The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #211 of 8,352
Quote:

Open you say?

Please Dsnuts, don't make me spend $70 to cut the cups open XD

Lol. The thought of having a free breathing open over the ear set using Carbon nanotubes. JVCs new style of tuning for headphones. Sends chills up my spine. lol!

Quote:
The minute it overcomes the a900x, the minute I break the a900x, lol! When I listen to it I mean.

Ya. Once you get the OMG moment. That is when you will understand.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #212 of 8,352
Quote:

..... If they had more stage. My journey would end. You guys would not see me anymore here. I would be done. If JVC decided to do an open phone much like the Shures. Perhaps someone at JVC will read this thread and figure out what we as a community want with this new tech.  First thing first. You guys have to hear these for yourselves to believe them. This Carbon nanotube tech is something new and exciting for all of us. It is not everyday I can say something like this is an advancement in sound but due to the fact that every single new JVC carbon nanotube based headphone has won me over with ease..This is an exciting product you guys should not miss out on.. This community is the one that need to discover what JVC is cooking..

$71 EMS shipped through the vendors on ebay the headphones will get to you in 3 to 4 days. Seem to be the best way to get these..Now that I know what these sound like. $71 for these? Lol....Like I said wait till you guys hear these for yourselves..These might take over your favorites..This is not a joke.

Those are some strong words meng, HYPE LEVEL TO THE INFINITY!!! 

LMAO, them cheapo FX40's has already ruined everything I own and it's already my favorite, these S500s or the FXD70s are just icing on top. Most likely both ha 

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #214 of 8,352
Quote:
I think vocal clarity might be even better on the headphones..The mids are just a step more forward  while the overall sound is much more fuller, deeper on the headphones and the highs a bit less but it is just as clean just as extended on the HA-S500 but I think due to the deep insertion on the FXD earphones. The highs seem to have a bit more emphasis on the earphones. So far as bass end goes. It goes like this. HA-S500> FX40>FXD70>FXD80. But it is sheer class on the bass end. The sub bass is rich deep and full. Bass lovers gonna love these lil headphones. But non bass fans don't skip on these just because they have bass. Because these have such a coherent lovely sound the bass is a part of this presentation and it is awesome.. Complete like I said.

The biggest difference for me is the staging and depth of sound. While the tuning is very similar to the FXD70, FXD80 the overall depth and width of the sound field is increased due to a full sized 40mm version. These give a room full of speaker type sound. The nature of a bigger dynamic driver. It is their tuning I find special. Just masterful. The scope of the tune is increased using the same type of tuning..In theory that sounds great. In reality it sounds even better.

I also noticed even though these are rated 32 ohms. These are actually more efficient over the 20 Ohm FXD70, FXD80 earphones. They need less volume.

A brief comparison of the FXD70/80s with the S500, though I wouldn't mind a more detailed one ha
Quote:
... Comparison to the fxd80? Please?
redface.gif

WoW, I completely missed the part that the 40's bass was bigger than the FXD70s, makes sense but I want mo' of that top quality BASS. Seems like the S500s are truly a upgrade to the FX40s in all aspects then.  But IEM's are more versatile than headphones though, damn it!

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #215 of 8,352
 I went on Amazon to order me some velour pads and it is being sold by a vendor I have never heard of before. Annovaus.. Sounds Euro. Dutch perhaps? Anyhow so I am ready to check out and it does not give me any type of shipping option. Just the free one which takes 20 to 30 business days? Must be traveling around the world first before it gets to me. Probably on a boat. Why it would take so long I have no idea. I found some original Adidas Blue ones on ebay but costs as much as the headphones themselves. $56 or so. Blue velours would be cool but I would rather buy another pair of HA-S500 headphones for that much. Disappointing to say the least.

I did a quick search online and BnH has these same pads on their site for the same price but with 10 days free ship. Guess which one I went with..If all these do is throw out more comfort like having pillows on my ears. I think the $23.50 will be money well spent. One of the reviewers on BnH says it fit his AKG K81Dj headphones perfectly which is good news as those are about the same sized, cup wise as the HA-S500. If these mean more comfort. Even better balance and added a bit of air to the sound.. Bonus. As always stay tuned for the results. Fingers crossed.

Before guys start getting the velours. Let me confirm that they fit first. I would hate for guys to start getting the velours only to find out they fit too loose or have issues with the fit somehow. I will probably get them in a weeks time and by then the first group of guys that bought the HA-S500 should have their headphones, and some more impressions.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #216 of 8,352
I think my HP-CN 40 were purchased from AnnovaUK which is in the UK :). Annova US is just a way for them to sell on Amazon US instead of Amazon UK. I think my Maxells took around a week to get to NY. They are on ebay as well. For future reference anyway.

I assume your talking about the HD25 pads, I'd have tried others first. I sold mine. Comfort is not the best for velours, the holes in the center are small and don't help stage(HD-25 is noted for it's lack of stage) and they are designed to sound similar to their pleather/vinyl counterpart. Better balance and air is quite unlikely. Too bad I didn't see this sooner. Not that it can't work out but I think the chances are lower than others. Good luck!

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #217 of 8,352
Well, just to chime in a little bit more on Dsnuts excitement about these headphones, I met with the owner of Aurisonics last Thursday in Chicago (I can't remember if I mentioned that on this post or not). We listened to a lot of IEMs (mainly his new products, but he asked me to bring a bunch of my IEMs that I thought had excellent sound regardless of price). I brought a lot of different things - including the new JVCs. The S500 was the only headphone I brought with me. It probably had 40 hours burn-in on it at the time (maybe a little bit over 50). The S500 was the only phone I let him listen to that seemed to impress him somewhat (meaning he asked a few questions about it and about the carbon nanotubes technology). He even seemed more interested in the sound of the S500 than the sound of the D70 or D80 (which makes sense to me since as good as both are they don't really compete as a whole against the Aurisonics products). So Dale Lott doesn't seem to like a lot of things that not his creations (or if does he keeps a poker face about it). But he didn't keep a poker face when hearing the S500, and he was shocked about the price too. Take this anyway you want to take it.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #219 of 8,352
Listening to my FXD80 now in anticipation for the S500 to ship. Paid the bicycle man from japan past weekend and it's still not shipped yet. PMed him over ebay and no reply.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #222 of 8,352
I am watching Judge Dredd Blueray. Using the HA-S500. Ericp. You gotta try them out with a good movie. Lol. These are prty great. I can throw the hype when warranted.. The clarity of the tuning on these is great for gaming. And watching movies. Anything you need a headphone for. Oh and music is off the chain..These make perfect laptop companions is what these are but the sound itself. You guys gonna cheat.!  Happy listening fellas.

Bjaardkers Bassdrive on front page. This works great for the earphones as well. Thank you my friend.. I hope you get a chance to test out this bass.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #223 of 8,352
Geez, if the MSRP for these phones is going to be $50, and shipping from japan is ~1 month, I'm seriously wondering when they'll become available in the US...

I can only be a matter of a couple months right?

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #224 of 8,352
Quote:
Geez, if the MSRP for these phones is going to be $50, and shipping from japan is ~1 month, I'm seriously wondering when they'll become available in the US...

I can only be a matter of a couple months right?

Does ~1 month, mean estimated from 1 week to one month? Because the ones at ebay will not take a month but 1 week or less. The price will be 71 dollars at ebay, it should be the same when it''s released in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back