1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. Hisoundfi Contributor
    There are some major unexpected bugs the admins have to work through from what I've heard.

Websites are constant works in progress to keep up with evolving technology.

Head-Fi admins are stating that they are aware of the bugs, and are working on resolving issues as fast as they possibly can. We all need to be patient in the meanwhile.

2. peter123
    This is going to take a long time to fix I'm afraid, in its current state it's close to impossible to use imo.

I feel really sorry for the people spending there free time in getting this great forum to work.

We had a very similar experience with a local forum here in Norway a couple of years ago and the very long time it took to iron out the issues pretty much ruined the community there. Let's hope that Head-fi manage to get things up and running before it's too late.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    leobigfield, B9Scrambler and ngoshawk like this.
  3. leobigfield
    Thinking the same. The old layout was so much better to read... And that Jerry Harvey banner at the bottom with the words flying is sooo annoying!!!

Edit: Ok, found the "subscription" page (watched threads). But in the old layout, there was a button that would take me straight to the first unread post. Now, this button is gone :frowning2:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  4. twister6 Contributor
    look at the top/bottom on the page where you have Page index (thread page number) to jump to, there is "Go to First Unread" button. That helps.

5. Mr Trev
    Also, it seems if you just click on the thread title from your "watched threads" list it'll take you to the first unread post. At least that was the theory. The first time I went through, it would just jump to the first (or some random) post. Now that I have everything updated, seems to work OK.

I hope they get the full text editor back up soon. This BB code thing is giving me bad flashbacks

6. twister6 Contributor
    And also in the forum page all the way at the top (upper right corner) now you have a direct link to Watched Threads (Unread and All).

7. ngoshawk
    While it is a bit mind-numbing to work through, I did find where you can post a review (once you have found the product!), so that should help keep tour reviews on track for me, anyway..now if I can get my other reviews back, I will be fairly happy. And yes, we must be tolerant of the changes, and help where we can...

8. Mr Trev
    That'll make things a little easier. Must be new since I didn't see it earlier today

9. nmatheis Contributor
    A couple more crappy, rambling lo-fi videos, lol :deadhorse:

10. Mr Trev
    Jeez, the M2s is quite a bit smaller than I was expecting

11. Hisoundfi Contributor
    So, if I don't have an account can I see the threads?

Did anybody test this yet, considering the only way I can get to the threads is through my account alerts?

12. Mr Trev
    I gotta imagine that anybody can still browse the threads regardless of having an account. I would assume that it'd be a tad harder to keep track of what you've read without an account, tho.

13. Hisoundfi Contributor
    A test to see if this works tron_legacy_characters-HD.jpg

14. Hisoundfi Contributor
    It looks like they are making some progress fellas.

Patience grasshoppers