"The Lab"
May 11, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #17,461 of 20,136

I got evac'd last Tuesday (confirms my theory that if anything bad is going to happen, it will happen on a Tuesday). From the latest word, my neighbourhood is intact, but sadly others haven't been so lucky (I know a couple folks who've probably lost everything).
Now just got to wait and see when I can go home and see what's left. Hopefully just some smoke/water damage, but what I'm really worried about is that the potato salad I made that morning has evolved into a sentient being by now, and I'm going to have to fight for control of the house.

A pretty picture until you realize its not a sunset/sunrise

Didn't realize you were in an affected area. I'm glad you and those in your neighborhood are safe.

May 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #17,466 of 20,136
:eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #17,467 of 20,136
eek.gif

"Previously worked for FiiO" ?!?  Joe, did we miss the retirement announcement?
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #17,468 of 20,136
Am I the only one who finds the Mahogany TH-X00 visually definitely more appealing than the Purpleheart version?
Anyway, I could not resist this time when I read that the drop was active again and the first 600 units would be shipped in early June.

I know I don't have a need for it (a closed-back headphone for semi-stationary use that is not well-isolating and has got a long, non-removable cable that is fabric-coated above thy y-split which I don't like as it'll fray over time), but well, I found it visually very appealing, so I could not resist.

May 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #17,469 of 20,136

"Previously worked for FiiO" ?!?  Joe, did we miss the retirement announcement?
biggrin.gif

Yeah Joe, what up?

HiFi, I must have missed or deleted a Massdrop email!!!

May 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #17,471 of 20,136
Am I the only one who finds the [COLOR=DAA520]Mahogany[/COLOR] TH-X00 visually definitely more appealing than the [COLOR=800080]Purpleheart[/COLOR] version?
Anyway, I could not resist this time when I read that the drop was active again and the first 600 units would be shipped in early June.

I know I don't have a need for it (a closed-back headphone for semi-stationary use that is not well-isolating and has got a long, non-removable cable that is fabric-coated above thy y-split which I don't like as it'll fray over time), but well, I found it visually very appealing, so I could not resist.

Its definitely much nicer looking than the purple version to me. Personally the purpleheart wood looks off. I am tempted to get one as well, but I need to stay on course in terms of my purchases and not be too wasteful I suppose.

May 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #17,472 of 20,136
May 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #17,473 of 20,136
  U be joining da drop as well, Podster buddy?

Cray.

Going to have to call this one Cray Cray but Jude's video did me in
blink.gif

beerchug.gif

May 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #17,474 of 20,136

U be joining da drop as well, Podster buddy?

Cray.

Going to have to call this one Cray Cray but Jude's video did me in
blink.gif

beerchug.gif

Woot Woot (or should I say "Wood Wood"?
wink.gif
).

It was the design that got me. Not really anything else. 
lipsrsealed.gif

If I find out that the pads are at least the size of the SRH440, I won't cancel the "pre-order". If they're smaller, I fear I'll have to cancel it. 
frown.gif

May 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #17,475 of 20,136

Woot Woot (or should I say "Wood Wood"?
wink.gif
).

It was the design that got me. Not really anything else. 
lipsrsealed.gif

If I find out that the pads are at least the size of the SRH440, I won't cancel the "pre-order". If they're smaller, I fear I'll have to cancel it. 
frown.gif

You need to watch Jude's video on the MassDrop add. He shows you that the X)) pads are thicker and more plush but have a simi-moon shape on one side of the pad which does reduce the interior volume!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00?utm_placement=9&referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-05-11&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back