The Audio Lounge
Oct 6, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #4,036 of 36,016
In case you got money and you didn't know - -

Screenshot_20171005-211202.jpg

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #4,038 of 36,016
Where's the problem @chillaxing buy both and be happy. :D

Whattt?!?!?
Fields of Gold was by Eva Cassidy?! Until just now, I'd always believed it was written by Sting!
My word.. I've never really listened to Eva Cassidy in my defence.
But after hearing that song by her, I think I'll make time to do so :)
Is she playing the guitar too? Or if not, then who is? That's some lovely guitar right there!

She covered a lot of songs, Fields of Gold is one of them and for me it's better than the original from Sting.
She and Keith Grimes playing guitar.

Good morning everyone.

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #4,040 of 36,016
^ you my friend, is evil.....

i'm about to drop some cash on the v30 and you go and show me this!? pure evil
:D I figured someone might feel bad if they missed it. :call_me: :call_me: and yeah, buy both :D

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4,045 of 36,016
Anybody have any insight as to what these may sound like? Are they based on an IEM already out there or something new?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdr...leCampaignId=179242&iterableTemplateId=257801
Awww man, why'd you have to post this here? Now I have to get one lol :p. Looks very interesting. From how it reads, this thing is totally new and homegrown by MassDrop and whatever sound design engineers they work with (presumably some of the same people that help them do their tweaks on MD audio collaborations). If you haven't already gone to the discussion page, they put up some more detail about what they were intending to do with this IEM. Seems to me like an interesting configuration using two BAs for bass and a single one for the mids/highs. I'm very curious about the fit as well since they look a bit different from the likes of InEar and Empire Ears, which also use the technique of averaging hundreds of custom shells to make a custom-looking universal shell.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #4,046 of 36,016
Oct 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #4,047 of 36,016
Oct 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #4,050 of 36,016
You're correct ! Discussion says that..

And Price target is "Under or at $299".
- Seems high for a "New" Manufacturer of IEM's, As that is what Massdrop says they are doing.
If @Brooko's right (and there's a pretty good chance of that one), then it might not be that high of a price. After all, RHA has been making IEMs for a while now, with the T20 being about $200 at the time it released. I'd be willing to bet that their estimate really just means it's gonna be priced at $300 when the drop becomes active next Tuesday. Still, even if we assume RHA to be the one MassDrop is working hand in hand, this is still pretty new territory for them as far as I know. All of the RHA IEMs that I know of are composed solely of dynamic drivers in varying configurations, as opposed to this MassDrop Plus which is a purely balanced armature affair. But because of the description about that sound signature, of course, I'm quite interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back