The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 3, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #137 of 2,052
Yes.

Bigger soundstage, more midrange presence, more detail, more dynamic.

It's a fully custom designed cable, made in the US with a low capacitance design derived from our electrostatic headphone project. The cable is very flexible and non-microphone, and the conductors are silver plated, which we felt offerred an optimal tonal balance, deliverng silver resolution without the thin midrange silver can deliver.

We have been selling in the UK for 6 years. Mark at Electromod is our distributor and he will be bringing A2's soon. He's a great guy and a great partner, and also disributes Schiit. He's been at London CanJam showing every year...

Not true. Actually always has been and always will be. :)

Our old site had a store locator with all the UK railer and distributor information, that will be up on the new site within a week.

We ship worldwide, we encourage people to support local distributors as their price = ours plus taxes and you get local support. However as yet we have no Mideast distributors so we ar happy to ship direct.

The Red is adequate for lo to medium listening w A2. If you are a jazz and classical listener hat may be fine, but loud and bass heavy won't work with the Red.
I did a google uk search for Aeon 2 and they are not available in the uk. If they don’t pop up in google search it indicates lack of interest in selling it here.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #139 of 2,052
Aeon 2....the red pill version!!!

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #140 of 2,052
Personally I would like to read well written reviews talking about both positive and negative aspects of a product. No headphone is perfect and good reviewers, even of the very best headphones like HD800S, talk about the bad aspects as well. No headphone sounds good with every single piece of music.

Overly positive reviews are not constructive. Recent reviews of the Aeon 2 are very "fanboy-ish" . Please talk about the sound signature of the headphone, what sounds good and bad, comparisions to other products, what kind of listeners should buy and not buy?

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #145 of 2,052
Well, I used ifi audio micro idsd bl with AFC in the past. Good pair. Was that 100% performance of AFC? I doubt.

why would you doubt? That thing puts out 4 watts of power at 16 ohms! That’s way more than enough for a Mr. Speakers headphone. In fact, that’s overkill. You’re not powering the Susvara.

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #147 of 2,052
Something worth to mention: Digital audio players and portable gear like Mojo often can't drive planars sufficently. Aeon 2C has very low sensitivity and impedance and portabe gears can't supply enough current.

It is not about getting loud enough. Even a smartphone may be able to provide enough decibels of loudless but the sound quality wouldn't be good. I tested Aeon 2C with Astell Kernn SP2000 DAP ($3500 !), the device was getting very hot and the battery was being drained super fast but still unable to supply enough power as the bass slam was lacking (the biggest indicator of lack of power). Most of the entry level destkop gears can't drive it as well, Chord Hugo 2 was finally able to drive it.
Such a hard to drive headphone is contradiction with the foldable portable design.

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #148 of 2,052
I've been very vocal with my issues with the AFO I had. Soundstage seems to have been fixed, but what about the comfort? I don't even have big ears and it was near impossible finding a position where my ears wouldn't touch the inside of the pads? But perhaps the biggest gripe was the excessive heat/warmth that built up inside the cups after just 20-30mins of listening. And this was with the AFO! It was horrible and couldn't enjoy anything with them. Do you make perforated leather pads now? I see some little holes in the AFC2? They seem strange; what are those about?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #149 of 2,052
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 3, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #150 of 2,052
@mrspeakers Quick suggestion from an owner who travels with your headphones (ECX currently). Can you guys start adding straps or, at a minimum, a loop for carabiner (or cord/strap) to your cases? That way, even if the case is too big to put in a backpack, you can easily clip it on. I think this is particularly relevant for the Aeon 2 since you are positioning it as portable, but it would be nice to have on all of your cases. I had to get a third party case for my ECX for just this reason.

Look forward to hearing the Aeon 2 at Axpona in spring. Keep up the great work and congrats on the new branding :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back