"The Lab"
Jun 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #8,896 of 20,136
Doesn't sound like you need any convincing @Mr Trev
wink_face.gif

No, my low impulse control issues have taken over on this one. Not in any reason to hurry on the other hand, I can happily wait and see what sales pop up over the rest of the year.
*added bonus, get to see how fw development chuggs along 

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #8,897 of 20,136
  I have read it already WOW that's a highly detailed long review nice work, I can't imagine all the time you put into it. I barely have enough time to make dinner for the kids when I get home from work.

Thanks Adam.  Not too bad when you can take a couple of weeks to write it.  I need to set up RMAA and learn to use it at some stage - then I can start getiing a little more objective 
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #8,899 of 20,136
I am starting to get my real first impressions Custom Arts Ei3, I was afraid they were going to be overly bass heavy bit that's far from the case. The bass is so smooth and  the MIDS are so clear and detailed. Hopefully I will have a review posted in a week or so. The bass with hip-hop is like I never heard from BA's before,

Sweet! I'm on the U.S. Tour list for these. Should get them relatively soon. Given Piotr's track record, I wouldn't expect anything overly bassy.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #8,900 of 20,136
Sweet! I'm on the U.S. Tour list for these. Should get them relatively soon. Given Piotr's track record, I wouldn't expect anything overly bassy.

I was expecting them to be to bass heavy since they were first advertised with a Big and Bold sound and tuned towards electronica music and would please bass lovers. The quality of bass  with these is something you only find in a dynamic driver usually. I am not a bass head but do like a little ump when listening to 1990's hip-hop and freestyle. You will not be disappointed, getting a perfect seal with these is crucial especially with customs.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #8,901 of 20,136
I was expecting them to be to bass heavy since they were first advertised with a Big and Bold sound and tuned towards electronica music and would please bass lovers. The quality of bass  with these is something you only find in a dynamic driver usually. I am not a bass head but do like a little ump when listening to 1990's hip-hop and freestyle. You will not be disappointed, getting a perfect seal with these is crucial especially with customs.

The tour units are universal versions tuned to use with Sony Hybrids, I believe. I should get a nice deal with those!

Even though they're advertised as being for EDM & Hip-Hop, it's Piotr's tuning for those genres so I'm guessing it's nice tight bass without too much mid-bass emphasis but good extension.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #8,902 of 20,136
The tour units are universal versions tuned to use with Sony Hybrids, I believe. I should get a nice deal with those!

Even though they're advertised as being for EDM & Hip-Hop, it's Piotr's tuning for those genres so I'm guessing it's nice tight bass without too much mid-bass emphasis but good extension.

Got myself on the tail end of the tour, too. Interested in comparing them against the Noble 6.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #8,903 of 20,136
Been working on my ESS RLM-713 (closed, on-ear, ebony cups) review this evening and much of yesterday. Listening's done, and now it's time to pull things together.

Tonight's lab shot:

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #8,905 of 20,136
Just sharing some thoughts with you guys.

I just can't decide between a portable  DAC/AMP like E18, D0 MKII, Oppo HA-2 and a DAP since my budget is limited and i would like something to substitute my fiio E10 at home and accompany me on the go since it's where i most do my listening. But the problem is that with a DAP, i may just miss a call or would just be a pain to take out my headphones to answer my phone. so here are some thoughts: wouldn't be nice if the newer DAPs have some kind of Bluetooth connection to cellphones just to answer calls? Or listening to that netflix movie on a full size headphone on bed? What do you guys think?

Cheers! 

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #8,907 of 20,136
Jun 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #8,908 of 20,136

Great sounding on first listen. Ordered from LMUE on Sunday and received today in the afternoon (Tuesday). That was quick. Sounds like a Titan A1 that has everything sounding more up front

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #8,910 of 20,136

I was in Italy for a week and it was the best pizza I ever had, I made my own pizza a couple of times the one problem I had the cheese was real watery after I cooked it. I didn't use cheap cheese either I wonder if I used low moisture cheese if that would help. Italian food in Italy is nothing like the American Italian food.

I was there for business for work, It really is true they love there expresso every hour they we took a coffee break. And they drink alcohol with every meal

First post in the Lab and I choose to take part in a food related topic :p. Having a background in french pastry...I like food.

First thing is how hot was your oven? The best pizza is always cooked quickly in the oven at high high heat. Home ovens only go up to around 500 degrees. Some brick oven go super high like 800+

If you don't want soggy pizzas, you need to use a pizza stone (preheated in the oven for 1 hour+ at the highest possible heat - ~500 at home). The cheese should definitely dry out and not be watery at these temps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back