"The Lab"
Jun 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #8,866 of 20,136
Hisoundfi just did a review last week. He has the link in the review. If you can't locate it I ordered from miccastore.think it was around $60.00. Well worth that price.

I think maybe Tamal was looking for a link to the Lunashops wide bore tips. I looked on the Lunashops site and there are tons of different tips available. If Vince can post a link to the correct tips there, that would be helpful.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #8,869 of 20,136
LOL, guys I just report on what I think is good. Sometimes it's best to see the others chime in on stuff. One thing I know is that Head-Fi has a lot of critics, and people will disagree with my impressions.

All I'm trying to do is share with you what I would recommend if you are in the market for something.

I guarantee someone is going to disagree with me on my recent finds. That goes for the e80, a73, ed9, and ATE as well as any future stuffs.

I actually look forward to people saying they don't like a product I do. It opens up for really good conversation as long as it's a "agree to disagree" kind of thing.

Well I am planning to get all 4 of those thanks to ur reviews, so they better not suck, or else.. :p  Nah just messing with you. Haven't been really excited about a lot of iems since the Havi B6 went off radar so this is exciting :)

Great finds Vince

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #8,870 of 20,136
Exactly, found a wide variety of tips  but I am not sure which one Vince was referring to
Here you go

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2334

They run a little big. I wear a Sony hybrid in large, but with these I use a medium. YMMV, and they sometimes take forever to arrive. They are really slow shippers

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #8,871 of 20,136
Here you go

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2334

They run a little big. I wear a Sony hybrid in large, but with these I use a medium. YMMV, and they sometimes take forever to arrive. They are really slow shippers

Thanks for the link :)  They are very reminiscent of the stock Havi buds in design. Are the linked tips wider than the stock havi tips?

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #8,872 of 20,136
Thanks for the link :)  They are very reminiscent of the stock Havi buds in design. Are the linked tips wider than the stock havi tips?
They are wider and longer than Havi tips. I couldn't get a seal with Havi tips, with these they fit perfectly in my ear canal. YMMV

Also I picked up the spiral dots in large. I hope they fit, that's a lot of money to spend and find out I need a medium

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #8,873 of 20,136

Yeah Vince sold me on the A73 also lol

LOL, guys I just report on what I think is good. Sometimes it's best to see the others chime in on stuff. One thing I know is that Head-Fi has a lot of critics, and people will disagree with my impressions.

All I'm trying to do is share with you what I would recommend if you are in the market for something.

I guarantee someone is going to disagree with me on my recent finds. That goes for the e80, a73, ed9, and ATE as well as any future stuffs.

I actually look forward to people saying they don't like a product I do. It opens up for really good conversation as long as it's a "agree to disagree" kind of thing.

I don't like the product you do.  Are you happy now?
tongue.gif

Sorry, don't have anything to back my statement up with since I'm usually aligned 100% on everything you review, but since you insisted on it - just had to write it
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #8,875 of 20,136

I don't like the product you do.  Are you happy now?
tongue.gif

Sorry, don't have anything to back my statement up with since I'm usually aligned 100% on everything you review, but since you insisted on it - just had to write it
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I love you too Alex

Lmao

Nice try man, but you are still not getting my Budweiser!
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #8,877 of 20,136
@x RELIC x: IMHO it depends on what kind of expectations you set for your kids. I set high expectations for mine and have seen them flourish in quite challenging environments.

@acain & @Mr Trev: I remember reading an article where most Google Car accidents were the fault of the other car (ie, human error).

I see technology as an aid to free our mind from more mundane tasks, allowing us the freedom to concentrate on things that really interest us. What we do with that freedom is up to us, and we need to own up to the choices we make as individuals. If we allow tech to enable laziness, shame on us!

I do like the idea of self driving vehicles. Head out for beer with the guys. Drink too much to drive home. Don't want to abandon car in parking lot where some meth-freak will kick out the window just to steal the $2.35 I left in the console. Hop into auto-car, let it safely drive me home.

The biggest problem, as has been pointed out, will be other people on the road. If everybody was in self driving vehicles, the concept would work much better. I seen a show on Discovery Channel about Mercedes doing tests on self driving transports. They have their own lanes and very little to no chance of living people messing things up. Apparently its working quite well. Even the mining industry is becoming more automated. Just recently Suncor announced that a deal with Komatsu to automate their mines be the end of the decade (tests have already proven a 15% increase in efficiency and similar reduction in maintenance and fuel)

To bring all this back to the world of audio, if we don't have to concentrate on driving, maybe we all will finally get good sounding car stereos.

Back to your regular scheduled program…

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #8,878 of 20,136

Nice try man, but you are still not getting my Budweiser!
biggrin.gif

You're showing your age with that one chief...

And besides, it's bud light!

Don't remind me, I'm 40 year old fart, I know it...  Oh, and you are right, it's Bud Light from 1995 commercials!

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,879 of 20,136
Regarding smartwatches, in my personal opinion it's an overkill with a talking Dick Tracy watches or when people trying to type or browse using some android based smartwatches (I reviewed one of those as well in the past).  In my opinion, smartwatch is a companion/extension to your smartphone.  Sort of like a remote display which is efficient for notifications without you taking a phone out of your pocket.  If you still carry a small screen phone, it's not a big deal, but today smartphones are rather big.  I went through two years of carrying my Note 2 phablet and upgrading it to Note 4 phablet.  A basic notification smarwatch, such as WeLoop Tommy I'm using right now, gives me notification of any incoming call and caller id, it gives me notification of emails and txt messages (it can't scroll to read the whole thing due to a limited buffer memory, but I can read short messages and see where email is from), it gives me calendar notifications and reminders, I can control my phone camera remotely to take pictures/video, it can control playback of music on my phone, it's completely  water proof down to a deep submerging, and I charge battery only once a month (it's the only smartwatch with a battery that lasts 25-30 days, as long as Fitness/step counting feature disabled, otherwise it's 20-25 days).  My phone is always on-mute, and I still never miss a call.  I don't need to take my phone out of the pocket or reach for it at work when I get an email before I determine if I want/need to reply to it.  It's a killer feature outside, especially in a winter when you have to fumble looking for your phone under layers of cloth, while all I have to do is look at the screen.  And btw, my display is always on so I can glance and look a the time (plus use different custom watch faces).

WeLoop is a very basic feature packed version, while Pebble has the whole ecosystem behind it with a huge support of developers and a ton of very useful apps.  With Pebble Time, they are going to implement a color screen which is always on, a mic so you can answer or dictate a reply, etc. and lots of other goodies.  Just my personal opinion because I know of a number of people who love their Moto360 or Sammy Gear, and others will jump on apple iWatch hype-wagon, but once you try a basic notification functionality of a smartwatch, you won't be able to go back.  It's not just an addictive gimmick, but actually a very useful extension to your smartphone, not to mention that it protects your smartphone outdoors from taking it out of your pocket with a risk of dropping and cracking a screen.  Oh, and that is another one - always use tempered glass screen protectors, those things are $5-$6 on ebay and will save your screen if you have direct impact.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #8,880 of 20,136
Sorry should have specified, I meant the specific luna shop tips. His review sold me on the E80 and I plan on getting them along with the A73 :)

Let me know if you find the E80's at a.decent price from a seller that ships internationally :)

Iirc they're a bit stiffer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back