1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. RedJohn456

Engineering sample :wink:

they declared it properly, its just DHL Canada being full of ****. Run by satan himself. They are only ones that carry battery devices so they have a ******* monopoly at the moment which is utter bs.

2. RedJohn456
    You know, if someone had blind folded me and asked me to listen to the LZ A4 for the first time (without telling me what it was) and had asked me to guess the price based only on SQ - I would EASILY say $600-700 CAD. 

I am gonna call it now, LZ A4 is the first chinese iem to be truly TOTL at a stupidly low price. Best iem of the year for me by far!!

I have owned a few so called TOTL iems in his hobby and I am not one prone to hyperbole but the LZ A4 is performing at such a high level it is about as end game as it gets. Just makes me laugh that we are getting all this at 200 USD (which is peanuts compared to what the big boys are charging.)

3. mochill
    Penon is having a bid on a lot of stuff for Christmas and New years

http://stores.ebay.com/Penon-HiFi/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=1488931885&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

4. originalsnuffy
    We should ask LZ to get the A4 in to the hands of Brooko and NMatheis.  They each have access to quite a few TOTL type units and could give informed opinions.  I am sure there are others also.  I just follow the  reviews of those two on a regular basis.  Ibasso, Duuno, Forrest (FLC), and a few others should be in the mix.  I still think the A2 is a bargain and am very interested in verdicts on the A4.

5. nmatheis Contributor

I'm flattered, my friend. If LZ wants to send me a pair, I'd more than happy to let people know what I think.

6. HiFiChris Contributor
  7. Hisoundfi Contributor
    A little while back on the this thread we were talking about pulling out old gears. I did that this morning.

Jamming the TTPOD T1E right now.

This is far from the most tonally accurate or natural sounding IEM, but in terms of sheer music enjoyment this thing is friggen awesome. The T1E might not be discussed much, but they are still awesomesauce. Love their bass response and overall tuning. It's just flat out fun to plug into your DAP, turn on your favorite song and crank up the volume.

8. Hisoundfi Contributor
    DAT T1E BASS DOE!

LOVE IT!

9. HiFiChris Contributor
    I own the TTPod T1 which is supposed to be the bass-light(er) version of the T1E. Definitely one of my favourite budget in-ears - not because of its technical strengths (it is good for $30 but there are even better budget models when it comes to the pure technical ability, such as the B3 Pro 1, A151 or TE-02), but for the pure musical enjoyment, the design that I really like and the expansive soundstage that it offers.

Occasionally, I take it out for a walk as a budget beater.

TTPoddrivingrotoscoping.jpg   IMG_20151227_144204.jpg
    IMG_20151227_144118.jpg   IMG_20151227_144357_edit.jpg

Jon Sonne and bolmeteus like this.
  10. Hisoundfi Contributor
    The T1E destroyed the original T1 in terms of SQ IMHO

The T1E is by far the best I've heard from the TTPOD lineup.

They had a hype train of epic proportion after the T1E, and when the announced the T2 people lost their damn minds. I remember waiting up until the wee hours of the morning to be one of the first to order the T2.

Sad to say, the T2 ended up being one of the most disappointing earphones I've ever experienced. Hype train derailed, and I haven't been too inspired to shell out funds for anymore TTPOD earphones since.

11. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Christina, how did you do the cartoon drawing?

12. twister6 Contributor

cartoon 'filter' probably, Lucia [​IMG] (i know, i know, auto-correct switching Chris to Christina [​IMG]).

13. HiFiChris Contributor

It's a technique called "rotoscoping", Lucie.

[​IMG] 

Moar headphone rtoscoped photos can be found here.

14. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Rootascooping, will look into this.

Take care StereoChris and twistedsister6.

15. HiFiChris Contributor
    SAVANNA_rotoscope.jpg
    Simgotroto.jpg
    SRH440schematic.jpg
    DT770_mouse-sketch_signed.jpg  

B9Scrambler and bolmeteus like this.