The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 30, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #4,204 of 6,859
What are you after bass or clarity. Price range?

I am happy with my Etymotics ER4PT (the idea of as mine is not MMCX as a reason for new ones as @Mouseman suggests is really good - need my wife to understand this lol)

So neutral, spacious and detuals, for classic rock abd jazz, and mainly guitar and vocals. $100-200 price range.

Thanks

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #4,206 of 6,859
Anyone else having trouble updating to firmware 1.12? I'm on 1.11.

With OTA, I get "Uknown Error" message and via Micro sd, I get a "v_v file error" and "v_v failed".

I have tried resetting the device and still have the same issue.

Same error for me when trying to update to the 1.12 downloaded from the web page.

Initially I could not copy the file to the sd card when connecting R3 to the PC, like if it was read only. At mounting time I got a format warning. I extracted the sd and connected it directly to the PC. Then I could copy the .upt file to the sd. I repaired the file system wtith chkdsk, who corrected the Tidal folder (I have never used Tidal in the R3). Still unable to update: it produced the same v_v error.

I redownloaded the file from the webpage and copied it into the R3, connecting it to the PC. This worked, but next connection of USB cable to the R3 produced again the warning about format. Still unable to update the firmware.

I am in 1.09 and the device is working fine.

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,207 of 6,859
The Hiby R3 and Chord Mojo are pretty much a perfect pairing, sound and size wise. Also thanks to the Hiby short coax cable making this setup looking so clean.
A long wait, but ultimately worth it. Can't wait for the addition of LDAC!

hi @Reebonz . So, have you tried the recent new firmware with LDAC ? i'm very hope the bidirectional BT LDAC or APT-X works well as input to R3 + Mojo .

Thank you!

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,208 of 6,859
after the update I am unable to pair my LDAC sony headphone to the R3
didn't have this problem pairing it to my Shanling M0

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #4,209 of 6,859
Someone asked about balanced Seeds, bought these from Hidizs store, came with faulty right ear, extremely quiet and V-shaped sound compared to the left piece, Hidizs doesn't respect buyers just like Hiby and doesn't respond on my emails about warranty, unleashed PayPal to finish this.

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #4,210 of 6,859
after the update I am unable to pair my LDAC sony headphone to the R3
didn't have this problem pairing it to my Shanling M0
I have the same issue. Hiby hasn't responded to me on this. I wish they would respond here.

Has anyone been able to get LDAC working on Sony headphones??

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #4,211 of 6,859
I have the same issue. Hiby hasn't responded to me on this. I wish they would respond here.

Has anyone been able to get LDAC working on Sony headphones??
*Slowly raises hand* do I count? :sweat_smile: Testing with the Sony MDR-1ABT here. If your headset was already paired before the firmware update, try unpairing it on the R3 first before looking for them anew.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 30, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #4,212 of 6,859
Someone asked about balanced Seeds, bought these from Hidizs store, came with faulty right ear, extremely quiet and V-shaped sound compared to the left piece, Hidizs doesn't respect buyers just like Hiby and doesn't respond on my emails about warranty, unleashed PayPal to finish this.
What was your warranty issue with HiBy, if I may ask? :zipper_mouth:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 30, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #4,213 of 6,859
I am happy with my Etymotics ER4PT (the idea of as mine is not MMCX as a reason for new ones as @Mouseman suggests is really good - need my wife to understand this lol)

So neutral, spacious and detuals, for classic rock abd jazz, and mainly guitar and vocals. $100-200 price range.

Thanks

Well I have the fiio f9 pro's and they are clean and tuned to the upper end. Maybe a bit too high for some but being an elder does not bother me.

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #4,214 of 6,859
*Slowly raises hand* do I count? :sweat_smile: Testing with the Sony MDR-1ABT here. If your headset was already paired before the firmware update, try unpairing it on the R3 first before looking for them anew.

I just received the emaill from the R3 kcikstarter regarding the great new LDAC upgrade in the new release which I have downloaded OTA and installed this week

Previously my Sony WI-H700 was paired with my Shaling M0 which had LDAC as part of its default build and was interested in comparing the new R3 LDAC install but it will now pair to WI-H700s.
Pretty much was a slam dunk on the M0
So what's the difference
I don't need 2way BT to my phone I just want to see if I can get LDAC using sony LDAC headphones.

It worked just fine with my pendulumic Stance S1+ with APTx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back