1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO on Sale Now !!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. iJay
    I am fairly excited as well. I believe it is a USB-C style connection. There is information on some other websites that I believe confirms this.

Franatic likes this.
  2. Franatic
    Thanks iJay.........you must like iFi!

Oh, that new USB C type. I wonder if anybody makes an audio grade USB C type cable. The ifi micro idsd is odd in that its USB input port is type A-male. It was made for the Apple Lightning cable. I have a couple Forza Audioworks made adapters that can change it to either female B or female A. Time to start looking.

3. Franatic
  4. iJay
    You may want to look at the Cayin N3 and Shanling threads. I believe they all have USB-C connections with bi-directional audio. You’re bound to find some info there.

Franatic likes this.
  5. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Get a USB Type C OTG adapter cable. The OTG socket will plug right into your iFi "port". :) It doesn't have to be an audiophile cable if noone makes an audiophile cable of this sort--no amount of audiophilia can make up for having to go through another adapter :lol:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    jeffhawke likes this.
  6. jeffhawke
    I use this little thing here to connect my Cayin N3 to my iFi micro iDSD BL, works like a charm, $2.24 at Gearbest: https://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_493613.html

Franatic likes this.
  7. mikp
    any word on volume level with bluetooth? Currently have the first gen ap60, and with bt I find the volume too low.

8. Franatic
    Looks great. I will order. Thanks, Jeffhawke. I'm tempted to get the Cayin now that I see it..........however the R3 should be a step up and worth waiting for.

9. jeffhawke
    Definitely a step up, as a DAP (I'm considering it myself). As a pure transport, the N3 works seamlessly when connected to the micro iDSD and remote controlled by the amazing HiBy Link from the phone, a feature that I'm pretty sure the R3 should have as well.

10. iJay
    My question is when is this little beauty going to become available! There are a couple of new toys I would like but I’m holding off to get this one. Form and function seems to be very nice for the price. Any word?

11. Blazer39
    im also wondering when will this DAP will be released... COME ON HIBY!! gives us anything :p
    im very tempted to get hidiz ap60 pro from massdrop(only 80$!)..but hiby R3 stopping me from doing that purchase

iJay likes this.
  12. HiFlight
    I am hoping that a future firmware update will add Spotify if not present when the R3 launches. I listen to both Tidal and Spotify about equally.

BetterLate likes this.
  13. Ultrainferno
    I have used Tidal on the R3, but I don't think Spotify was mentioned anywhere, but let's hope it shows up one day

BetterLate likes this.
  14. kw8910
    Is the audio quality noticeably better using WiFi tidal on r3 compared to streaming it from a smartphone via Bluetooth?

15. jeffhawke
    Generally speaking, wifi is better than bluetooth, as it does not use any compression, while bluetooth uses a codec (code/decode) which results in more or less lossy compression, depending on the actual codec used (SBC, aptx or aptxHD) by the device. Bear in mind that if two paired devices use different codecs, the more "lossy" one prevails. So, if you have access to wifi, your streaming will sound better on a good high resolution device such as the R3 than with bluetooth.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    hpnut and kw8910 like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last