The Audio Lounge
Oct 12, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #4,112 of 36,100
Oct 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #4,113 of 36,100
They have a prepaid shipping label luckily.
They are keeping the dap and refunding :c

Also V that guy below is also one of things that makes this hobby look bad. He makes a post saying not to waste money on midfi products. Buys a product that is mid fi.
I remind him of his old post. He has this snobby attitude "what you think this can compare to the DX 200 AMP 3!? Which can compare to the sony W1MZ"

Like as if somehow he gained social status by having bling bling expensive portable player.

Bro, I just blasted a guy last night for the something of the same nature. it was a thread that i don't even read, i just clicked on it by accident and somehow read his post.

he said something like " you have bad ears or bad gear because you can't hear the difference between a iphone 6s and a mojo" How are you gonna attack someone like that?! **** him.

Might have been because I just came back from a long trip and was easily irritable, but still...

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #4,114 of 36,100
Bro, I just blasted a guy last night for the something of the same nature. it was a thread that i don't even read, i just clicked on it by accident and somehow read his post.

he said something like " you have bad ears or bad gear because you can't hear the difference between a iphone 6s and a mojo" How are you gonna attack someone like that?! **** him.

Might have been because I just came back from a long trip and was easily irritable, but still...
JaeYoon is a female not a male.

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,116 of 36,100

There are things that can get your blood boiling for sure!!!

@harpo1 :p no worries haha

I still have one dap left after shanling recall!
But my Empire Ears Athena V-III arrived!! Woohoo dat amethyst purple!!
20171012_155331_HDR.jpg

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #4,117 of 36,100
ohhh, let me update all of you on the x7 that i got from jae.

I didn't get to listen to it much to give you and impression on the sound but I think i know why they guy literally trashed it.

It was a probably a combination of the software being buggy and always crashing but the hardware was faulty too. when i first got it from jae, the amp had something wrong with it. I couldn't get power to one side of my iems. I had to take it apart and plug it back in for it to work. When i finally got it to work something else happened, it was shocking me. I think there was a short somewhere where it would shock my ears when i had the iems in my ears. I thought i was going crazy until it happen continuously. I think what happened was the short probably killed one of the owners set and he just got fed up and just trashed it.

So yeah, if i had paid for x7 and all of this was happening to me, I think I would have done the same thing. i don't wish this kind of evil on anybody. Last thing i'm gonna do is probably get another amp for cheap and try it out again.

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #4,118 of 36,100

I didn't get to listen to it much to give you and impression on the sound but I think i know why they guy literally trashed it.

It was a probably a combination of the software being buggy and always crashing but the hardware was faulty too. when i first got it from jae, the amp had something wrong with it. I couldn't get power to one side of my iems. I had to take it apart and plug it back in for it to work. When i finally got it to work something else happened, it was shocking me. I think there was a short somewhere where it would shock my ears when i had the iems in my ears. I thought i was going crazy until it happen continuously. I think what happened was the short probably killed one of the owners set and he just got fed up and just trashed it.

So yeah, if i had paid for x7 and all of this was happening to me, I think I would have done the same thing. i don't wish this kind of evil on anybody. Last thing i'm gonna do is probably get another amp for cheap and try it out again.
Whoa that's scary. I'm surprised that didn't happen to me.

I honestly have no idea what would have happened if I kept it. I didn't notice this.

Well now we know why they threw it in trash.
:c

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #4,119 of 36,100

Or instead of spending money on a new amp you could just sent the X7 to me since I have four amps for it.:wink:

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #4,120 of 36,100
Whoa that's scary. I'm surprised that didn't happen to me.

I honestly have no idea what would have happened if I kept it. I didn't notice this.

Well now we know why they threw it in trash.

Yeah, luckily i had my vsd1 plugged into it and not my expensive sets. would have been pretty mad if it had happened to my angies or isines. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it did, it was constant.
:c
Or instead of spending money on a new amp you could just sent the X7 to me since I have four amps for it.:wink:

or you can sell me one of them :ksc75smile:

i'll let you know. I'm getting a v30 today, if it doesn't play dsd natively then i'm gonna make this sucker work.

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #4,122 of 36,100

I mean, it's pretty new.....wouldn't the reasonable thing to do be just to send it back for warranty repair or a refund? Cuz all they succeeded in doing was literally throwing $300 into a dumpster.

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #4,123 of 36,100
I mean, it's pretty new.....wouldn't the reasonable thing to do be just to send it back for warranty repair or a refund? Cuz all they succeeded in doing was literally throwing $300 into a dumpster.
I know for sure I would've done that if my iems zapped me for sure.

If someone had Zeus IEM. They might've mistakened the olympus deities trying to send them a message.
:joy::scream_cat:

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #4,124 of 36,100
What's your address or one you've got access to? Little do those cards know they're sending those scissors right back to you!

I'm gonna guess it would be a close one with the praise the B400 is garnering. You've got some tough decisions there, but the biggest reason to go for the B400 or Massdrop Plus is probably because they cost so much less than the U6. I've run the gamut of listening from the $20 stuff to the $1500 items and right now, I'm sitting very happily in the mid-tier range. It used to be that a lot of the mid-tier stuff wasn't quite as ergonomic for some reason as the higher-end, not sure why. But now, we've got great options that are both ergonomic and offer 90% the performance of the flagships. I saw some posts from a user who I know from here and they really liked the Massdrop Plus, so I'm thinking this should be pretty good.

Neutral does mean different things to different people. I saw posts from a user who, in the FS/FT forums here, sold me their Supra (a KS edition, no less) and I've loved it for the past several years now. It's my personal neutral reference and actually just may happen to be a great measure of what the Massdrop Plus will sound like. After I had listened to it for a little bit, I looked up a few reviews which praised it sonic ability (unsurprisingly), but also likened it to being a baby UERM. And now along comes the Massdrop Plus which is being quoted to have a UERM-like sound with a little boost to the bass. So theoretically, it could be like the Supra, but with a boost to the bass and I'd be quite happy to have that sitting around. Not to mention that ergonomic shell design. My Supra is easily aesthetically way better-looking than the Massdrop Plus though :p

I probably just have this impression on neutral sound signatures, I always imagine them to be thin or flat sounding much like a pair of AKG's I've tried in the past and that gave me an impression that neutral sound signatures are not for me. However, I guess growing up my tastes have matured and I find myself appreciating more clarity and less bass as compared to before. I used to only care about the quantity of bass, but now there are other factors to look at too. The biggest noticeable difference for me was I used to adore the HD650 but when I tried it 4 months ago, I found the mid-bass too much for me which is funny. Ended up with the 600's due to it's natural-ness. Tough decisions regarding the Plus because it does sound like a steal, just Massdrop people complaining about driver quantities and prices...

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,125 of 36,100
I probably just have this impression on neutral sound signatures, I always imagine them to be thin or flat sounding much like a pair of AKG's I've tried in the past and that gave me an impression that neutral sound signatures are not for me. However, I guess growing up my tastes have matured and I find myself appreciating more clarity and less bass as compared to before. I used to only care about the quantity of bass, but now there are other factors to look at too. The biggest noticeable difference for me was I used to adore the HD650 but when I tried it 4 months ago, I found the mid-bass too much for me which is funny. Ended up with the 600's due to it's natural-ness. Tough decisions regarding the Plus because it does sound like a steal, just Massdrop people complaining about driver quantities and prices...
Yeah the AkG 7xx neutral flat. Is like flat....like a average girl from Japan type of flat. Literally.

It's great for mixing. But for listening it can be super boring to some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back