The Audio Lounge
Oct 9, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,081 of 36,103
Afternoon all

As they have been discussed a few times on here recently, for anyone who is interested I have just popped some brief impressions of the 64 Audio U8 w/M20 module up on the other blog I write on - full review to follow in a few weeks hopefully.

As always, any comments/suggestions very much appreciated - TL;DR is that I was surprised how much I enjoyed the tuning, and that they definitely play well with higher impedance sources (step forward, Shanling M2S).

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/10/06/64-audio-unboxing-and-initial-impressions/

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #4,087 of 36,103
Oct 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #4,088 of 36,103
I am currently trying to decide on 4 phones. On one side, I am weighing the AQ NightOwl against the Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed. On the other side, I am weighing the 64 Audio U8 against the new IBasso IT04.

I can chose only one. I can try none before buying. I like all the reviews (except the IT04 is not out yet but love my IT03) and have to wait for some muse or divine intervention to help me decide. None of these I need but desperately want all of them. Time will help me sort this out. Commissions will come up soon and knowing how I did last quarter in sales is not encouraging.

heavy sigh...

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #4,089 of 36,103
I am currently trying to decide on 4 phones. On one side, I am weighing the AQ NightOwl against the Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed. On the other side, I am weighing the 64 Audio U8 against the new IBasso IT04.

I can chose only one. I can try none before buying. I like all the reviews (except the IT04 is not out yet but love my IT03) and have to wait for some muse or divine intervention to help me decide. None of these I need but desperately want all of them. Time will help me sort this out. Commissions will come up soon and knowing how I did last quarter in sales is not encouraging.

heavy sigh...
I vote for 64 audio.

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #4,090 of 36,103
Thanks for the vote. I have heard great things about each which makes it harder to decide. It may be more basic, over-ear vs IEM...

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #4,091 of 36,103

heavy sigh...
I was like you too.

Nightowl vs Aeon.

Nightowl is cheaper, but Aeon has a cooler teardrop shape.

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #4,092 of 36,103
Since the Swiss Audio KS campaign got canceled, I figured now I can put that money instead into backing a different wireless IEM campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eozaudio/eoz-air-worlds-most-advanced-true-wireless-earphon.
And I also joined the Massdrop Plus drop.

Now, where'd my wallet go? :D

LOL, you know how Ceasar played by Dom DeLouis in Mel Brooks film "History of the World" takes a Treasure Bath? I think I have enough now to take an iem bath!

I keep telling myself enough is enough and then Brain Wavz goes and releases that dang B400 in Jolly Rancher colors!

The wallet is not my problem @Midgetguy it's all those plastic cards inside the wallet, now where did I put those dang scissors:fearful:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #4,093 of 36,103
LOL, you know how Ceasar played by Dom DeLouis in Mel Brooks film "History of the World" takes a Treasure Bath? I think I have enough now to take an iem bath!

I keep telling myself enough is enough and then Brain Wavz goes and releases that dang B400 in Jolly Rancher colors!

The wallet is not my problem @Midgetguy it's all those plastic cards inside the wallet, now where did I put those dang scissors:fearful:
Just a guess, but I'm gonna say those plastic cards bought a box to send the scissors out to someone in need :wink:

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #4,094 of 36,103
image.jpg
Just a guess, but I'm gonna say those plastic cards bought a box to send the scissors out to someone in need :wink:

Addresses please:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #4,095 of 36,103
Since the Swiss Audio KS campaign got canceled, I figured now I can put that money instead into backing a different wireless IEM campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eozaudio/eoz-air-worlds-most-advanced-true-wireless-earphon.
And I also joined the Massdrop Plus drop.

Now, where'd my wallet go? :D

I too joined for the Massdrop Plus. But am wondering how the Brainwavz B400 would compare as I am really liking that Green Rage shell color. Then again looking at the 64 Audio U6 also because I would only have to wait about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back