The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #5,686 of 8,352
Haha I had my new s500 packed away for selling but now with those pads I decided TO BURN BABY BURN at homewhile I am away :)

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #5,687 of 8,352
^ hmmmmm tempted to get another set of S500s just to test out these damn pads LMAO, since my other 2 sets has been modded to perfection and don't want to mess with it.
triportsad.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #5,689 of 8,352
Would shoving mine full of cosmetics cotton pads and duct taping the cups be better? Or would felt be better than cotton, or a layer or cotton then felt then cotton etc...?

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #5,690 of 8,352
Quote:
MOAR LIK CHEAPFECTION! Your s500s has more (cotton)balls in it than a Vietnamese prostitute! It luuuvs the (q)tip drills don't it?!!?
biggrin.gif

Actually my S500s only have 2 balls of cotton.
wink_face.gif
BUT they are stuff to high heavens with paper towels. hoho No Qtips on these unlike those modded somics i once owned. Pad on pads doesn't need Qtips meng.

I think you are thinking of Thailand lady bois son.
tongue_smile.gif
Is unaware of Vietnamese prostitutes with balls, but you probably have personally experienced it, so who am i to judge.
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #5,695 of 8,352
So, how much should I stuff these? All the way? :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5,697 of 8,352
Quote:
So, how much should I stuff these? All the way?
biggrin.gif

"It's no bother at all, since it's head-fi after we sleep, eat, drink audio gear. ha Here is the link to my double stuffed mod. http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4200

Disregard my trolling comments and just focus on the mod. All the details are laid out on those couple of post on that page.
Stuff each stock S500 pad with one ball of stretched out cotton ball as you would do so with a piece of paper towel as the inner layer, then stuff the outer layer with a thin layer of paper towels. The cotton layer as well as the paper towel layer just needs to go around the stock pads one time, that is enough already. BUT most importantly DO NOT block the driver openings of these S500s since it is kinda wide. So stuff that cotton ring and paper towel ring real tight and good. The stock pads looks really fat after the stuffing. 

Then i just put the HM5 pads over the stuffed stock pads with the O-ring holding it in place. I stuffed the HM5 pads with couple layers of paper towels as well because the HM5 pads are too squishy, hence not holding their shape when worn for a while. The paper towels fits perfectly in gap between the gap within the HM5 pads and the stock pads. You will see when you get stuffing. For this part you can stuff as many layers as you want to make the HM5 more firm. But I just did like 3 full rings of paper towels.

If you have any more question, feel free to ask. All the details should be on the S500s thread."

That's how i stuffed my super bass S500 edition.

Quote:
lol u guys nailed the joke!

I was just "confused" tbh.
wink_face.gif
  Didn't meant for it to be funny honest.
normal_smile .gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #5,698 of 8,352
"It's no bother at all, since it's head-fi after we sleep, eat, drink audio gear. ha Here is the link to my double stuffed mod. http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4200

Disregard my trolling comments and just focus on the mod. All the details are laid out on those couple of post on that page.
Stuff each stock S500 pad with one ball of stretched out cotton ball as you would do so with a piece of paper towel as the inner layer, then stuff the outer layer with a thin layer of paper towels. The cotton layer as well as the paper towel layer just needs to go around the stock pads one time, that is enough already. BUT most importantly DO NOT block the driver openings of these S500s since it is kinda wide. So stuff that cotton ring and paper towel ring real tight and good. The stock pads looks really fat after the stuffing. 

Then i just put the HM5 pads over the stuffed stock pads with the O-ring holding it in place. I stuffed the HM5 pads with couple layers of paper towels as well because the HM5 pads are too squishy, hence not holding their shape when worn for a while. The paper towels fits perfectly in gap between the gap within the HM5 pads and the stock pads. You will see when you get stuffing. For this part you can stuff as many layers as you want to make the HM5 more firm. But I just did like 3 full rings of paper towels.

If you have any more question, feel free to ask. All the details should be on the S500s thread."

That's how i stuffed my super bass S500 edition.

I was just "confused" tbh. :wink_face:   Didn't meant for it to be funny honest.
normal_smile%20.gif
I need an O-ring... I have the HM5 pads, but haven't been Fed to order the O-Rings... :rolleyes: And I meant internal dampening, I've modded my AKG Pleathers to make a sound that I like a lot already... warmish and smoother than stock! :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,699 of 8,352
Quote:
I need an O-ring... I have the HM5 pads, but haven't been Fed to order the O-Rings...
rolleyes.gif
And I meant internal dampening, I've modded my AKG Pleathers to make a sound that I like a lot already... warmish and smoother than stock!
biggrin.gif

Can't help you there, since i just stuffed the stock pads and applied pad on pad on them. No idea what to put inside the drivers for dampening.  Some ideas from the S400 thread maybe???

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626332/the-new-jvc-ha-s400-affordable-carbon-nanotube-cans-for-the-masses/825#post_9040985

Maxx went crazy with this mod. LMAO I have yet to try it sadly.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,700 of 8,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back