The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 19, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #5,926 of 8,352
Ambient like Sigur Ros and Post Rock like Deftones? They go great, don't sweat it. Just that you'll hear the music mostly inside your head rather than in an expansive room/concert area.

I've never seen Deftones described as post rock before

I meant post rock like sigur ros, ambient like lustmord and dubstep like burial

Anyway that's fine, I'm used to the IEM in-head feel anyway

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #5,927 of 8,352

The stage reminds me of IEMs, but these have a ton of depth to make up for it. After a whole the narrow soundstage may leave you wanting more though.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #5,928 of 8,352
Quote:

I have no idea what I was talking about lol, sorry. Deftones is more of a Nu Metal.

Burial sounds great with these. You can hear the multiple bass layers in Broken Home. It's not only 'plenty' of bass, the bass quality is very good and deep, though only as far as 40mm drivers on a portable headphones can go.

I've never heard of Lustmord. BTW I'm not really a fan of Skrillex, one of his 3 new songs sounded too much like Burial.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #5,929 of 8,352
Had a reply from the service tech about the WS55 pad's price, seems pretty good. I might order today! xD

[size=11pt]These are £3.90 each+£3.99 to post or £10.00 recorded and all +vat[/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt] [/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Kind regards[/size][/size]

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5,930 of 8,352
34 bucks?

ATH has them in the US for 10 bucks shipped....got them in earlier this week.

Liked the AKG pads on the s400 more so I stuck the WS55 pads on my newly acquired ES7.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #5,931 of 8,352
Quote:
The stage reminds me of IEMs, but these have a ton of depth to make up for it. After a whole the narrow soundstage may leave you wanting more though.

I'll keep an eye on the other headphones I was looking at.

I have no idea what I was talking about lol, sorry. Deftones is more of a Nu Metal.

Burial sounds great with these. You can hear the multiple bass layers in Broken Home. It's not only 'plenty' of bass, the bass quality is very good and deep, though only as far as 40mm drivers on a portable headphones can go.

I've never heard of Lustmord. BTW I'm not really a fan of Skrillex, one of his 3 new songs sounded too much like Burial.

Lustmord's a dark ambient producer/musician. Pretty big in the scene, but the scene itself is quite small. Even so, I definitely think he deserves more exposure. If you're at all interested in ambient and atmospheric music, especially when it's dark, I recommend the collaboration album he did with Robert Rich (another big member of the genre), Stalker. I love that album. A lot of ambient just relies on boring tones but this one manages to convey so many rich and interesting vibes. I put it on at night, never look at the screen or song titles (I don't even remember what most of them are called) and lose myself in that album. It makes me feel like I'm floating down the Nile, alone, at night, in the humid heat. I love it.

I don't particularly listen to Skrillex either apart from the odd track here and there. TBH he's more of an electro house producer than a dubstep one. And yeah, that song is hilarious. I think it just proves how poor a producer he is after relying for so long on the same formula and just making everything sound huge and shiny to get away with the fact that he doesn't know how to craft interesting, subtle and textured music.

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #5,936 of 8,352
Quote:
The color, that's it. Go for that sexy gun metal nuff said

+1 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #5,937 of 8,352
Quote:
What's the differnce between the black and gun metal except the colour?

Great first post on head-fi.

Pretty epic IMO.  

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #5,940 of 8,352
I've just been quoted £16.70 including £10 postage.

hmmm

That's not what I ordered then for today.

£3.92 per pad, plus free royal mail postage. Tracked delivery was quoted at £10.

Anyone wants the phone number to get the WS55 pads can PM me. They had 29 in stock, I ordered 2 so it's 27 now.

Oh and Black S500s are much nicer than the Gun Metal ones. I think they look chromey and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back