"The Lab"
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #13,261 of 20,136
If you're looking for a great sounding Bluetooth reciever with 3,5 mm output I'd suggest to take a look at the Elecom PAR500.

You will still have to carry around that cable with it though
wink.gif

How much cable are you talking about bro!
blink.gif

Enough to wrap around my neck???
eek.gif
confused.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #13,262 of 20,136
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #13,265 of 20,136
   Jeez. What's with the bud revival? Retro-hipsterism gone amok
wink.gif

Pehaps they were better than we thought?

I still have some buds that came free with my ancient Creative Zen stone plus and they were better than a lot of the cheaper IEM sh!!! I got a year ago.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #13,266 of 20,136
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #13,267 of 20,136

Just posted a review of Voxoa / BTunes VXB wireless BT4.0 w/apt-X adapter: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784505/review-of-voxoa-btunes-vxb-bluetooth-4-0-apt-x-adapter-don-t-just-cut-your-headphones-wire-get-rid-of-it

This little thing is sick!!! Turning your full size with removable wire (3.5mm or 2.5mm) -> wireless.

Speak of the devil, I was just thinking of getting something like this for my headphones. Is there a female port version of this by any chance? I wonder how it would compare to the Noble audio BT receiver? Fantastic review by the way. Wish the dongle (giggity :p) was a little smaller so as to look more inconspicuous but am surprised at how well the BT sound quality fared with the wired version. 

Btw looking forward to your M100 review! Do you have any other full size can reviews in the pipeline?

Talking about price difference.  Amazon has these VXBs for $99, while original BTunes website (I have a link in my review) has it for $79.  Gets even better, after I posted my review, Danny (of WorthyAudio) replied with a link they are running promo, selling these for $59 (http://www.worthyaudio.com/voxoa/btunes)

Regarding Noble BTS, I should have it in a week (along with Savant review sample), so will let you know.  I have tested a number of wireless receivers/adapters in the past, they sounded like garbage, perhaps due to lack of the latest BT and not being able to support latest codecs (like apt-x).  If you can't remove the cable or if your cable has other than 3.5mm or 2.5mm connector (very disappointed DT 1770 Pro going to have mini-xlr connector), you need to have an adapter with 3.5mm female jack.  BTS will do the job, but I don't have firsthand experience with it yet.  But if you have a removable cable, this VXB is the cleanest solution to get rid of wires.

Regarding review queue, got a lot of promises, some going back as far as 6-7 months, so at this point I can only talk about what I have in hand which is Luxury&Precision L5 Pro DAP (should have review toward the end of the week), Lotoo PAW 5000 (review sometime next week), and DUNU Titan 3 and Titan 5 (also sometime toward the end of next week).

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #13,268 of 20,136
If you're looking for a great sounding Bluetooth reciever with 3,5 mm output I'd suggest to take a look at the Elecom PAR500.

You will still habe to carry around that cable with it though :wink:
If you want the ULTIMATE Bluetooth receiver get the Shanling H3.

Game over

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #13,269 of 20,136
  Pehaps they were better than we thought?

I still have some buds that came free with my ancient Creative Zen stone plus and they were better than a lot of the cheaper IEM sh!!! I got a year ago.

God I hope so. I used to have a decent pair of Sony buds, and about all I can remember about them is that they'd ring your ears pretty good. Of course back then, there wasn't much choice. Either you'd get a pair of good buds or just use the airline quality headphones that came bundled.
Also beginning to think people from my generation just aren't very smart. Saw a segment on the news the other day about the increased sale of cassette tapes
blink.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #13,270 of 20,136

Talking about price difference.  Amazon has these VXBs for $99, while original BTunes website (I have a link in my review) has it for $79.  Gets even better, after I posted my review, Danny (of WorthyAudio) replied with a link they are running promo, selling these for $59 (http://www.worthyaudio.com/voxoa/btunes)

Regarding Noble BTS, I should have it in a week (along with Savant review sample), so will let you know.  I have tested a number of wireless receivers/adapters in the past, they sounded like garbage, perhaps due to lack of the latest BT and not being able to support latest codecs (like apt-x).  If you can't remove the cable or if your cable has other than 3.5mm or 2.5mm connector (very disappointed DT 1770 Pro going to have mini-xlr connector), you need to have an adapter with 3.5mm female jack.  BTS will do the job, but I don't have firsthand experience with it yet.  But if you have a removable cable, this VXB is the cleanest solution to get rid of wires.

