1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. Mr Trev

None of your players handle LPCM? Should dig mine out and see what's what - except that the battery's shot

I remember one year I resolved to smoke more and get fat… failed miserably.

2. nmatheis Contributor

Maybe. It's been so long since I've used them that my memory is probably just failing.

3. doctorjazz

You'll live longer (at least, it will SEEM like forever... :) )

4. Mr Trev
    If I remember back, I did a quick test to compare 256k atrac to 320k mp3 and found the atrac to be closest to the LPCM source. My player is also one of the recentest models that supports 1gb discs and has the latest atrac codecs

5. B9Scrambler
    Hello Labsters! Here's my take on the thinksound MS02 if you're interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/thinksound-ms02-in-ear-monitor-with-passive-noise-isolation-gunmetal-chocolate/reviews/17589

DSCN0606.jpg       DSCN0586.jpg       DSCN0607.jpg

HiFiChris likes this.
  6. Podster

Nice job B, your are really burning and churning on these[​IMG]

7. B9Scrambler

Thanks man! I've been sitting on a ton of unfinished and partially written reviews. Just haven't had the motivation to write, until now apparently, haha.

8. howdy
    I can see your point on all except the Alcohol, nothing like a cold beer after mowing the lawn or camping.

9. nmatheis Contributor

Which one do you have?

10. Pastapipo
    20161217_140029.jpg

Finally got my usb dac working. Found it in a cardboard box in a corner of an audio store in Japan. Apparently the wrapping said "broken micro usb port" in Japanese. In hindsight the $20 price should have been a hint too. Anyway, fixed it by soldering a new usb port into place. Now it's time for a test drive!

peter123 and Hisoundfi like this.
  11. Mr Trev
    I have this one:
    IMG_0048.jpg

Nice little unit. Except the OLED screen is impossible to see outdoors

12. nmatheis Contributor
    Cool. I've got this one still but am missing the remote and can't find one on ebay :sob:

[​IMG]

All others are gone now, but here's another I owned that was very nice. Should've kept it, too...

[​IMG]

Hisoundfi likes this.
  13. HiFiChris Contributor
  14. peter123
    Guys, I've decided to get a balanced desktop amp but how do I get a balanced extension cable?

15. HiFiChris Contributor

XLR? 2.5 mm TRRS? 3.5 mm TRRS? Kobiconn?