"The Lab"
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #15,241 of 20,136

Definitely will do!  I'm using a free GIMP editor, very basic stuff, so it's a bit of a PITA to manipulate things.  But I do agree, letters are too bold and in your face now.

I can whip one up for you if you like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome job Craig! Thanks!!!

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #15,243 of 20,136
  Btw, what do you guys think of my new avatar?  Nothing fancy, I just used my kitchen countertop (where I take all my review pictures) as a background and added Tw6 (as Twister6 abbreviation) text using a very basic image editor.  I guess the whole idea was to make something simple, like Periodic Table symbol (hey, i'm still a big fan of Breaking bad :)).  Just not sure if it looks too cheesy/tacky?

cool.gif
In the Spirit of Star Wars TW6 could stand for Twatwalker 6.

or maybe not....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #15,244 of 20,136
I saw it and was going to comment on the iconic countertop and Periodic Table text. I like it! If I may make a suggestion, reduce the font size just a bit and offset TW to the lower left, no italics, and the 6 in the upper right... That would be more Periodic Table like.

blink.gif

blink.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #15,246 of 20,136
Guys, you know sometimes we just have too much stuff and some get neglected just because there's too much competing about our attention. I'd like to bring in to the light one such item because it really deserves a lot more attention on this site than it has got this far.

Recently I came across this item while browsing the web:

E600M-black-earbud.jpg

I thought they loomed interesting and did some research and found out that Onkyo is getting help from Philips with their new line of headphones and IEM's.

I really thought these looked familiar and went to the big IEM box and found these:

4392972_R_Z008A

Looks pretty similar or what???

I remember posting about these when I received them springtime last year comparing them to the Fidelio S2's ( that's also a really good IEM) saying that the TX2 sounded more like a side grade ro the S2's than the $29 IEM it is. For some reason I never explored them further (probaly some other stuff came along and stole my attention).

I found the thread for them here on Head-Fi and learned from the very limited information there (the thread has 14 post noe :wink: ) that these are actually on the Innerfidelity "wall of fame".

There where also a guy in that thread asking for comparison between the TX2 and Titan 1 so I brought both out for a listening session and these were my findings:

These two are quite similar in design despite the better materials used on the T1 (metal over plastic in the housing, better cable etc). The similarities doesn't stop at the looks though as they're actually much more similar in sound than the price would suggest.

The TX2 has an overall fuller tone and although midbass is quite similar the TX2 has both more and deeper subbass.

The soundstage in all directions is actually quite similar with a slight upper hand to the T1 in width.

The T1, being brighter, feels a bit more airy in its presentation and its brighter tone also gives a perception of better clarity. Micro details are also pretty similar on both.

I must say that the fuller presentation of the TX2 gives them more natural sounding vocals (especially male) compared with the T1. The TX2's midrange is also a bit more forward compared to the slight v-shape on the T1's.

Both have great treble extension and both can also get a bit "hot" in the treble (siblance), the T1 more so though.

I really don't feel as if these perform on different technical levels but rather slightly different signatures making personal preference the deciding factor on which to choose.

If you like a more forward midrange, more subbass and a slightly fuller sound go with the TX2. If you fancy a brighter sound with a more airy presentation, better clarity and don't mind a bit hotter teeble go with the Titans.

If you can find these for a good price I'd strongly recommend them, they're a seriously overlooked IEM with a ridiculous value for money.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt that I owned it to this poor overlooked IEM :wink:

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #15,248 of 20,136
Well, we didn't get the correct amount of thumbs up. But I feel now I've mentioned this it would be unfair not to say.

The nickname I have given twister is....

TwistedSister6

:p

:veryevil:

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #15,250 of 20,136
  Btw, what do you guys think of my new avatar?  Nothing fancy, I just used my kitchen countertop (where I take all my review pictures) as a background and added Tw6 (as Twister6 abbreviation) text using a very basic image editor.  I guess the whole idea was to make something simple, like Periodic Table symbol (hey, i'm still a big fan of Breaking bad :)).  Just not sure if it looks too cheesy/tacky?

The countertop background is awesome, its kinda like your sig now.
biggrin.gif
 As far as the periodic table/breaking bad inspiration, hasn't it been a little overdone? (not you personally, just in general) Of course, all is my opinion… not affiliated with Head-fi… yada yada

Guys, you know sometimes we just have too much stuff and some get neglected just because there's too much competing about our attention. I'd like to bring in to the light one such item because it really deserves a lot more attention on this site than it has got this far.

