The Hybrid IEM Thread... The Best of Both Worlds?
Feb 2, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #136 of 236
Sure! Definitely will post impressions if I manage to lay my hands on a pair!
smily_headphones1.gif
I read his review too. Seems like he preferred the VSD3 over the T2. I do own a VSD3 too.. Wondering if it's still worth it to try out T2.

Perhaps in time I'll give the T2 a go (or the rumored T2 Pro, whatever's different about that). But for now, I think I'll just keep going with the Havi B3 Pro 1 for just a bit. They're still solid IEMs.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #137 of 236
Perhaps in time I'll give the T2 a go (or the rumored T2 Pro, whatever's different about that). But for now, I think I'll just keep going with the Havi B3 Pro 1 for just a bit. They're still solid IEMs.
I agree with a lot of Twister6's review.

The T2 had a lot of hype and didn't live up to it IMHO.

There's something about them that makes them sound disjointed and lacking resolution. The highs are smoothed out and don't have very much definition.

Honestly, to my ears it seems to have a lack of resolution from top to bottom that makes it sub par. It's like the technology is there, but the execution in tuning wasn't. EQ does help to a certain extent.

The build on them us superb so I'll give them points for that.

All in all, I feel the astrotec ax35 and Sidy dgs100 were both better performing hybrids at a cheaper asking price.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #138 of 236
Hybrid IEM is good when you can get some punches of dynamics with richful details and ambient of armature. However, they fail to deliver for most of the time. Most hybrid IEMs would tune dynamic driver for either excessive bass that blows midrange away producing veild dark tone or play safe with brigher sound as weak sub woofer that doesn't blend with midrange.

I was searching for decent IEMS with good dynamics and rich sound but found none so far. All BA ones disappointed me including all flagships IEMs. Some dynamics catch my attention but not in high price. I planned to buy IE800 but got Mikros 70 instead. I kept searching but couldn't find worthy pair to own. Then I looked for hybrid and the most acceptable ones is Ultrasone IQ which is too expensive for its performance.

Now I'm modding my own T2 for the fun. It's unexpectedly good. Some DN2000 users were shocked after hearing mine :D

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #139 of 236
  Hybrid IEM is good when you can get some punches of dynamics with richful details and ambient of armature. However, they fail to deliver for most of the time. Most hybrid IEMs would tune dynamic driver for either excessive bass that blows midrange away producing veild dark tone or play safe with brigher sound as weak sub woofer that doesn't blend with midrange.

I was searching for decent IEMS with good dynamics and rich sound but found none so far. All BA ones disappointed me including all flagships IEMs. Some dynamics catch my attention but not in high price. I planned to buy IE800 but got Mikros 70 instead. I kept searching but couldn't find worthy pair to own. Then I looked for hybrid and the most acceptable ones is Ultrasone IQ which is too expensive for its performance.

Now I'm modding my own T2 for the fun. It's unexpectedly good. Some DN2000 users were shocked after hearing mine :D

Same here, I don't really like most of the BA phones, the bass sounds stiff, the decay is kinda weird and gives a artificial impression overall for me. 

Dynamic drivers on the other hand lack accuracy and details, but produce a much livelier, often bigger and more fun sound with their better and natural-sounding bass response.

A well-done hybrid would be a dream for me.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #141 of 236
  Same here, I don't really like most of the BA phones, the bass sounds stiff, the decay is kinda weird and gives a artificial impression overall for me. 

Dynamic drivers on the other hand lack accuracy and details, but produce a much livelier, often bigger and more fun sound with their better and natural-sounding bass response.

A well-done hybrid would be a dream for me.

My thoughts exactly so far for differences between BA and dynamic. Waiting on a set of Fidue A83s though to see how that'll be. Was interesting to me and it seems like it's a good one to investigate. I'm not well-versed in audiophiledom though so I don't think my impressions will offer much insight

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #142 of 236

My thoughts exactly so far for differences between BA and dynamic. Waiting on a set of Fidue A83s though to see how that'll be. Was interesting to me and it seems like it's a good one to investigate. I'm not well-versed in audiophiledom though so I don't think my impressions will offer much insight

Good luck, I got myself a pair of Earsonics SM64 recently, while the typical BA sound is not as prominent as on other BA phones, I still hear the characteristics of it in the SM64.... 

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #143 of 236
I think the purpose of Hybrid should be more like enhancing accuracy and details on dynamics rather than the other way around.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #144 of 236
  I think the purpose of Hybrid should be more like enhancing accuracy and details on dynamics rather than the other way around.

I was under the impression that is was brought about in order to reap the benefits of each type - the best of both worlds. to get air (bass) moving for BA IEMs, which can in some instances be lacking - and to add accuracy added to DD IEMs - which can sound veiled when reproducing bass notes.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #145 of 236
And we didn't get hybrid that could deliver the best of both worlds with that idea till now. In the end of the day, it comes down to a choice between choosing dynamic or details as the main dish. Focus is about saying no to other good things for chosen one.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #146 of 236

Good luck, I got myself a pair of Earsonics SM64 recently, while the typical BA sound is not as prominent as on other BA phones, I still hear the characteristics of it in the SM64.... 

As a triple-BA, for it to not have the typical BA sound might already be pretty decent. I'm hoping for exactly what a hybrid advertises when I get a run at the Fidue A83. The nice natural response of a good dynamic plus the accuracy and detail of a good BA setup. What I like about your SM64s is that jack; l-jacks are my more preferred ones over straight jacks, though I hear good things about the A83 cable to I'm hoping it doesn't bother me too much.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #150 of 236
Worth the wait - still my favourite hybrid (at least until I get to hear the DN-2000J anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back