The Audio Lounge
Oct 11, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #4,096 of 36,016
My dap has to be recalled for a bluetooth issue.
Goodbye dap.
Screenshot_315.png

:crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #4,097 of 36,016
Since the Swiss Audio KS campaign got canceled, I figured now I can put that money instead into backing a different wireless IEM campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eozaudio/eoz-air-worlds-most-advanced-true-wireless-earphon.
And I also joined the Massdrop Plus drop.

Now, where'd my wallet go? :D

Tempted to join but am abit worried about the term 'neutral' in terms of sound signature. I find it too vague because something that is neutral to another person might not be neutral to my ears. I do like something fun yet clarity.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #4,098 of 36,016
Tempted to join but am abit worried about the term 'neutral' in terms of sound signature. I find it too vague because something that is neutral to another person might not be neutral to my ears. I do like something fun yet clarity.

When I loooked at the FR graphs for the Massdrop Plus and the comparisons to several other IEM,s, I did notice that they are close to exactly the same as my Etymotic ER4SR,s, so I am going more for the ergonomics of the shell as my Ety,s can sometimes heart my ears after several hours. I do find it rather unusual that they would compare to other,s up to $1000 range.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #4,099 of 36,016
When I loooked at the FR graphs for the Massdrop Plus and the comparisons to several other IEM,s, I did notice that they are close to exactly the same as my Etymotic ER4SR,s, so I am going more for the ergonomics of the shell as my Ety,s can sometimes heart my ears after several hours. I do find it rather unusual that they would compare to other,s up to $1000 range.

I saw it being extremely similar to the ER4XR with a slight sub-bass/bass boost. I'm wondering how the ER4SR sounds like, may have to try it out when I have the time just to see whether I like the sound signature.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #4,101 of 36,016
Wow Jae Yoon. Are they refunding your return shipping costs then shipping the repaired dap back to you later? Or they are buying the dap back for what you paid and are keeping the dap forever?
They have a prepaid shipping label luckily.
They are keeping the dap and refunding :c

Also V that guy below is also one of things that makes this hobby look bad. He makes a post saying not to waste money on midfi products. Buys a product that is mid fi.
I remind him of his old post. He has this snobby attitude "what you think this can compare to the DX 200 AMP 3!? Which can compare to the sony W1MZ"

Like as if somehow he gained social status by having bling bling expensive portable player.
Screenshot_2017-10-12-06-56-32.png

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #4,102 of 36,016
They have a prepaid shipping label luckily.
They are keeping the dap and refunding :c

Also V that guy below is also one of things that makes this hobby look bad. He makes a post saying not to waste money on midfi products. Buys a product that is mid fi.
I remind him of his old post. He has this snobby attitude "what you think this can compare to the DX 200 AMP 3!? Which can compare to the sony W1MZ"

Like as if somehow he gained social status by having bling bling expensive portable player.

I have to give it to you Jae, I would have been so tempted to reply "Well yeah, the Benjie S5 is better than a DX200":rolling_eyes: LOL Of course that's the stuff that always gets me in trouble with the Mods as well:scream:

Jamming on a little PH this morning, Gary sounds as good in 2006 as he did my senior year in high school:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #4,103 of 36,016
I've gone back to high school today, just don't make'em like the used too:wink: From an old fuddy duddy put this one in your ears and enjoy young whiper-snappers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The decay on Robin's strings sound pretty sweet on this rig:thumbsup:

Hybrid Party.jpg

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #4,104 of 36,016
I have to give it to you Jae, I would have been so tempted to reply "Well yeah, the Benjie S5 is better than a DX200":rolling_eyes: LOL Of course that's the stuff that always gets me in trouble with the Mods as well:scream:

Jamming on a little PH this morning, Gary sounds as good in 2006 as he did my senior year in high school:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha I posted that the electrical signals that go through dx200 are same things that go through Benjie S5/m3s for 1000x less the cost.
In that thread.

Only thing is AMP 3 add distortion to make sound. Sound different, like how midgetguy mentioned that tube amps use distortion to affect the sound.

If anyones interested..benjies internals and its dac measures pretty good if not perfect
I found a measurement.
It's actually very close to top players like Opus #2 and questyle qp1r.

Like the actual specs are like just a few numbers below the top players in thd and harmonic distortion and other nonsense.

Kind of opens the eyes really.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #4,105 of 36,016

Addresses please:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
What's your address or one you've got access to? Little do those cards know they're sending those scissors right back to you!

I too joined for the Massdrop Plus. But am wondering how the Brainwavz B400 would compare as I am really liking that Green Rage shell color. Then again looking at the 64 Audio U6 also because I would only have to wait about a week.
I'm gonna guess it would be a close one with the praise the B400 is garnering. You've got some tough decisions there, but the biggest reason to go for the B400 or Massdrop Plus is probably because they cost so much less than the U6. I've run the gamut of listening from the $20 stuff to the $1500 items and right now, I'm sitting very happily in the mid-tier range. It used to be that a lot of the mid-tier stuff wasn't quite as ergonomic for some reason as the higher-end, not sure why. But now, we've got great options that are both ergonomic and offer 90% the performance of the flagships. I saw some posts from a user who I know from here and they really liked the Massdrop Plus, so I'm thinking this should be pretty good.

Neutral does mean different things to different people. I saw posts from a user who, in the FS/FT forums here, sold me their Supra (a KS edition, no less) and I've loved it for the past several years now. It's my personal neutral reference and actually just may happen to be a great measure of what the Massdrop Plus will sound like. After I had listened to it for a little bit, I looked up a few reviews which praised it sonic ability (unsurprisingly), but also likened it to being a baby UERM. And now along comes the Massdrop Plus which is being quoted to have a UERM-like sound with a little boost to the bass. So theoretically, it could be like the Supra, but with a boost to the bass and I'd be quite happy to have that sitting around. Not to mention that ergonomic shell design. My Supra is easily aesthetically way better-looking than the Massdrop Plus though :p

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #4,107 of 36,016
Hungry, you can actually get both to sync at the same time:thinking:

Oct 12, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #4,109 of 36,016
I know I had to get 2 bluetooth cables, one mmcx the other 2 pin

I was just pulling your leg:wink: Less of course you actually have two heads:open_mouth: Having that same cable issue with my balanced ZS6 cable as I've only got MMXC's right now:rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back