"The Lab"
Dec 26, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #19,261 of 20,136

Holiday Travel Lab

IPod > 30 pin > iCon iDo > coax > Modi Multibit > RCA y splitter > RCA cables > Vali 2 & Cambridige Soundworks Bass Case amp & speaker system

Headphones = Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro / DT 990 Pro & Sennheiser HD 598 / 598Cs

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #19,262 of 20,136
Happy holidays everyone, here is my take on what I think is one of the best iems of the year! The LZ A4: http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a4/reviews/17671

The dedicated thread can be found at http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #19,263 of 20,136

Holiday Travel Lab

IPod > 30 pin > iCon iDo > coax > Modi Multibit > RCA y splitter > RCA cables > Vali 2 & Cambridige Soundworks Bass Case amp & speaker system

Headphones = Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro / DT 990 Pro & Sennheiser HD 598 / 598Cs

Very nice. Kinda been lusting after that Modi-multi/Vali 2 combo myself

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #19,264 of 20,136
No more words in this post, just a link, a photograph and a smiley:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-3-acrylic-custom-iem/reviews/17672

beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #19,265 of 20,136
Hey labsters! Hope ya'll had some great holidays!​
I finished up my 12 Classics review!​

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-12-classics/reviews/17687​

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #19,266 of 20,136
Bros, I just got something called a "special panel summons" to see if I'm placed as a juror on what's predicted to be a three-week murder trial. I was juror on a three-week trial once before. I can't even tell you how long that felt, and it was just a civil dispute. Really hoping I'm not seated on the jury this time...

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #19,268 of 20,136
Bros, I just got something called a "special panel summons" to see if I'm placed as a juror on what's predicted to be a three-week murder trial. I was juror on a three-week trial once before. I can't even tell you how long that felt, and it was just a civil dispute. Really hoping I'm not seated on the jury this time...

I feel for you my man.

On another note, how is your son doing?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #19,269 of 20,136
Just tell the lawyers involved that you think anybody who goes to trial is guilty.  Or that you have a cop in your family.  You won't be put on that jury.

Unless you want to serve on the special panel, of course.

Yes, that's my hopeful out. My bro-in-law is a local sheriff's deputy. I'm hoping that takes me out.

I feel for you my man.

On another note, how is your son doing?

Doing well, thanks for asking. Swelling is going down. He's off pain meds. Just waiting for the internal packing material to dissolve, so we can see how much hearing he's recovered. Won't know until mid-January, though...

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #19,270 of 20,136
Yes, that's my hopeful out. My bro-in-law is a local sheriff's deputy. I'm hoping that takes me out.

Doing well, thanks for asking. Swelling is going down. He's off pain meds. Just waiting for the internal packing material to dissolve, so we can see how much hearing he's recovered. Won't know until mid-January, though...

Wow, that's great news! I'm rooting for you guys!

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #19,273 of 20,136
Here's something I picked up recently: "USB Charging Station"

There are many multiple USB port chargers floating around on eBay floating, majority of them coming from China. The downside to those is many of them share the maximum 2.4 amps between all USB ports.

This means if you plug two devices into the wall adapter capable of drawing 2amp charging they share the load with a final outcome of about 1.2A and less the more devices you add.

This one here wasn't cheap (about $20 AUD) and has 8A total shared between 5 ports. Also many safety features like heat sensors, surge protection, smart USB which detects how many amps the device can use.

For someone like me with multiple DAPs and a smartphone its a great way to remove multiple wall adapters from your life.

I have the anker 6 port charging hub which includes USB fast charge socket as well for android phones with Qualcomm quick charge even a better bonus, I also trust ankers quality.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #19,275 of 20,136

Just show up in corpse-paint. Constantly hum Gorgoroth. It'll all be good
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back