Regarding review queue, got a lot of promises, some going back as far as 6-7 months, so at this point I can only talk about what I have in hand which is Luxury&Precision L5 Pro DAP (should have review toward the end of the week), Lotoo PAW 5000 (review sometime next week), and DUNU Titan 3 and Titan 5 (also sometime toward the end of next week).

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah some of my gear don't have removable cables so this might not work for those, but the sound quality intrigues me :)  The DT1770 will be using the mini XLR? What gives? :/

I have a feeling the BTS might play nice with more of my gear. How is the Looto coming along? Nice review up there, shame there aren't more full backs :p

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #13,271 of 20,136

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah some of my gear don't have removable cables so this might not work for those, but the sound quality intrigues me :)  The DT1770 will be using the mini XLR? What gives? :/

I have a feeling the BTS might play nice with more of my gear. How is the Looto coming along? Nice review up there, shame there aren't more full backs :p

Btw, heard DT 1770 Pro is like a cross between DT 770 and T1.

I heard a few comments that BTS adapter rolls off the bass, but I suspect it's with low impedance sensitive CIEMs/IEMs.

PAW 5000 is a cool audio gadget (even has Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.5mm balanced output), Interface is SICK, scaled down version of PAW Gold, even has Parametric EQ.  Size is small, footprint of X1 or X3ii, and it even comes with a mounting plate and armband.  But unfortunately, sound quality is on a level of X3ii.  Sound quality has been sacrificed a bit, my main complaint is that sound is not as dynamic with a poor layering/separation.  It sounds good just not on a level of better mid-fi daps I'm more used to.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #13,272 of 20,136

I did not really have anything worthy of this baby right now but for $59.99 I had to pick one up! So the Lab is moving right along, gonna make a 900 party this weekend?

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #13,273 of 20,136

You will still habe to carry around that cable with it though
wink.gif

Thank Peter, where is the best place to potentially pick one up? eBay? Its a japanese brand right? I dont mind carrying around the cable as Its mostly for the convenience sake I want to try bluetooth, I will still be indoors when I am using it.

Btw, heard DT 1770 Pro is like a cross between DT 770 and T1.

I heard a few comments that BTS adapter rolls off the bass, but I suspect it's with low impedance sensitive CIEMs/IEMs.

PAW 5000 is a cool audio gadget (even has Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.5mm balanced output), Interface is SICK, scaled down version of PAW Gold, even has Parametric EQ.  Size is small, footprint of X1 or X3ii, and it even comes with a mounting plate and armband.  But unfortunately, sound quality is on a level of X3ii.  Sound quality has been sacrificed a bit, my main complaint is that sound is not as dynamic with a poor layering/separation.  It sounds good just not on a level of better mid-fi daps I'm more used to.

In my search for a high end closed back, the DT 1770 is up there with the Omni. But the mashup of 770 and T1 is quite dope actually!

Well, the bass rolloff thing sticks. Probably wont be as versatile as I wanted it to be.

Ah sucks to hear about the audio quality. I thought with the acclaim the Gold was getting the 5000 might be in the same vein. But still looking forward to the full review :)  Btw, you going to review the Gold anytime?

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #13,274 of 20,136
Thank Peter, where is the best place to potentially pick one up? eBay? Its a japanese brand right? I dont mind carrying around the cable as Its mostly for the convenience sake I want to try bluetooth, I will still be indoors when I am using it.

Yeah, I bought mine from a Japanese eBay seller.

If you can wait until tomorrow I should br able to find the seller in my eBay archive.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #13,275 of 20,136
 Jeez. What's with the bud revival? Retro-hipsterism gone amok:wink:

I know what you mean bro. But when I tried the $5 VE Monk, they absolutely blew me away. Sounds like a full sized headphone and very natural and open. These VE buds are the real deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back