The Audio Lounge
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #36,016 of 36,081
Moody Blues founding member Mike Pinder dead at 82

1714100665391.png

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #36,018 of 36,081

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #36,020 of 36,081
I think Schiit will fix my Vali 2 for free, just sent it back to them. But even if they do, I just bought the Vali 3 and the Loki Mini EQ. That way I can use the fixed Vali 2 in my office, while retaining the same cache of tubes I've accumulated. It's definitely been a schiit day.

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #36,022 of 36,081
I think Schiit will fix my Vali 2 for free, just sent it back to them. But even if they do, I just bought the Vali 3 and the Loki Mini EQ. That way I can use the fixed Vali 2 in my office, while retaining the same cache of tubes I've accumulated. It's definitely been a schiit day.
Nice pickup. You'll have to let us know what you think about the Vali 3 and Loki.

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #36,024 of 36,081
The Audeze case arrived this morning, super quality item. Works great for my modded M1060C's. Hope those of you that bought one gets it soon.

1000009193.jpg
1000009192.jpg
Again appreciate the heads up on this case👍🏼 Had been considering for a while and makes a perfect home for my babies (Senn 600’s) :beerchug:

IMG_7086.jpeg

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #36,025 of 36,081
FatFreqs with the Effects Cadmus! The fit of the Scarlets is awesome. Best fitting IEM I've owned. The Effects Audio cables really help too. The combo fits like a glove.

17142309563637382778102874663485.jpg

That is a damn good looking cable. I've got a quote request in at Hart Audio for a custom cable for the Scarlets with a cool color combo.

The Scarlets are my best fitting IEMs too. Well, other than the little IMR Dawns, which is a 5mm single driver super tiny IEM. But the Scarlets fit the contours of my ears better than any other IEM I've had.

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #36,026 of 36,081
Again appreciate the heads up on this case👍🏼 Had been considering for a while and makes a perfect home for my babies (Senn 600’s) :beerchug:

IMG_7086.jpeg

No problem homie 🤘. Glad some of us got to snag such a good case on the cheap. It almost looks like it was made for your Senns, if only it didn't have the cutouts for the yoke rods on the Audezes.

Unfortunately I had to cut the foam in the center to fit my M1060C's so the case probably won't be good for much else now. I should've bought 1 or 2 more at that price. Oh well, hindsight and all that, lol.

1714234447173.png

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #36,027 of 36,081
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #36,028 of 36,081
That is a damn good looking cable. I've got a quote request in at Hart Audio for a custom cable for the Scarlets with a cool color combo.

The Scarlets are my best fitting IEMs too. Well, other than the little IMR Dawns, which is a 5mm single driver super tiny IEM. But the Scarlets fit the contours of my ears better than any other IEM I've had.
Thanks bro. I like it a lot. Trying to decide which Effects cable I like.

I finally have some time today to listen to my new setup in a quiet space. I switched back to the Eros S and it's really good. I'm not having the volume issues I was. Maybe my new office is louder than I thought. 🤔 I'm down to 60 volume level in high. I also found out that the M23 has a super high gain setting. You have to have a PD 3.0 charger plugged in to use it. Sucks a lot of power. I think the Scarlets sun's best in the super high setting. I though that higher gain was supposed to reduce sound quality, but the super high really brings out the best in the Scarlets. There's a lot more micro detail with the super high gain.

The Eros S 1st anny is really really detailed, but still warm with the Scarlets. The silver/copper cable mix really gives an interesting sound signature. Really like the synergy. I still need to give the Cadmus Zeos cable a good listen. The Eros S has a better aesthetic with the Scarlets though, so may stick with it. I also need to give the cable that came with the Scarlets a listen.

Something that I want to mention.... Back in the first days of my head-fi journey I tried a lot of sound cards in my computer. The one that I loved was the M-Audio Revolution 5.1. I really really loved the natural smooth sound signature. The stopped supporting it after Windows XP and there was no way to use it with Windows after that. I've been looking for the same sound signature for a long time and the M23 is the same but with better fidelity.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #36,030 of 36,081
Thanks bro. I like it a lot. Trying to decide which Effects cable I like.

I finally have some time today to listen to my new setup in a quiet space. I switched back to the Eros S and it's really good. I'm not having the volume issues I was. Maybe my new office is louder than I thought. 🤔 I'm down to 60 volume level in high. I also found out that the M23 has a super high gain setting. You have to have a PD 3.0 charger plugged in to use it. Sucks a lot of power. I think the Scarlets sun's best in the super high setting. I though that higher gain was supposed to reduce sound quality, but the super high really brings out the best in the Scarlets. There's a lot more micro detail with the super high gain.

The Eros S 1st anny is really really detailed, but still warm with the Scarlets. The silver/copper cable mix really gives an interesting sound signature. Really like the synergy. I still need to give the Cadmus Zeos cable a good listen. The Eros S has a better aesthetic with the Scarlets though, so may stick with it. I also need to give the cable that came with the Scarlets a listen.

Something that I want to mention.... Back in the first days of my head-fi journey I tried a lot of sound cards in my computer. The one that I loved was the M-Audio Revolution 5.1. I really really loved the natural smooth sound signature. The stopped supporting it after Windows XP and there was no way to use it with Windows after that. I've been looking for the same sound signature for a long time and the M23 is the same but with better fidelity.

Your Eros S goes real well with the Scarlets. Better aesthetically than the purple of the Cadmus. But that Cadmus is still an awesome looking cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back