The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #5,807 of 8,352
Quote:
Quote:
I contacted Brain from BTG audio about recabling S500.
here's what he reply. (i mentioned group buy)

^ Are the cables gonna be detachable??? Please say yes!!!

Oh and how muchy???

$900, priced just like mine! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #5,811 of 8,352
Any type of connector for detachable cables is expensive....might be able to fit the mini XLR, or female Sennheiser HD650 plugs, the S500 is too small for detachable, plus double sided would double the cost.  Why would you want detachable cable.....you can't even justify the cost of the wire for those!

Told my wife today......"the envelope please"!   Thanks mucho.....

You ought to hear the MH463 with the stock cloth under velour pads, and Cardas wire, or DHC Peptide/Peptide Hybrid, I have two pair, and am thinking about selling  a pair of my Senn's.  Honestly, the sound would blow your mind, like a stick of dynamite............these are awesome, huge soundstage, imaging, separation, Clapton "Unplugged", or anything live, sound live!

Psy....I mean sigh! 
wink_face.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #5,812 of 8,352
i think detachable isn't hard for Brain to do. i will ask him tomorrow. stay tuned.
im more interesting in single sided cable as someone stated before, that will be sick.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #5,813 of 8,352
Quote:
Any type of connector for detachable cables is expensive....might be able to fit the mini XLR, or female Sennheiser HD650 plugs, the S500 is too small for detachable, plus double sided would double the cost.  Why would you want detachable cable.....you can't even justify the cost of the wire for those!

Told my wife today......"the envelope please"!   Thanks mucho.....

You ought to hear the MH463 with the stock cloth under velour pads, and Cardas wire, or DHC Peptide/Peptide Hybrid, I have two pair, and am thinking about selling  a pair of my Senn's.  Honestly, the sound would blow your mind, like a stick of dynamite............these are awesome, huge soundstage, imaging, separation, Clapton "Unplugged", or anything live, sound live!

Psy....I mean sigh! 
wink_face.gif

That's RACIST with the yellow smiley!!! 
eek.gif
Reported to mods!

Glad you got it, meng i guess you and i aren't meant to do business together. I am over cutes "creations" longggggggggg ago and it probably ain't got no bass anyways. I am more than happy with my new ATH WS99. No more cheapos for this troll.
bigsmile_face.gif

Yeppp dem cables be too $$$ for my blood, can't afford to pay like $100 just for a damn re-cable almost feels like i got price gouged.
wink_face.gif
  I am good, no need for them fancy cables. I'll just stick with my stock everything and my cheapo paper towels and cotton balls. Gud enough for me cuz i ain't uppity like that.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #5,814 of 8,352
Quote:
i think detachable isn't hard for Brain to do. i will ask him tomorrow. stay tuned.
im more interesting in single sided cable as someone stated before, that will be sick.

Well, like it has been said before here, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but It's still a pig", not worth it on a $25 headphone, budget is budget, these are FOTM long ago, time to find something new!  ahem, sf.......

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #5,815 of 8,352
Quote:

Well, like it has been said before here, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but It's still a pig", not worth it on a $25 headphone, budget is budget, these are FOTM long ago, time to find something new!  ahem, sf.......

Nah, these S500s are something else. I think everyone should own a pair :wink:

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #5,816 of 8,352
Quote:

Keep us updated. Really want to know how much he charges cuz i might want to make my WS99 detachable. hoho That would be so BOSS.
cool.gif

I am good with double side entries detachable cables, single sided is too tricky since these S500s folds like that.

Hey hey does he do any iem re-cables??? MH1Cs nuff said.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

^ Yeppp 10000000000 % agreed but these S500 got the potential. Those real cheapo somics not so much. The lipstick is worth it on these S500s, while applying it to those somic would just be a complete waste of lipstick, even if the lipstick was from the dollar store.
tongue.gif

I am fine with these S500s the way they are, just wanted to see if i can do it to my new cans that's all. But hey if the price is right these S500s more then deserve the love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back