"The Lab"
Jul 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #10,576 of 20,136
How many lifetimes is it then when people order from Aliexpress?

Cheers friend

Man there's a neck-n-neck with MassDrop's
blink.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #10,577 of 20,136
Looks like @Hisoundfi has A73 at #1 and A200 at #9. Brooko pegged Delta as a A200-esque sound sig, so I'm curious what Vince thinks. If I had mine already (cough, cough), I'd chime in myself.

Now, I love, love, love my A200, and the thought that Brooko said he really likes A200 but loves the Deltas is making me so ripe with anticipation I could just burst
wink_face.gif

Don't burst bro, imagine all the painting you will have to do afterwards! 
eek.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #10,578 of 20,136

Look what I found stashed away, nmatheis, one of the early prototype Delta's.

Guess I better give them another whirl.... 
wink.gif

LOL, that's just wrong H2
wink_face.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #10,579 of 20,136

Same here, still my favorite pair of full size closed cans.  Surprises me when some people refer to them as too bright or sibilant.  After 200+ hrs of use, they are bright/detailed, but no way sibilant or harsh.

So Twist I'm still in the market for a sub $300 closed can and you and Adam have me interested but Longhorn Tech is scaring me! If these are bright and shiny how do they compare to my open back 702's?

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #10,580 of 20,136

So Twist I'm still in the market for a sub $300 closed can and you and Adam have me interested but Longhorn Tech is scaring me! If these are bright and shiny how do they compare to my open back 702's?

Don't let me scare you!!!

But let me put in my two cents: 

If you want clear, separate, and balanced sound - go for the MSR7's. 

If I did it again, I would buy the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (sorry, they're a little past your budget) - they aren't as clear, or detailed, or neutral for that matter, but they are definitely more comfortable and their sound is more relaxing.

It is just up to what you want to listen to: precise, clear, sharp sound or something more relaxing and a little less separated. 

About the ear fatigue: I'm not going to say it does not exist, because for me it does. But maybe for you it wont. I might have ears more sensitive to higher frequencies. I'm not the only one who thinks they can be fatiguing, especially at higher volumes. (Lachlanlikesathing *or whatever it is* from Youtube said the same thing) 

and also, if you don't listen to music with those frequencies ( I listen to a lot of acoustic, men with higher pitched voices, Indie, etc) so it is something I come across throughout entire songs. If that's not the case for you (maybe you listen to rap, or rock, etc) these won't be an issue. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #10,581 of 20,136

Same here, still my favorite pair of full size closed cans.  Surprises me when some people refer to them as too bright or sibilant.  After 200+ hrs of use, they are bright/detailed, but no way sibilant or harsh.

Should take source into consideration as well.  Why not order from Amazon and then decide if you want to keep it or return it?  Brightness tolerance could be just a matter of a personal taste.  I know that with a stock cable they are bright and detailed (they are classified as hi-res due to extended bandwidth), but not harsh or piercing or sibilant.  But when I use silver-plated cable - it crosses that threshold where I can't stand it.

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #10,582 of 20,136

Should take source into consideration as well.  Why not order from Amazon and then decide if you want to keep it or return it?  Brightness tolerance could be just a matter of a personal taste.  I know that with a stock cable they are bright and detailed (they are classified as hi-res due to extended bandwidth), but not harsh or piercing or sibilant.  But when I use silver-plated cable - it crosses that threshold where I can't stand it.

Well I like my 702's and some consider them bright and lacking bass but IMHO they are true to high's/mid's and low's. I like honest bass and nothing added or made up, one of the things I hate that recording engineers do today especially for kiddie music and car players
frown.gif
Really looking to get a really good sub $300 closed can for lonely Clay to wear since my 702's found a new home atop my red Lab 1 stand (you know the one some Labster built)
eek.gif
LOL

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #10,583 of 20,136
All very good points and very well made.

Yamaha MT-220 also are closed backed and also very comfortable.

Sometimes have been seen for $140US and £100 UK at Peter Tyson UK where I got mine from and I believe they ship (but I don't know the cost of it)

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #10,584 of 20,136
  All very good points and very well made.

Yamaha MT-220 also are closed backed and also very comfortable.

Sometimes have been seen for $140US and £100 UK at Peter Tyson UK where I got mine from and I believe they ship (but I don't know the cost of it)

THX Light, still considering Twist Amazon suggestion.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #10,586 of 20,136
Jul 23, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #10,587 of 20,136
From the impressions I've read so far I guess Soundmagic E80 sounds more like a RE-ZERO. Is it right, can some comfirm this?

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #10,588 of 20,136

Pod - if you like the AKG sound -> K553.  They'll come up again on Massdrop at some stage, and at USD 120.00 they are phenomenal value.  

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #10,590 of 20,136

Pod - if you like the AKG sound -> K553.  They'll come up again on Massdrop at some stage, and at USD 120.00 they are phenomenal value.  

Hey bud, are you back from your travels? How was it? :)

I'm going to sound like a noob here, but I gta say that Audio Technica sure as heck set the bar high with the m50. I find mine still to this day very relevant and as entertaining as any earphone I have.

They seem to get a lot of hate because they are recommended so much but they do a lot of things right at a really good price (if you're in the states that is). I have been seeing USA only deals for even less than 100 or 120 dollars. Thats a good deal and a half right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back