1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. H20Fidelity Contributor
    They look very good, I had a quick read about it, but seems a little complicated until I watch some utube (tomorrow). Would like to do a couple of my own. Thanks again.

2. HiFiChris Contributor

Using rotoscoping for photos is basically the same technique as rotoscoping used in videos - you load the background layer (the original photo), probably lower its opacity (not necessary but makes it easier), create at least one new, transparent layer on top, do the roto stuff, probably add a background, delete the original background layer (the photo) and save the rotoscoped image.

H20Fidelity likes this.
  3. Hisoundfi Contributor
    20161215_140112.jpg
    You guys wanna do some throwback Thursday, Head-Fi edition?

I pulled out another oldie but a goodie.

Hisoundaudio Nova 3
    JDS Labs small Interconnect
    Topping NX-1

This sounds so damn good... And to this day I'm still amazed at the NX-1 battery life. This portable (and cheap) little rig brings me back to the days of the Chinese thread.

Curious to see some of you more seasoned Head-Fiers pull out some of the older gear you've kept over the years.

Mr Trev, B9Scrambler and HiFiChris like this.
  4. HiFiChris Contributor
    Good idea, Vince!

DSC00816.jpg

iPod Classic 7G, self-made cMoy, UE Triple.Fi 10 - the cMoy is in the photo just for fun though, as my main Amp/DAC-Amp used to be the Leckerton UHA-6S that I eventually sold and replaced with the UHA-6S.MKII that Nick built on request with a gain reduction.
    I only used the cMoy once or twice to test with stationary headphones.

Hisoundfi likes this.
  5. Mr Trev
    How bout it @nmatheis Let's see how one of your MD players hold up

6. howdy
    Wonder how this compares to ibasso it03, they are similar in price.

7. nmatheis Contributor

Problem with minidisc is ATRAC. Compresses the crap of of your music :angry:

Well, my man RedJohn456 is loving the LZA4 but doesn't have IT03. I'm loving IT03 but don't have LZA4. Too bad we're not both in the same country, or we could just trade. As it is, my health insurance is going up significantly next year so not so much to spend on audio gear :triumph::dizzy_face::sob:

8. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Capsule from 1More:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1more-capsule-dual-driver-in-ear-headphones-with-in-line-microphone-and-remote/reviews/17586
    20161215_224519.jpg

9. howdy
    They both seem to be very good choices.
    Yeah, my health insurance is going up 20 percent which is fairly significant, it sucks!

10. x RELIC x Contributor

My life insurance went DOWN 78% this year when I renewed my term. Stopped smoking 5 years ago, exercise a lot more, and have been eating very well for the last 3 years. I hadn't updated my 10 year term when I quit smoking so it was nice to see the significant decrease. I guess I'm in tier 1 now and good until 65, love it. Sorry for rubbing it in, but when does anyone ever get to express how happy they are about their life insurance, lol.

Edit: I know it's not the same as your health insurance, but I'm self employed and have no extended health insurance, so I jumped in with the next best thing. Anyway, apologies for the completely non-audio related post. :redface:

Hisoundfi likes this.
  11. nmatheis Contributor
    Good on you, Craig!

I definitely need to exercise more :smirk:

12. Hisoundfi Contributor
    My new years resolution is to cut out all fast food, soda and alcohol from my diet.

The hardest one will be fast food. I love Mcdoubles.

13. nmatheis Contributor

Wow, no moderation. Just cold turkey? Hard core, bro!

14. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Oh, trust me, bro, I'm getting it in until then!

15. boblauer
    Health insurance cost if the one and only reason I still want my job. I was a self employed IT consultant for 19 years afters 10 years with a big 6 firm. The cost were out of control, over a 1K a month. in 2013 I went to work for a former client for $50/month health insurance and no real other reason. Trying to make 65 for SS and Medicare, 6 more years.