"The Lab"
Jun 15, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #8,882 of 20,136
Let me know if you find the E80's at a.decent price from a seller that ships internationally
smily_headphones1.gif

Iirc they're a bit stiffer as well.

Also looking for a $55~60 deal shipped internationally :frowning2: 

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #8,884 of 20,136
Holy crap, The Lab is almost at 600 pages!

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #8,888 of 20,136
Just in case anyone was wondering where my review was, Lieven just published it on Headfonia.  His will be up (contrasting mine) tomorrow.

http://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-x5-second-generation-part-1/

I'll repost mine (with usual photos) next week on Head-Fi

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #8,889 of 20,136
That's a combo I didn't test, but I could test it against my DX90 and X5 to get a rough approximation and get back to you, though.

YOU FOOL!!!
wink.gif

I was just wonder how they'd stack up. Doesn't matter too much, since I'll probably be getting one later this year regardless (although, I may just go with another X3 since the sq doesn't seem to be a huge jump and I'm not sure having an extra sd slot will justify the price difference)

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #8,890 of 20,136
  Just in case anyone was wondering where my review was, Lieven just published it on Headfonia.  His will be up (contrasting mine) tomorrow.

LOL, I was going to post it here right now 
rolleyes.gif

Great and gigantic review 
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #8,891 of 20,136
YOU FOOL!!!:wink:

I was just wonder how they'd stack up. Doesn't matter too much, since I'll probably be getting one later this year regardless (although, I may just go with another X3 since the sq doesn't seem to be a huge jump and I'm not sure having an extra sd slot will justify the price difference)

Something like X3 Classic + E12A makes sense if you do t mind a stack. You get the warmth, smooth styling a of the X3 Classic + the more spacious, detailed sound of the E12A. If you want an all in one solution, the X3ii is nice :wink_face:

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #8,892 of 20,136
Something like X3 Classic + E12A makes sense if you do t mind a stack. You get the warmth, smooth styling a of the X3 Classic + the more spacious, detailed sound of the E12A. If you want an all in one solution, the X3ii is nice
wink_face.gif

I have no complaint bout the sq of mine. Plus, the stack isn't completely unwieldy when your blessed with huuuge pockets
wink_face.gif
 The stacking kit Fiio makes is a stroke of genius, just need a less snaggy cable.
But there are other reasons I'm looking at the new machines. The level of refinement is a huge leap forward. Overall, I'd probably prefer the wheel even though I've been programmed to use the buttons by now. And there are other features - quick on, otg that interest me (not to mention the simple fact, new toys are cool)

oh, and the x5 type theme mods are damn impressive (can't imagine that it'll be too hard to port em over)

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #8,893 of 20,136
I have no complaint bout the sq of mine. Plus, the stack isn't completely unwieldy when your blessed with huuuge pockets:wink_face:  The stacking kit Fiio makes is a stroke of genius, just need a less snaggy cable.
But there are other reasons I'm looking at the new machines. The level of refinement is a huge leap forward. Overall, I'd probably prefer the wheel even though I've been programmed to use the buttons by now. And there are other features - quick on, otg that interest me (not to mention the simple fact, new toys are cool)

oh, and the x5 type theme mods are damn impressive (can't imagine that it'll be too hard to port em over)

Doesn't sound like you need any convincing Mr Trev :wink_face:

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #8,894 of 20,136

I have read it already WOW that's a highly detailed long review nice work, I can't imagine all the time you put into it. I barely have enough time to make dinner for the kids when I get home from work.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #8,895 of 20,136
I am starting to get my real first impressions Custom Arts Ei3, I was afraid they were going to be overly bass heavy bit that's far from the case. The bass is so smooth and  the MIDS are so clear and detailed. Hopefully I will have a review posted in a week or so. The bass with hip-hop is like I never heard from BA's before,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back