652 of 6,859
I wonder if some of the posters here have never ordered stuff from China before. In my experience, it usually takes between a week and a month from the date shipment is confirmed until the items arrive.

There is a reason for the fact that shipment from China is cheap and often included in the low price.
Many of the same items can also be ordered from outlets like Amazon.
The upside is that there are no hidden duties and the items often arrive sooner (though not always).
The downside is that you usually have to pay a lot more.
In this case, the same item is not even available yet from such outlets, so I just wait until my R3 (tracking no received today) arrives and don't complain about stuff I can't control.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #2,653 of 6,859
I’ve been through this before. Checking the tracking status is an exercise in futility. Your stuff appears to be going nowhere for days and then suddenly moves without notice. It’s not a linear process. I have an R3 coming one day, and I’m anxious to get it, but after the tracking experience I had with the R6 and others, I’m not making myself crazy this time.

I know some of you have no DAP to use in the meantime and that is frustrating.. But my experience is that it will get there when it gets there. I’m confident that HiBy shipped it when they say they did and it’s now I the hands of various carriers.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,655 of 6,859
1) If you have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, you could probably get very decent listening volumes on the Senns

Please do NOT get a 2.5mm trrs balanced to 3.5mm unbalanced adapter. You can't adapt a balanced output to unbalanced as it will effectively short the two inverted signals together. Hopefully devices have protection so that it doesn't cause an issue with the device.

You need to get/make balanced cables for your headphones.

2) the 300/150ohm difference to volume required is a publicity stunt, both still need about the same volume out of my R3 because of similar sensitivity specs.

You're last comment hit the nail on the head. The sensitivity of headphones really controls their volume output. The impedance determines the type of load they put on the amp. Now as a result of that list, some amps behave differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back