"The Lab"
Jul 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #10,547 of 20,136
I would like to say that this is probably the best thread on head-fi, thanks for everything!

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #10,549 of 20,136
  I don't know about that. Royal Pain Post has my package on a sailboat it seems.
And that is after purchasing expedited (3-5 business day) shipping.

Should I be worried about this? USPS says they got notification that the originating post is getting my shipment ready. 4 days after "on its way" seems like a long time for expedited shipping. Stuck in customs, or is Tom Hanks wearing them on some remote island?

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #10,552 of 20,136
Jul 23, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #10,554 of 20,136
May I ask, how does the Deltas fare against the fidue a73?

Looks like Hisoundfi has A73 at #1 and A200 at #9. Brooko pegged Delta as a A200-esque sound sig, so I'm curious what Vince thinks. If I had mine already (cough, cough), I'd chime in myself.

Now, I love, love, love my A200, and the thought that Brooko said he really likes A200 but loves the Deltas is making me so ripe with anticipation I could just burst :wink_face:

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #10,555 of 20,136
Looks like @Hisoundfi has A73 at #1 and A200 at #9. Brooko pegged Delta as a A200-esque sound sig, so I'm curious what Vince thinks. If I had mine already (cough, cough), I'd chime in myself.

Now, I love, love, love my A200, and the thought that Brooko said he really likes A200 but loves the Deltas is making me so ripe with anticipation I could just burst
wink_face.gif

Nope - Delta doesn't sound much like the Altone 200 - more similar to Titan's tonality except with more realism, smoothness, and natural tonality.

I'd honestly put the Delta (for my preferences) on the same level of overall SQ and build quality as my A83 and 2000J.  Different tonality to both - but I rate it just as highly.  I'll have an A73 to listen to in a couple of weeks.  Considering the praise it has been given - I'm expecting big things.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #10,556 of 20,136
I'm going back and forth between the Altone200 and delta with the gunmetal filters. Bass response and midrange sound similar to my ears, with the treble being a but more layed back on the deltas, which is a good thing IMHO.

I also used the chrome filters on the delta and found those to be my favorite so far. It's a V-shaped but nicely detailed and the added bass fills out the sound.

The gun metal filters doing very good but I prefer a little more bass with IEMs, but yes they are very natural sounding and with great detail.

Paul, just a precursor and knowing your preferences based on reading your reviews, I'm curious to see what you think of the a73. I'll tell you right now it is warmer and bassier than the delta with any of the filters which makes me wonder what your take will be.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #10,558 of 20,136
Jul 23, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #10,559 of 20,136
Okay, a couple more tracks and I'll say that the delta is a touch warmer than the Altone200 as well.

The more I listen the more it seems like it's the amount of detail that makes me draw that comparison.

I think it's the difference in balance Vince. The Delta to me (gun-metal filter) is smoother, fuller and more natural sounding than the A200 - which tends to really show it's V shape in comparison.  I still like both IEMs quite a bit - but the Deltas get far more listening time - especially since I picked up the final release Delta when I was in London last week.  The A73 have me intrigued.  A good friend of mine (who knows my tastes well) thinks I'm going to find them overly warm and consumer tuned - from your description he may well be right. It wouldn't make them a bad IEM by any stretch - just not my sound sig.  Am waiting until I get a chance to hear them though.

Bought a pair of QC25 in Frankfurt for the long flight home.  Bose gets a bad rap I think - I thought they were superb.  NC is unbelieveable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back