The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 2, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #108 of 2,052
Congrats and all the best for the new brand Dan!

Not sure if this has been asked, but how does the aeon 2 sound relative to an alpha prime?

I ask because the alpha primes is the closest headphone to the one I own, and am interested in a comparison.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #110 of 2,052
Wondering if there are any real portable headphones in Dan's plans.
Aeons are great but to perform well they need a good desktop amplifier, Aeon headphones uderperform with portable devices, DAPs.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #112 of 2,052
yes but on paper the E1DA 9038S is the perfect pairing of portable high powered clean power that’s also just TINY
Well, I used ifi audio micro idsd bl with AFC in the past. Good pair. Was that 100% performance of AFC? I doubt.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #113 of 2,052
Oh Really?
Let me tell you a secret outside of the folks who come to this site.
The Average person don't know the top brands of headphones. Seriously don't know.
They do know the "Beats" ughhh. Boutique is the word for what we find interesting.
I tell people how much my headphones cost and they look at me Crazy. Yet they will shell out for a pair of "Airpods" that's it!
I do believe the top brands like the "Boutique" thing.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #114 of 2,052
With all the remarks about needing power, and Dan's veiled warning about using them with my DragonFly Red, I think I should try them out first, before buying.

Thanks for your replies folks.

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #115 of 2,052
I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide any info on the size of the earpads for the new Aeons, specifically on pad depth.

I tried looking for similar information on the original Aeon pads (as they look to be the same) but couldn't find anything for those earlier.

Any help would be much appreciated as im seriously thinking of picking up a pair.

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #116 of 2,052
With all the remarks about needing power, and Dan's veiled warning about using them with my DragonFly Red, I think I should try them out first, before buying.
Curiously, John Darko claims that the Dragonfly Black is not powerful enough, but the Dragonfly Red is, and the iBasso DC02 just barely (at 5m 58s):

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #117 of 2,052

Thanks for your replies folks.

I can't help you with the DragonFly and obvious haven't heard the new Aeons yet. But I run my Aeon Open straight from my daps and they drive them very well. Yes both Aeons needs power but they don't necessarily needs a big desktop system to sound good.

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #118 of 2,052
Very interesting! I, for one, love the color scheme. Red and black just so happen to be my favorite colors and I’m planning a red and black setup in the medium-run so these would fit right in. I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.

How close are they to the Harman Target Curve?

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #119 of 2,052
Interesting. I do value Darko's opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back