"The Lab"
Jun 18, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #20,071 of 20,136
Just pinged Vince on FB messenger, I hope I can convince him to stop by and say hello :) Would be great to bring this thread back to life :D

Jun 19, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #20,072 of 20,136
I remember Wokei had an operation a few years back, and after that he kinda started getting less and less into Head-Fi. As with a lot of us, life just catches up to you and you realise whats more important when time management becomes a priority. I do hope he's well.

I've been real lazy on the audiophile front ever since I first left Head-Fi. The wife and I went to Japan a 3 years ago and I bought a pair of Philips Fidelio M1 and a cheap BT receiver at e-Earphones in Akihabara so that I had something for the long trips on the trains. I don't know why, but carrying IEMs in Japan just felt like a chore. After that I purchase a pair of Philips SHP9500 because my beloved Takstar Pro 80 was destroyed. But since then, I've not spent a dime on this hobby. I've also given a lot of my gear away to friends and colleagues, since they were just picking up dust.

I love how @Baycode describes this thread as childhood memories, that's exactly how it feels to me.

I've still got the original Havi B3P1, though I don't use them, they hold a special place in my heart.

Jun 19, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #20,073 of 20,136
Yes, Vince and Eric (Wokei), get your Asses back here and lets rev this thread up again!

ebwGDBh.gif
:ksc75smile:

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #20,075 of 20,136
I miss this face

1624085416770.png
Indeed DJ! I was in touch with Eric a few months back and most of his spare time is now taken up looking after his mother who has had a stroke.

I have let him know that his name has been mentioned here and hopefully Eric will stop by when he has the time and is in the mood.

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #20,076 of 20,136
Jun 20, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #20,077 of 20,136
I remember Wokei had an operation a few years back, and after that he kinda started getting less and less into Head-Fi. As with a lot of us, life just catches up to you and you realise whats more important when time management becomes a priority. I do hope he's well.

I've been real lazy on the audiophile front ever since I first left Head-Fi. The wife and I went to Japan a 3 years ago and I bought a pair of Philips Fidelio M1 and a cheap BT receiver at e-Earphones in Akihabara so that I had something for the long trips on the trains. I don't know why, but carrying IEMs in Japan just felt like a chore. After that I purchase a pair of Philips SHP9500 because my beloved Takstar Pro 80 was destroyed. But since then, I've not spent a dime on this hobby. I've also given a lot of my gear away to friends and colleagues, since they were just picking up dust.

I love how @Baycode describes this thread as childhood memories, that's exactly how it feels to me.

I've still got the original Havi B3P1, though I don't use them, they hold a special place in my heart.
I can't believe you said that carrying IEMs are a chore on planet IEM (Japan)! Aren't the little buggers just like purpose built for the place with all its public transport (that and Hong Kong)? 🤔

Unless carrying around one of those 7 storey tall all wired up bomb stacks is your idea of driving an IEM 🤣

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 20, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #20,078 of 20,136
I can't believe you said that carrying IEMs are a chore on planet IEM (Japan)! Aren't the little buggers just like purpose built for the place with all its public transport (that and Hong Kong)? 🤔

Unless carrying around one of those 7 storey tall all wired up bomb stacks is your idea of driving an IEM 🤣

I know! Sounds like an oxymoron, but I just didn't like that I had to take em out and set them over the ears over and over again. With headphones, they just sit on your neck the whole time. Was just way more efficient.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #20,079 of 20,136
I know! Sounds like an oxymoron, but I just didn't like that I had to take em out and set them over the ears over and over again. With headphones, they just sit on your neck the whole time. Was just way more efficient.
Um, around ear wear man. You pull them out and they're literally hovering over your ears ready for the next wear.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #20,082 of 20,136
I miss this face

1624085416770.png
Wazzup Lab-sters :beerchug:

I've Watts App'd him, he's been very busy taking care of his Mum of late and I know he did a review a few months back but once again his priorities have been on family mostly.

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #20,084 of 20,136
Hey, @Podster !
What's that RS Tomahawk thingy in your sig? I tried googling it… all I found was… wait for it… actual tomahawks.
granted I've had some components that would be improved after being on the end of a tomahawk
Possible: Ray Samuels Tomahawk. Wonderful, very compact IEM amplifier with a great build quality. I've been an owner for many years.

Jun 21, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #20,085 of 20,136
Hey, @Podster !
What's that RS Tomahawk thingy in your sig? I tried googling it… all I found was… wait for it… actual tomahawks.
granted I've had some components that would be improved after being on the end of a tomahawk

Indeed the Colorful Peacock is correct :thumbsup: I love the Shanling House sounds (Obviously since the boy has 4 Shanling's, had 5 but gave my BFF my M5), then I found the Tomahawk to not color my M2 and it was on like Donkey Kong:grin:

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG

Titans.JPG

Probably not my best DAP and probably not my best AMP but for sure 110% my best combo:wink:

Oh H1 ShanHawk.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back