"The Lab"
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #19,636 of 20,136
This is going to take a long time to fix I'm afraid, in its current state it's close to impossible to use imo.

I feel really sorry for the people spending there free time in getting this great forum to work.

We had a very similar experience with a local forum here in Norway a couple of years ago and the very long time it took to iron out the issues pretty much ruined the community there. Let's hope that Head-fi manage to get things up and running before it's too late.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #19,637 of 20,136
This is going to take a long time to fix I'm afraid, in its current state it's close to impossible to use imo.

I feel really sorry for the people spending there free time in getting this great forum to work.

We had a very similar experience with a local forum here in Norway a couple of years ago and the very long time it took to iron out the issues pretty much ruined the community there. Let's hope that Head-fi manage to get things up and running before it's too late.

Thinking the same. The old layout was so much better to read... And that Jerry Harvey banner at the bottom with the words flying is sooo annoying!!!

Edit: Ok, found the "subscription" page (watched threads). But in the old layout, there was a button that would take me straight to the first unread post. Now, this button is gone :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #19,638 of 20,136
Thinking the same. The old layout was so much better to read... And that Jerry Harvey banner at the bottom with the words flying is sooo annoying!!!

Edit: Ok, found the "subscription" page (watched threads). But in the old layout, there was a button that would take me straight to the first unread post. Now, this button is gone :frowning2:

look at the top/bottom on the page where you have Page index (thread page number) to jump to, there is "Go to First Unread" button. That helps.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #19,639 of 20,136
look at the top/bottom on the page where you have Page index (thread page number) to jump to, there is "Go to First Unread" button. That helps.

Also, it seems if you just click on the thread title from your "watched threads" list it'll take you to the first unread post. At least that was the theory. The first time I went through, it would just jump to the first (or some random) post. Now that I have everything updated, seems to work OK.

I hope they get the full text editor back up soon. This BB code thing is giving me bad flashbacks

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #19,640 of 20,136
Also, it seems if you just click on the thread title from your "watched threads" list it'll take you to the first unread post. At least that was the theory. The first time I went through, it would just jump to the first (or some random) post. Now that I have everything updated, seems to work OK.

I hope they get the full text editor back up soon. This BB code thing is giving me bad flashbacks

And also in the forum page all the way at the top (upper right corner) now you have a direct link to Watched Threads (Unread and All).

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #19,641 of 20,136
While it is a bit mind-numbing to work through, I did find where you can post a review (once you have found the product!), so that should help keep tour reviews on track for me, anyway..now if I can get my other reviews back, I will be fairly happy. And yes, we must be tolerant of the changes, and help where we can...

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #19,647 of 20,136
A test to see if this works
tron_legacy_characters-HD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back