The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 28, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #4,187 of 6,859
A longshot...but anyone using the Sony XB-N3 balanced out on the r3 ?
How is body/fullness on balanced.....Had the HFM Supermini and while the separation/soundstage were great, it lacked that "body and fullness" you get LO to a headphone amp such as Cayin C5...but converely I'd lose that resolution and separation going LO to the Cayin C5 single-end...

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #4,188 of 6,859
IMG_20180828_192831.jpg

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #4,189 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs , do you know if Hiby is still going to implement a feature to help us identify the songs that cause the database update feature to lock up? I have over 6000 songs and one song (or more) causes the scan to lock up and force a hard power cycle. Right now I still have the work-around of using the Files menu, but I'd like to take advantage of the tags setup in the tracks.

This feature was mentioned about a month ago after I submitted a ticket for this issue.

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4,190 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs , do you know if Hiby is still going to implement a feature to help us identify the songs that cause the database update feature to lock up? I have over 6000 songs and one song (or more) causes the scan to lock up and force a hard power cycle. Right now I still have the work-around of using the Files menu, but I'd like to take advantage of the tags setup in the tracks.

This feature was mentioned about a month ago after I submitted a ticket for this issue.

This has been implemented on the latest firmware. Create a text file with a few words on it (say "test") on a file called debug_info.txt and put it in the micro SD card in the R3 outside of any subdirectories, and debug info about the scanning process (among other things, I suppose) should be generated during a library scan.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 28, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4,191 of 6,859
This has been implemented on the latest firmware. Create a text file with a few words on it (say "test") on a file called debug_info.txt and put it in the micro SD card in the R3 outside of any subdirectories, and debug info about the scanning process (among other things, I suppose) should be generated during a library scan.

Thank you very much, Joe! This feature will help a lot in identifying at least which tracks are causing problems.

As an aside, I've done what you said and I'm going to assume the last file it logs is the the one that's causing the problem. It's interesting as it's not a file I would have assumed would be causing an issue ("3-12 Finale Part 2 ~ Genesis of Destruction (The Final Battle) [Various Artists]" from the OC Remix of Final Fantasy IV). I'll continue to play with it and see how it goes.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #4,192 of 6,859
Aug 28, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #4,193 of 6,859
A longshot...but anyone using the Sony XB-N3 balanced out on the r3 ?
How is body/fullness on balanced.....Had the HFM Supermini and while the separation/soundstage were great, it lacked that "body and fullness" you get LO to a headphone amp such as Cayin C5...but converely I'd lose that resolution and separation going LO to the Cayin C5 single-end...

Same question for HiBy Seeds Earphone 2.5mm, has anyone tried them with HiBy?
Is it worth enough for the money?
Thanks

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #4,195 of 6,859
When you swip down from the top of the screen it shows 8 icons. Can someone tell me what the third one from the left in the top row is?
DLNA

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #4,197 of 6,859
Same question for HiBy Seeds Earphone 2.5mm, has anyone tried them with HiBy?
Is it worth enough for the money?
Thanks
I have ordered these with my R3 and I like them, but I have not much experience with high end or even mid range IEMs.

As I have just upgraded from an old Cowon D2 DAP, I only have a Fiio FH1 to compare the Seeds with in this price range. I slightly prefer the Seeds, but that's just personal taste. Can't tell you exactly why.

On the other hand, the FH1 came with a balanced cable that also fits on my much cheaper Tennmak Pro and Piano IEMs. That last one is what I am currently using and it sounds better using the 2.5 balanced output. It lacks some of the detail from the Seeds, but the overall sound is very impressive for such a cheap solution.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,198 of 6,859
So I'm wirelessly downloading, & this is the 1st thing it shows after the checking for new firmware message...

iz8b28.jpg

Just in case it makes a difference, the last update I did by manually downloading from the link given on here

If it's really 1.12, that may explain the error I get when it tries to install

I had the same thing, manual update to 1.12 using the link posted earlier. Then it said there's an update to 1.13 but the update wouldn't go through. So my R3 is still on 1.12 as of now. Perhaps the update is not ready for prime time yet?

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #4,199 of 6,859
I have ordered these with my R3 and I like them, but I have not much experience with high end or even mid range IEMs.

As I have just upgraded from an old Cowon D2 DAP, I only have a Fiio FH1 to compare the Seeds with in this price range. I slightly prefer the Seeds, but that's just personal taste. Can't tell you exactly why.

On the other hand, the FH1 came with a balanced cable that also fits on my much cheaper Tennmak Pro and Piano IEMs. That last one is what I am currently using and it sounds better using the 2.5 balanced output. It lacks some of the detail from the Seeds, but the overall sound is very impressive for such a cheap solution.
Thanks, dont know what to buy on balanced 2.5mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back