Recently I came across this item while browsing the web:

E600M-black-earbud.jpg

I thought they loomed interesting and did some research and found out that Onkyo is getting help from Philips with their new line of headphones and IEM's.

I really thought these looked familiar and went to the big IEM box and found these:

4392972_R_Z008A

Looks pretty similar or what???

I remember posting about these when I received them springtime last year comparing them to the Fidelio S2's ( that's also a really good IEM) saying that the TX2 sounded more like a side grade ro the S2's than the $29 IEM it is. For some reason I never explored them further (probaly some other stuff came along and stole my attention).

I found the thread for them here on Head-Fi and learned from the very limited information there (the thread has 14 post noe
wink.gif
) that these are actually on the Innerfidelity "wall of fame".

There where also a guy in that thread asking for comparison between the TX2 and Titan 1 so I brought both out for a listening session and these were my findings:

These two are quite similar in design despite the better materials used on the T1 (metal over plastic in the housing, better cable etc). The similarities doesn't stop at the looks though as they're actually much more similar in sound than the price would suggest.

The TX2 has an overall fuller tone and although midbass is quite similar the TX2 has both more and deeper subbass.

The soundstage in all directions is actually quite similar with a slight upper hand to the T1 in width.

The T1, being brighter, feels a bit more airy in its presentation and its brighter tone also gives a perception of better clarity. Micro details are also pretty similar on both.

I must say that the fuller presentation of the TX2 gives them more natural sounding vocals (especially male) compared with the T1. The TX2's midrange is also a bit more forward compared to the slight v-shape on the T1's.

Both have great treble extension and both can also get a bit "hot" in the treble (siblance), the T1 more so though.

I really don't feel as if these perform on different technical levels but rather slightly different signatures making personal preference the deciding factor on which to choose.

If you like a more forward midrange, more subbass and a slightly fuller sound go with the TX2. If you fancy a brighter sound with a more airy presentation, better clarity and don't mind a bit hotter teeble go with the Titans.

If you can find these for a good price I'd strongly recommend them, they're a seriously overlooked IEM with a ridiculous value for money.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt that I owned it to this poor overlooked IEM
wink.gif

What's the model of that Onkyo one?

Unfortunately Philips has no distribution here in Canada so checking it out could be pricey due to shipping costs. I'll still keep an eye open though.

Look what the cat dragged in. I had no idea they delivered on sundays
!

Delivery? On a Sunday? Head for the hills folks, this must be a sign the end is nigh
wink_face.gif

Nice piece of gear btw. Looks like Fiio increased their design budgets 

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #15,252 of 20,136
The countertop background is awesome, its kinda like your sig now.:D  As far as the periodic table/breaking bad inspiration, hasn't it been a little overdone? (not you personally, just in general) Of all is my opinion… not affiliated with Head-fi… yada yada

What's the model of that Onkyo one?

Unfortunately Philips has no distribution here in Canada so checking it out could be pricey due to shipping costs. I'll still keep an eye open though.

Delivery? On a Sunday? Head for the hills folks, this must be a sign the end is nigh:wink_face:

Nice piece of gear btw. Looks like Fiio increased their design budgets 

The model number for the Onkyo is E600M but unfortunately it seem to be priced quite a bit over $100 :frowning2:

Edit: Actually I'm not really sure about the exchange ratbut they're 11,700 Yen.

Link to E600M product page:

http://www.onkyo-headphones.com/en/headphones/in-ear/e600m-earphones.html

Link to TX2 product page:

http://www.philips.com.hk/en/c-p/TX2WT_00/in-ear-headphones-with-mic/specifications

Edit 2: I bought my pair for $29 shipped from HK....

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #15,253 of 20,136
Congrats Tamal! :)

Off topic I came across this video while browsing and wanted to share :wink:
LINK:
https://youtu.be/GL0rbxB9Lqg

Ps: before hitting the link dont forget to put your iem/hp on :wink:

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #15,254 of 20,136
Hey everyone, happy Sunday

I just got an email from Earphone Solution. They are having a Christmas promotion, selling the Phonak PFE012 for $29.99! That is an insane value!

I know Peter and a few others on here have them and will vouch for them.

This is definitely one of the greatest deals of the year. I would buy another one if I didn't already have two pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back