The Audio Lounge
Oct 8, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,066 of 36,104
@Midgetguy Regarding the Massdrop plus iem- what are multiple crossover points?
Screenshot_20171008-160245.jpg

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #4,067 of 36,104
Looking at the FR graph, pretty similar to the Ety eh? I'm pretty bad at analysing FR graphs, but has anyone tried them?

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #4,069 of 36,104
Regarding the Massdrop plus iem, they have to be working with someone! Massdrop didn't exist 20 years ago! This is driving me crazy, I wish they would just say. :D

Screenshot_20171008-183856.jpg

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #4,070 of 36,104
@Midgetguy Regarding the Massdrop plus iem- what are multiple crossover points?
Well, they say multiple, but they mean two :p. Crossover points refer to where one driver stops handling a frequency and another driver takes over. So for their setup, it's gonna be 2 drivers doing bass (one could do the very low subbass and the other could do high subbass and the midbass, just an example) and then 1 driver does the mids and highs. At least that's how I interpret crossover points.

Regarding the Massdrop plus iem, they have to be working with someone! Massdrop didn't exist 20 years ago! This is driving me crazy, I wish they would just say. :D

The 20-year thing is referring to the fact that musicians have been using CIEMs for 20 years now. It all likelihood, they've probably got the thousands of molds since I think people had to send in their molds to be scanned whenever they got CIEM drops on MD, ones like the CustomArt EI.xx or the AAW custom drop. I think they've had UERM drops too.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #4,071 of 36,104
Well, they say multiple, but they mean two :p. Crossover points refer to where one driver stops handling a frequency and another driver takes over. So for their setup, it's gonna be 2 drivers doing bass (one could do the very low subbass and the other could do high subbass and the midbass, just an example) and then 1 driver does the mids and highs. At least that's how I interpret crossover points.

The 20-year thing is referring to the fact that musicians have been using CIEMs for 20 years now. It all likelihood, they've probably got the thousands of molds since I think people had to send in their molds to be scanned whenever they got CIEM drops on MD, ones like the CustomArt EI.xx or the AAW custom drop. I think they've had UERM drops too.
Ahhhhh ha. I didn't know they curated the impressions for their drops. If that's the case then it makes sense.

What you're describing as a crossover is how I always understood it. I thought the literature was implying more than one crossover setup. :call_me: :call_me:

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #4,072 of 36,104
Ahhhhh ha. I didn't know they curated the impressions for their drops. If that's the case then it makes sense.

What you're describing as a crossover is how I always understood it. I thought the literature was implying more than one crossover setup. :call_me: :call_me:
Two is more than one....but enough to warrant use of the word "multiple"? I'm not convinced lol.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #4,073 of 36,104
Went for a visit to my parents house today. I had Andromeda & Mojo tag along with me in hopes of maybe introducing my Mother to hi-res audio for the first time.
At first she wasn't interested, but when she realized it was important to me she relented(Mom has always been great in sharing in other peoples joy)...
I wasn't sure what tracks I should play for her, so I played a variety, just bits and pieces of different songs. I could tell she was captivated by what she was hearing, kept repeating how clear everything sounded...
After I had her reeled in, an idea struck... I looked over at my Father and said "I'll bet I can make her cry"! His smile had skepticism, but it also had some approval... So I played this...,

This isn't the first time I've made my Mother cry, but I'd bet it's the first time I didn't feel bad about it.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #4,074 of 36,104
Went for a visit to my parents house today. I had Andromeda & Mojo tag along with me in hopes of maybe introducing my Mother to hi-res audio for the first time.
At first she wasn't interested, but when she realized it was important to me she relented(Mom has always been great in sharing in other peoples joy)...
I wasn't sure what tracks I should play for her, so I played a variety, just bits and pieces of different songs. I could tell she was captivated by what she was hearing, kept repeating how clear everything sounded...
After I had her reeled in, an idea struck... I looked over at my Father and said "I'll bet I can make her cry"! His smile had skepticism, but it also had some approval... So I played this...,

This isn't the first time I've made my Mother cry, but I'd bet it's the first time I didn't feel bad about it.

Great story. I love it. :call_me:

Oct 9, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #4,079 of 36,104

Do you have to get her an Andromeda and Mojo now? :p

I started my morning with a bit of Macklemore. One of the best songs on the album:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back