The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #2,611 of 6,859
Guys who have got the device, have you tired feeding a iDSD BL or something similar and any thoughts on that please.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #2,612 of 6,859
Guys who have got the device, have you tired feeding a iDSD BL or something similar and any thoughts on that please.

I would also be curious about this.

I've connected to the Mojo and H2 using usb-c to coax, but have been eyeing the idsd bl and the xdsd so would be curious if anyone has fed to either of those two units.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #2,613 of 6,859
Gentlemen can we please
I would also be curious about this.

I've connected to the Mojo and H2 using usb-c to coax, but have been eyeing the idsd bl and the xdsd so would be curious if anyone has fed to either of those two units.
I have also ordered the cable with the device and will test it once i get it but was wondering if anyone would have tired the pairing and would be able to throw some light on the situation. It would be a sweet transport with a huge screen to the micro iDSD BL.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #2,614 of 6,859
Gentlemen can we please

I have also ordered the cable with the device and will test it once i get it but was wondering if anyone would have tired the pairing and would be able to throw some light on the situation. It would be a sweet transport with a huge screen to the micro iDSD BL.[/QUOTE
Gentlemen can we please

I have also ordered the cable with the device and will test it once i get it but was wondering if anyone would have tired the pairing and would be able to throw some light on the situation. It would be a sweet transport with a huge screen to the micro iDSD BL.

Super, you can always send me your IDSD BL and I could check it out on my R3 for you :) :wink:

Ha ha

Actually the ifi nano looks pretty damn good for the price.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,615 of 6,859
A couple of times to and fro and ill get an xDSD :D

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,616 of 6,859

I still don’t know how to post even after 16 years on here. A quote within a quote, and I don’t even know how I did it. :confused:

I have to say the R3’s battery level % meter is one of the most accurate I’ve seen. Went down to one percent then zero and died shortly after.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #2,617 of 6,859
For those who want to put playlists already created i would suggest try this:
I dont have a R3 but i do have hiby music installed on my fiio x5III and a shangling m1. I use Jriver and have loaded playlists on my pc, you can add a device on jriver and send any playlist to the device, the result is jriver will copy the files to the device with the songs with this path: artist/album/song and then create a Playlist directory on the root directory with the playlist name and path on the device, the R3 maybe wont recognize them but they are accesible by folder explorer. Maybe is not ideal but for me its engouh on my X5III with hiby music and shanling m1. Hope that helps. :)

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #2,620 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs

I don't suppose there is any info on when the R3 might be available for people who missed on the Kickstarter? (aka when it's available online)

Looks like Advanced MP3 Players in the UK has the R3 up for preorder. Their estimated availability date is June 30th
R3.JPG

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,621 of 6,859
Looks like Advanced MP3 Players in the UK has the R3 up for preorder. Their estimated availability date is June 30th
I think that may be subject to availability from HiBy. I ‘bought’ a Cayin n5ii from them on pre-order, but they sold out before they got to mine on their list so I got a refund. I could’ve waited for the next stock, but wasn’t guaranteed a player even then due to limited availability. I ended up with a Pioneer xdp-300r instead:)

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #2,622 of 6,859
Just added a Flac album to my R3 card it up loaded realy quick. Clicked "update database" it rescans the whole 400gb card can we have an option to scan "newly added" or to go to the file and add?

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,623 of 6,859

A few weeks back I went to check out the iFi xDSD.
Since it was brand new & new very little about it other than reading a few online & press iFi previews was curious & excited to check it out.

Its definitely a pretty cool little device & I’m not really that ticked one way or the other about the finish.
It’s small & light almost too light as if is there really anything in there.
It does look nice if you don’t touch it & yes it’s a huge :point_right:magnet which almost defeats the lovely look of the mirrored polished granite look.
Question is do you want to make something that looks great if it sits & is not touched or make something that people are using all the time touching with a finish that won’t continually bring up those concerns or comments.
Personally I would have stayed with what they are good at, the aluminum enclosure they’ve used for pretty much everything like my iFi Nana iDSDor the new flat matt black which looks really nice.
If you don’t touch it & aren’t worried about fp then no problem but either of the above would’ve been preferred over the gloss look they went with.

Since I had no clue how to work it & the store owner had had it for a week or two I let him give me the guided tour 1st.
So there did seem to be a bt connectivity issue & accessing the various functions & the led lighting scheme all kinds seemed to be a bit of jumble as if it was a pre production model.
As in sometimes the process to change functions & options worked fine & sometimes not, a bit convoluted I’d say.
Sounds good but just seems too finicky for the $550. here.

I’ve been waiting for the Mytek Clef for quite a while, supposed to ship early this year but he had production issues with the case & had to go with someone else cough cough!
So that’s delayed it & orders are back logged so not sure when he’s getting it in either but it should hopefully be about $400. or so.

That’s what I’m really looking forward to checking out.

Anyhow will give the xdsd another look latter to see if I’m more impressed the second time as I was only there for maybe 20-30 with it...

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #2,624 of 6,859
Guys, I got a shipping notification from Hiby(an email) which had a tracking ID as well in it. It was shipped through DHL and the notification was received on the 13th of June. I called DHL to inquire about it and according to them they were yet to receive the item itself to start the shipping. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,625 of 6,859
Guys, I got a shipping notification from Hiby(an email) which had a tracking ID as well in it. It was shipped through DHL and the notification was received on the 13th of June. I called DHL to inquire about it and according to them they were yet to receive the item itself to start the shipping. Anyone else facing the same issue?

the same situation - since 13th of june nothing happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back