The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 20, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #2,626 of 6,859
Guys, I got a shipping notification from Hiby(an email) which had a tracking ID as well in it. It was shipped through DHL and the notification was received on the 13th of June. I called DHL to inquire about it and according to them they were yet to receive the item itself to start the shipping. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Exact same issue ... the only difference being i didn't call DHL and my tracking just isnt getting updated and only says "logistics information shared"

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,627 of 6,859
I vote for a good dose of music, beer & chips conversion until we actually get anything substantive to talk about, don’t we live in a free world :bust_in_silhouette:
& by the way, if you’re going to listen to ‘Black Magic Woman’ please do yourself a favour & listen to the original from Peter Green [who wrote it] & the original Fleetwood Mac back in late ‘68/69 when they were an actual British Blues/Rock band before they morphed into a Top 40 MOR AM enterprise, along with Rattle Snake Shake, Albatross & while you’re at it one of my All Time Favourites ‘ LOVE THAT BURNS’ & another all time blues Classic ‘Need Your Love So Bad’, oh yeah ‘Oh Well’ as well’!

VMan, those are all for you as I imagine you grew up with them as did I!

Cheers:beers:

Now whose got the chips & dip?! :robot:
Here here! The early stuff was so much better . Future Games, Women of a thousand years, great stuff.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #2,628 of 6,859
Oh yeah since you mention the subject,!,

>‘We've removed a number of off-topic posts from the thread. Let's please bring the discussion back to the HiBy R3’<

I fail to see how we ‘the backers of the R3’ that have funded a ‘Digital Audio Player’! that is precisely & specifically created for us to enjoy our vast libraries of music on it is in anyway creating off-topic posts, this is the sole purpose of the R3’!

We are not talking about the specs & rebuilding the engine in an original ‘427 AC Cobra’ & track times or parameters & launch capabilities of the New ‘Black Hole’ Research Probe’!

This thread’s is wrapped around various aspects of the R3 meeting our needs & it’s primary purpose innthat is music we love & share!!!

So again I post this question?!?

Who’s bringing the chips & dip since I’ve supplied the beer for this Music Extravaganza Beat Down Burning Toad Festival?!?

Let’s lighten up & have some fun far too much negativity sadness & madness in the world!
Time To Party!
:robot:
If you want hilarity and off topic vist Schitt thread.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #2,629 of 6,859
Here here! The early stuff was so much better . Future Games, Women of a thousand years, great stuff.

Yes absolutely as with manybif those early groups it seems after their debut or follow up maybe streching to the 3 lp in many if not most cases, when those groups came out with their great break out sounds you really stood up [or maybe fell down] & took note as in who the hell are these guys, man what an incredible sound & thank god I got some great gear to listen & enjoy the trip!

I say we can all be thankful for so much great music over the years & im not just talking rock n roll, rock or blues, jazz, big band, soul/r&b, pop, country & western/new country, ethnic/world music, classical, edm, electronic, alternative & so much more!

I’m personally just so thankful my parents filled our home with big band swing jazz & country when I was a very young child as it gave me a great foundation for me as I got older to learn & follow so many more amazing musicians sounds and experiences as I got to this point in the journey of my life.

So yes let’s all celebrate our audio systems & musical experiences and how it affected molded shaped & influenced us!

Where would we be without that incredible influence & support system everyday!

So put your fave tunes on your most cherished playback system & enjoy the moment.

Brb, getting the craft beer & chips & dip...

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #2,630 of 6,859
Guys, I got a shipping notification from Hiby(an email) which had a tracking ID as well in it. It was shipped through DHL and the notification was received on the 13th of June. I called DHL to inquire about it and according to them they were yet to receive the item itself to start the shipping. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Got my tracking number but it's still in the Hong Kong (19th) showing courier information received and awaiting for shipment.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #2,633 of 6,859

Same here.. DHL says they did not receive the item. Set.. So it seems hiby did not hand over. To DHL but created the shipping papers.. I think it is up to you whom we believed in.. DHL or hiby saying they. Already shipped.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #2,634 of 6,859
shoddily handled shipping IMO.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #2,635 of 6,859
Hi everyone,

Don't have pictures but I tried demoing the Senn HD600 and HD660 with the R3 at a local store. I was quite impressed. Even though they are 300ohms and 150ohms respectively, they did decently - and I could hit listening levels between 70-80/100 on unbalanced, high gain. 2 interesting observations: 1) If you have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, you could probably get very decent listening volumes on the Senns and 2) the 300/150ohm difference to volume required is a publicity stunt, both still need about the same volume out of my R3 because of similar sensitivity specs.

I last did this with a V20 which has a higher power output, so this is awesome. As to my thoughts on the HD660 vs 600, that can wait for somewhere else or if anyone asks :wink:

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,636 of 6,859
Hi everyone,

Don't have pictures but I tried demoing the Senn HD600 and HD660 with the R3 at a local store. I was quite impressed. Even though they are 300ohms and 150ohms respectively, they did decently - and I could hit listening levels between 70-80/100 on unbalanced, high gain. 2 interesting observations: 1) If you have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, you could probably get very decent listening volumes on the Senns and 2) the 300/150ohm difference to volume required is a publicity stunt, both still need about the same volume out of my R3 because of similar sensitivity specs.

I last did this with a V20 which has a higher power output, so this is awesome. As to my thoughts on the HD660 vs 600, that can wait for somewhere else or if anyone asks :wink:
Teasing is against the forum rules :p

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #2,637 of 6,859
Same here.. DHL says they did not receive the item. Set.. So it seems hiby did not hand over. To DHL but created the shipping papers.. I think it is up to you whom we believed in.. DHL or hiby saying they. Already shipped.

Yes, stuck on 13 here. Apparently they ship it first to a "proxy" then the real shipping starts.

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #2,639 of 6,859
Teasing is against the forum rules :p
Haha! Unfortunately I don't have much to add apart from existing reviews. There is a touch more bass and treble compared to HD600 - think of it as a pop tuning if you want. Combined with a slightly cleaner note, it actually messed up my experience because a clearer V meant that the HD660S was a little bassier yet had thinner treble, which did not work for me and the R3. I was happier with the more coherent sound of the HD600, where bass to treble nothing jumps out at you. This was more obvious on classical recordings, less so on pop albums.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back