The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #5,782 of 8,352
I think these are overall better than the MDR-V6s. And they sound pretty much the same when unamped...or at least that's the conclusion I came up with after trying them off my desktop amp and then my Ipod/Nexus 7.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #5,784 of 8,352
Quote:
V6 is more neutral. accurate

I do a bit of audio work on the side both in the field and in the studio.

My 7506's are killer for live work, because they expose the worst stuff in terms of live sound, namely, too much bass, and a harsh upper midrange. But truthfully, I can't say that I like them for anything besides critical listening in the editing stage of a mix. While monitors will always be king, I've actually found the S500 to give a bizarrely good tonal balance for my decisions with timbre in a mix (naturally, they don't work the same when you stick HM5 pads on, shame)

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #5,785 of 8,352
Quote:
I do a bit of audio work on the side both in the field and in the studio.

My 7506's are killer for live work, because they expose the worst stuff in terms of live sound, namely, too much bass, and a harsh upper midrange. But truthfully, I can't say that I like them for anything besides critical listening in the editing stage of a mix. While monitors will always be king, I've actually found the S500 to give a bizarrely good tonal balance for my decisions with timbre in a mix (naturally, they don't work the same when you stick HM5 pads on, shame)

Indeed. unlike the V6/7506, sometimes the treble sounds almost ear piercing.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #5,786 of 8,352
Oooooo myeeee I just put these on after almost 7days 24hr burn!
They opened up wow! Mids are nice!
Using ws55 pads...
Dammit these are now up with my best cans!! Sh**tt!!
Just a tad over on the lower mids but so nice!

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #5,787 of 8,352
Quote:
Oooooo myeeee I just put these on after almost 7days 24hr burn!
They opened up wow! Mids are nice!
Using ws55 pads...
Dammit these are now up with my best cans!! Sh**tt!!
Just a tad over on the lower mids but so nice!

^

Welcome to the club.
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back