"The Lab"
Jul 23, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #10,561 of 20,136
+1 on the qc25

The noise canceling is phenomenal. So nice to be able to just turn on the NC and relax without being disturbed by the noise around you.

+2 on the qc25, I picked up a pair earlier this year before a longer flight. Can't beat them on the NC, great for travelling.

On another note my Delta's already shipped :wink:

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #10,562 of 20,136

+1 on the qc25

The noise canceling is phenomenal. So nice to be able to just turn on the NC and relax without being disturbed by the noise around you.

+2 on the qc25, I picked up a pair earlier this year before a longer flight. Can't beat them on the NC, great for travelling.

On another note my Delta's already shipped
wink.gif

Heard a lot of great things about QC25 from NC perspective, and others always add "and it sounds good too".  So how about a sound quality?

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #10,563 of 20,136
Heard a lot of great things about QC25 from NC perspective, and others always add "and it sounds good too".  So how about a sound quality?

I think I posted when I got them that they sounds better than I expected and I still stand by that. The do not however (in my opinion) sound like a $300 pair of headphones and I don't use them at home. That being said as a total package and as a frequent traveller I still find them worth their price if that makes sense....

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #10,564 of 20,136

I think I posted when I got them that they sounds better than I expected and I still stand by that. The do not however (in my opinion) sound like a $300 pair of headphones and I don't use them at home. That being said as a total package and as a frequent traveller I still find them worth their price if that makes sense....

Thank you Peter!  What a perfect timing, someone just posted a review of QC25, which I think aligns with your impression: http://www.head-fi.org/products/bose-quietcomfort-25-headphones/reviews/13607

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #10,565 of 20,136

Thank you Peter!  What a perfect timing, someone just posted a review of QC25, which I think aligns with your impression: http://www.head-fi.org/products/bose-quietcomfort-25-headphones/reviews/13607

I owned the QC25 for about six months. It was the only pair of over ear headphones I could get my girl to wear. The noise cancellation is top class as expected, and comfort is supreme (lightweight, great pads).

My biggest gripes were audio with noise cancelling turned off was abysmal. I was shocked that Bose would even allow this feature given how poor they sounded. And the build quality could have been better for the price (lots of thin plastic).

Anyway, mine crapped out after six months (right driver), didn't give them a second chance, went for ATH-MSR7 instead. Better overall audio, but perhaps not a better overall package. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #10,567 of 20,136
I have a pair of QC15s that I mainly use as a headset and for podcasts/audiobooks.  Sometimes I also wear them over my IEMs for extra isolation.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #10,568 of 20,136
  MSR7 great choice they are one of my favorites.

Same here, still my favorite pair of full size closed cans.  Surprises me when some people refer to them as too bright or sibilant.  After 200+ hrs of use, they are bright/detailed, but no way sibilant or harsh.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #10,570 of 20,136
If I had mine already (cough, cough), I'd chime in myself.

Look what I found stashed away, nmatheis, one of the early prototype Delta's.

Guess I better give them another whirl.... 
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #10,572 of 20,136
Copied and pasted from the Trinity thread...

I listened to the deltas till 5:00 AM, bouncing back and forth between these and my current favorite, the A73.

Conclusion? Damn, they both sound amazing!

I don't know if I can pick one over the other, they are both good at what they do.

So far I can say that they are very close in detail retrieval, with the delta maybe winning by a hair. Delta has phenomenally balanced and natural sound with what I would consider average bass extension and phenomenal treble extension (neutral filters). Treble is more resolving and natural sounding. Another bonus with the deltas is that you can trade the filters for more of a bass lift, extension and V-signature if that's what you're after. I'm torn between the two filters at the moment (bassy v-sig and more neutral). The delta is well built and the trinity cable is PHENOMENAL. Probably my favorite IEM cable to date. The accessories package of the delta is better than the a73 offering more goodies.

A73 has more bass presence and extension. The bass lingers and hangs out much more with the A73 (not what I would consider in a bad way at all), and I think this is the make or break factor when picking between the two, and comes down to individual preference.

I love the sound of the a73 midrange as much as chubby kids like the sound of the ice cream truck. I prefer it over the delta. There's a bit more texture and weight in the a73 that I like just a tiny bit more than the delta presentation. YMMV

I think the treble response is less extended and there's a tiny bit less of spike (but still very crisp and present). Because of this I prefer the a73 for long listening sessions. I prefer the over-ear fit of the a73 to the under ear fit of the delta. The mic/remote is a nice bonus as well.

Both are phenomenal guys. The delta has a combination of balance and clarity that is world class. The a73 has a midrange that has become as addictive as crack to me.

You can't go wrong with either. I honestly won't say the one is better than the other because one doesn't jump out in front of the other to my ears. They are phenomenal at what they do.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #10,573 of 20,136
Nope - Delta doesn't sound much like the Altone 200 - more similar to Titan's tonality except with more realism, smoothness, and natural tonality.

I'd honestly put the Delta (for my preferences) on the same level of overall SQ and build quality as my A83 and 2000J.  Different tonality to both - but I rate it just as highly.  I'll have an A73 to listen to in a couple of weeks.  Considering the praise it has been given - I'm expecting big things.

My bad. I was thinking of your Hyperion review...

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #10,574 of 20,136

Same here, still my favorite pair of full size closed cans.  Surprises me when some people refer to them as too bright or sibilant.  After 200+ hrs of use, they are bright/detailed, but no way sibilant or harsh.

I am not near 200+ hours, but they can be fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Not anything that is dangerous to listen too, but anything above the midway volume point and my ears start focusing in and out, trying to retreat from those highs. It's not exactly that they are sibilent, it is just that they are very "sharp," - clear, refined, not smooth at all and somewhat piercing. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #10,575 of 20,136
  I am not near 200+ hours, but they can be fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Not anything that is dangerous to listen too, but anything above the midway volume point and my ears start focusing in and out, trying to retreat from those highs. It's not exactly that they are sibilent, it is just that they are very "sharp," - clear, refined, not smooth at all and somewhat piercing. 

Thanks for the feedback Guys, I was also temped to buy them but went for the Yamaha HPH-MT-220 instead.

Now loving them after about 200 hours, I will not be looking any further, they are that good and versatile.

In fact they are sooooooo good, that it might end up as an expensive divorce!
angry_face.gif

Women, who needs them anyway. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back