The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #5,943 of 8,352
What's the exact product name? 

Quote here says "ATH­WS55I Ear Pad Black", product number "135413140"

info@audio-technica.de

That is the correct product name.

Anyone that wants their details can pm me.

As far as I know they will ship International too. Not 100% on that though, when you choose the phone options you need to go to International sales. As it is a UK phone number you will also need to dial the UK code if you live elsewhere.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #5,944 of 8,352
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5,947 of 8,352
Quote:
Just got my lovely s500's in the mail.  Arigatou gozaimasu buyfromjapan!

All I can honestly think is...

Cheers,
TBB

Damn that's blindingly good! Glad you are enjoying them!

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #5,948 of 8,352
Quote:
Bad news everyone. I just emailed Audio Technica about the pads and here's what I got:

Ugh.... I can't even find the WS55 pads in Japan! Yes, you read that right... in AT's home country... I scoured Rakuten.co.jp and yahoo auctions and couldn't find any. I have however found AD2000X pads and many other AT pads. I'm not sure which ones would fit the S500 though. I assume the AD2000X earpads are way too big, but perhaps they could work well with o-rings... 
Thoughts?

Edit: This doesn't really have much to do with the S500, but is there any surround virtualizer that I can download on my pc? I recently sold my laptop that had dolby home theater v4 and I miss it terribly. The surround virtualizer definitely did improve the soundstage. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #5,949 of 8,352
Quote:
Ugh.... I can't even find the WS55 pads in Japan! Yes, you read that right... in AT's home country... I scoured Rakuten.co.jp and yahoo auctions and couldn't find any. I have however found AD2000X pads and many other AT pads. I'm not sure which ones would fit the S500 though. I assume the AD2000X earpads are way too big, but perhaps they could work well with o-rings... 
Thoughts?

Edit: This doesn't really have much to do with the S500, but is there any surround virtualizer that I can download on my pc? I recently sold my laptop that had dolby home theater v4 and I miss it terribly. The surround virtualizer definitely did improve the soundstage. Any help would be much appreciated. 

you want fake surround sound?  

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #5,950 of 8,352
Arrived a few days ago to me too but I have not yet had the chance to try them out for good.
I can only say that connected to my FiiO E10 with bass boost enabled pull out all the grit they have, with bass boost disabled become little more flat.
For the trance are fantastic (keep in mind that they are still new have not even played 10 hours).
Great medium-low and ultra-low good. Mid-High a little gloomy but nothing to worry about.
The only problem is that on the box it says HA-S500-B headphones and instead are gunmetal ... mah!

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #5,951 of 8,352
Quote:
Thoughts?

Why dont you just buy them from eBay then?

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #5,953 of 8,352
Quote:
Yes, it might sound stupid, but it actually works very well. Dolby Home Theater V4 also has the volume equalizer (or whatever it's called.., I forgot) which works like an amp by boosting the sound nicely if put on the lowest preset. Ever heard of another program that does surround?

Possibly this might be of use: Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone Config.

I use RPG's "forward' config and love it.

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #5,954 of 8,352
I still have the SJ5 pleathers sitting around from when I gave S500 a go.  The next owner didn't need them, so I'm stuck with 'em and no use for them.  Lightly used.
Shoot me a PM if you want 'em.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #5,955 of 8,352
As much as nice these are,
I know if I keep them they will either be unused like my m80,
Or I will disect those drivers and try to plant them in another headphone..

I am like that, because they the s500 told me they are upset with me since I dont put them on my head anymore !
Or maybe it was a dream Lol.
Thats what happens when you take a nap lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back