1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. doctorjazz

Best wishes on the procedure, going all goes well.

2. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Here's something I picked up recently: "USB Charging Station"

There are many multiple USB port chargers floating around on eBay floating, majority of them coming from China. The downside to those is many of them share the maximum 2.4 amps between all USB ports.

This means if you plug two devices into the wall adapter capable of drawing 2amp charging they share the load with a final outcome of about 1.2A and less the more devices you add.

This one here wasn't cheap (about $20 AUD) and has 8A total shared between 5 ports. Also many safety features like heat sensors, surge protection, smart USB which detects how many amps the device can use.

For someone like me with multiple DAPs and a smartphone its a great way to remove multiple wall adapters from your life.

usbchargingstation.jpg

FlySweep and ngoshawk like this.
  3. ngoshawk

Brilliant solution to my cacophony of cords in my "charging station area." Thank you!:thumbsup:

H20Fidelity likes this.
  4. nmatheis Contributor
    Thanks for the good wishes, guys. The surgery is in progress...

[​IMG]

5. boblauer
    Wish your son and your whole family the best of luck. You are probably in great hands, doctor's do some amazing things

6. peter123

Agreed, enough total power is crucial when charging. I've got a couple of similar ones from Anker that's also really good.

We're six in the family and we pretty much fill up two five port charges plus some single ones every night lol

7. nmatheis Contributor
    Woo-hoo, the surgery is over. Everything looks good. It'll be end of January until we see results because the internal packing takes awhile to dissolve. Fingers crossed :fingers_crossed:

x RELIC x and ngoshawk like this.
  8. B9Scrambler

Happy to hear it man! [​IMG] 

9. Charliemotta
    Glad to hear everything went well!   ♫

10. HiFiChris Contributor

I am genuinely happy to hear that everything went well, my friend!

11. ngoshawk

Glad the surgery went well. Best of luck in the recovery.:muscle_tone3:

12. originalsnuffy
    Nick,

I did not catch that your son was in for surgery.  I am glad to hear that the procedure went well.  I am wishing that his hearing is restored.

13. Pastapipo

Hoping for a wishful recovery!

14. boblauer
    Great to hear, hoping for the best! 

15. nmatheis Contributor
    Whew, finally home after a long day at the hospital. Now the trick is to keep his little brother from harassing him too much, lol...

ngoshawk and Cinder like this.