1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. Satir
    Indeed. Dan stands behind his products.

bcowen likes this.
  2. Soundizer
    I did a google uk search for Aeon 2 and they are not available in the uk. If they don’t pop up in google search it indicates lack of interest in selling it here.

3. Baten
    Bro you realise this headphone just released right? Right..???

bcowen likes this.
  4. RONJA MESCO
    Aeon 2....the red pill version!!!

trellus likes this.
  5. flarex3
    Personally I would like to read well written reviews talking about both positive and negative aspects of a product. No headphone is perfect and good reviewers, even of the very best headphones like HD800S, talk about the bad aspects as well. No headphone sounds good with every single piece of music.

Overly positive reviews are not constructive. Recent reviews of the Aeon 2 are very "fanboy-ish" . Please talk about the sound signature of the headphone, what sounds good and bad, comparisions to other products, what kind of listeners should buy and not buy?

lator, nvmadamada, bezae and 9 others like this.
  6. Soundizer
    I thought it was available already. Is it available yet?

7. Baten
    It became available just some days ago, in the US.

8. Soundizer
    What is the price excluding tax is USA?

9. Soundizer
    I would like to see a comparison to the new Audeze LCD-1. It is £399 and available to order on Amazon.co.uk for UK customers.

MrPanda, Maelob and Jodet like this.
  10. Hifiearspeakers
    why would you doubt? That thing puts out 4 watts of power at 16 ohms! That’s way more than enough for a Mr. Speakers headphone. In fact, that’s overkill. You’re not powering the Susvara.

buonassi likes this.
  11. Mkoll
    @TSAVAlan @TSAVJason

Will TSAV be getting a pair of these for demo in your showroom? I do hope so!

12. flarex3
    Something worth to mention: Digital audio players and portable gear like Mojo often can't drive planars sufficently. Aeon 2C has very low sensitivity and impedance and portabe gears can't supply enough current.

It is not about getting loud enough. Even a smartphone may be able to provide enough decibels of loudless but the sound quality wouldn't be good. I tested Aeon 2C with Astell Kernn SP2000 DAP ($3500 !), the device was getting very hot and the battery was being drained super fast but still unable to supply enough power as the bass slam was lacking (the biggest indicator of lack of power). Most of the entry level destkop gears can't drive it as well, Chord Hugo 2 was finally able to drive it.
    Such a hard to drive headphone is contradiction with the foldable portable design.

qsk78 and Daniel Lodewyk like this.
  13. iFlip92
    I've been very vocal with my issues with the AFO I had. Soundstage seems to have been fixed, but what about the comfort? I don't even have big ears and it was near impossible finding a position where my ears wouldn't touch the inside of the pads? But perhaps the biggest gripe was the excessive heat/warmth that built up inside the cups after just 20-30mins of listening. And this was with the AFO! It was horrible and couldn't enjoy anything with them. Do you make perforated leather pads now? I see some little holes in the AFC2? They seem strange; what are those about?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  14. TSAVJason
    we already ordered them and should have plenty soon.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
    miceblue and Mkoll like this.
  15. gtb75
    @mrspeakers Quick suggestion from an owner who travels with your headphones (ECX currently). Can you guys start adding straps or, at a minimum, a loop for carabiner (or cord/strap) to your cases? That way, even if the case is too big to put in a backpack, you can easily clip it on. I think this is particularly relevant for the Aeon 2 since you are positioning it as portable, but it would be nice to have on all of your cases. I had to get a third party case for my ECX for just this reason.

Look forward to hearing the Aeon 2 at Axpona in spring. Keep up the great work and congrats on the new branding :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    roskodan and Empyah like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last