The Audio Lounge
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #14,086 of 36,146
Have you checked that they are not out of phase? Whenever a bud or iem has not "sounded right" to me, it proves to be out of phase.
That's possible. It doesn't sound wrong though. Just congested or smeared when there are multiple layers of instruments. Pop songs like Ain't It Fun by Paramore loose instrument seperation in busier parts of the song.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #14,087 of 36,146
@jerick70 I read your initial impressions and I'm sorry that they are not what you were expecting. It could be burn-in, but I have rarely found that burn-in really will change much (except the IT01 I had). Have you tried them on different sources and still gave you the same sound?
Keep at it, I am really looking to see how you fare with this as I may be going through the same thing...
Yes I've tried multiple sources from my DX200Ti with AMP8 and AMP1TI to my iFi iCAN Pro feed by a X Sabre Pro. So I'm using quality sources.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #14,088 of 36,146
Apr 11, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #14,092 of 36,146
That's very possible. If that's the case it's going to be super disappointing. I was really looking forward to these.

Sorry man. I hate that feeling, when you get in some gear you were looking forward to and it falls short of expectations. I've been watching for a used pair of the Kanas Pro to go up for sale because I'm curious as well. I'll burn them in then A/B them with the DM6 using a few different sources.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #14,093 of 36,146
That's possible. It doesn't sound wrong though. Just congested or smeared when there are multiple layers of instruments. Pop songs like Ain't It Fun by Paramore loose instrument seperation in busier parts of the song.

That's very possible. If that's the case it's going to be super disappointing. I was really looking forward to these.

Sorry man. I hate that feeling, when you get in some gear you were looking forward to and it falls short of expectations. I've been watching for a used pair of the Kanas Pro to go up for sale because I'm curious as well. I'll burn them in then A/B them with the DM6 using a few different sources.

Indeed it may be the case... mine are on 140 hours I have listened but unfortunately it has been when I have had other stuff going on and want desperately to a/b these with er3xr just to get a better feel for them and what's going on, I even have considered these are not for me also as the smoothness is not my norm but I havent had a real chance to let my brain think about it yet ... I do think from what @jerick70 is describing that they may open up more with more time/burn in and from what I read and spoke to the guy I bought them from it all indicates long burn in 100 hours plus,, I also think tips and insertion depth make a difference on these, I'm using very small tips and when I used thicker tips not so deep insertion the bass seemed to calm down a bit and detail mids more noticeable .. All this is still experimental though as I have been so busy and I'm dieing to give these a fair go ... That being said it could just be there not your cup of tea and the smoothness I'm definitely not used too, we shall see and I hopefully will get proper time this afternoon.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #14,094 of 36,146
In my opinion the DM6 is my choice right now. But I'm conflicted because my Kanas Pros are not burned in all the way. Also all of the 5 star reviews of the Kanas Pro portray them differently from what I'm experiencing with them. Maybe I have a bad pair? Not sure what to think....

Hey dude this may sound a realy stupid question but you did buy the pro version ?? The just kanas sound like your describing....i still haven't had time to realy evaluate so I will listen for the smearing later dude OK but it still could be just not for you and maybe not for me all though I have enjoyed them in the back ground of work lol . I think I should be allowed time during to evaluate lol

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #14,097 of 36,146
Guys, I should have the Kanas Pro also in the next few days and will give my initial thoughts when I can.

I recently got the BGVP DMG, the Tin T2 Pro and the Titan T1, and I will fling a few comparative words together in a half coherent, half random way..........:smile_phones:

I think that we should also mention the tips that we have tried and what DAP, etc. to try to be more informative.....................

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #14,098 of 36,146
Guys, I should have the Kanas Pro also in the next few days and will give my initial thoughts when I can.

I recently got the BGVP DMG, the Tin T2 Pro and the Titan T1, and I will fling a few comparative words together in a half coherent, half random way..........:smile_phones:

I think that we should also mention the tips that we have tried and what DAP, etc. to try to be more informative.....................

Good stuff I gonna give them some brain time when I get home this afternoon, can't tell you tips though as I just try random from the loads I have.. I posted that I had tried them with x7ii and mojo .. Sorry I meant x7ii and mo I will try the mojo later

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #14,099 of 36,146
Finally a chance to just sit on the bed and see what the kanas pro are really like with hopefully no interruptions. IMG_20190412_132732.jpg

Apr 12, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #14,100 of 36,146
Good morning folks.

Feeling like I got hit by a truck, maybe some music and a large cup of coffee will help.

Have a nice day.

Good stuff:thumbsup: I'm also playing one of my favorite blues this morning:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back