The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 4, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #166 of 2,052
Such a hard to drive headphone is contradiction with the foldable portable design.
Exactly. That was my question some posts earlier in this thread if any real portable HP are on the horizon.

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #167 of 2,052
Our new website will be online around 12 pacific, danclarkaudio.com.

AEON 2 Closed starts shipping TODAY (yes, not in 2-3 months!!!!!).

Headphones are en route to Germany and China, with more to international distributors next week. Several US retailers like Listen Up! will have product on hand starting today. We will be shipping limited quantities ordered from www.dcaudio.com starting this afternoon.

AEON 2 Open will ship within two weeks.

If you'd like to see a full review, Headphone.guru just posted here.
I guess you also need new headfi name ?

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #168 of 2,052
Hugo2 and Mojo have the exact same Current delivery, with the Hugo2 having slightly higher Voltage output giving it a boost in total max power potential. Generalizations without facts are not helpful.

Yeah, there's much more to it than just the "MOARPOWER!!!" factor :deadhorse:. Lets not forget output impedance too, as well as one's brain needing some time to reset, going from one sound signature to another. Like Dan Clark said, very music genre and subjective preference dependent.

Sometimes it's more about some kind of performance anxiety, rather than actually not sounding good enough from a smaller device.

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #169 of 2,052
Unsolicited advice , do not get rid of your Primes until you listen to Aeon 2c- I sold my Primes before getting the Aeon C and it was a heartbreaker - sold the Aeon C and ended up with the Z1r.

Advice taken, and thanks!

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #170 of 2,052
Unsolicited advice , do not get rid of your Primes until you listen to Aeon 2c- I sold my Primes before getting the Aeon C and it was a heartbreaker - sold the Aeon C and ended up with the Z1r.

Hey what are your thoughts on the Z1R ? Are you happy with them ?
I just ordered

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #171 of 2,052
Exactly. That was my question some posts earlier in this thread if any real portable HP are on the horizon.

I had a similar situation when I purchased the Abyss Diana V2.. a hard-to-drive headphone, but I was able to stack it with my FiiO A5 and I found that the sound quality was worth the extra bulk in my coat pocket. :p

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #172 of 2,052
There is no such thing- is all up to you on where you draw the line. Hobbies can get out of control and never end.

Yeah perhaps that is true. I'm already trying to justify spending over $1,000 on a pair of headphones. Haha. My Focal Elex is the most I've spent on a headphone yet. I wish they were a bit lighter and therefore more comfortable but they sound great. I'm still very curious about these new Aeon Flow. I most likely would get the open as I had the previous closed and felt a little claustrophobic. Perhaps I'm just too used to open headphones now. But I wonder if it's really worth paying an extra $200 for the VIVO cable? :thinking: Also I noticed the old Mr. Speakers website is still active.

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #173 of 2,052
I'm actually a fan of the color of the new Aeon 2; it's a tasteful red tone and also serves a highly useful function of differentiating them easily at a glance visually from the first generation Aeon models, without resorting to folding them up, since that's the only other major difference visually between the generations.

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #176 of 2,052
What about usual tuning with black and white filters/notches..? Honestly i am not a fan. I would prefer a good to go hp out of the box without a/b/cing different tuning pads.
Also, i found the first aoen open quite harsh and sibilant, the "sss" in certain tracka were unbereable. I could buy it just to try it if these aspects were improved.. Someone had listened to it?

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #178 of 2,052
I like the claret red and find it classy. Goes back to the roots of the company. In a crazy world where I could have things like I want, I'd love to see a full carbon fiber ALA a mini ETHER C cup. No paint, just carbon fiber baby! Now you know that would be sexy.

Still, reds do have that shouty, take notice, look at me connotation. Great at avoiding incidents I guess. :octagonal_sign:

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #179 of 2,052
I find these good to go out of the box and need no pads for tuning. But we all have our preferences.
Since you really like the Aeon 2C can you answer these questions? Thanks for your time.

1) What source gear do you use? Portable ones would mean more for us than the destkop ones.
2) How would you describe the sound of the A2C ? Warm, natural or bright?
3) This headphone sounds laid back- relaxed or aggresive-energetic ?
4) Can you compare A2C to AFC ? I would appreciate a detailed comparision instead of "A2C simply better"
5) Maybe you've already posted, comparisions to similarly priced closed backs? Comparision to Focal Elegia?
6) What music genres sound good, mediocre and bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back