The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #106 of 6,859
Can anyone tell me how much power will it be packing in the single ended 3.5mm jack? Will it be >100mv?

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #108 of 6,859
Ok thanks

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #109 of 6,859
any idea about volume level on bluetooth? I read someone posted on r6 that it was low. And would the bluetooth auto connect?

I have the ap60 that i like,but bt is not auto connecting and a touch screen is tempting.

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #113 of 6,859
Maybe I'm missing the point but what advantages does OLED bring to the table and why would not using OLED be so disappointing? I understand OLED is slightly more energy efficient and can probably has better contrast but are the other display options so bad? Also, would those old OLED displays carry a decent warranty? With circuitry it's sometime an advantage of selecting exactly what you need as opposed to what you have available. That can place burdens and limitations on other aspects of the design. I'm sure that's nothing new to all of you though.
NOTE: I barely own a TV, I'm just not a video guy. I've installed several video broadcast systems so I'm aware enough of camera/switcher/signal quality levels for that purpose but we're talking a small DAP here.
Not an argument, just looking for some education.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #115 of 6,859
Does the R3 feature the USB Audio out? Would be a nice transport solution.
Yes, i saw it connected to chord mojo via usb, so it supports usb audio out

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #117 of 6,859
It's probably late to ask for things on the R3... But the following would be nice:
- Aptx-HD (Much better than regular Aptx);
- Replay Gain;
- a larger internal Bluetooth Antenna to improve signal;
- Can the Amp's Power be boosted when a external Power Bank is Attached? (Think the amp in the R3 is capable of double or triple the power output listed in current specs?);
- An HD-FM radio would be cool...(In Asia, some phones have good FM receivers built in)...

Know these are not all likely. Just stuff on my personal wish list.... And some could be easy to implement. Really like what I see already included in the R3.

Are there any pre-production units out there getting tested/reviewed yet?

For me, I'd much prefer AAC over Bluetooth than AptX-HD cos I don't have an AptX-HD receiver or headphones but I do re-encode my lossless into AAC. Better for battery life too?

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #119 of 6,859
So after watching the video, when using streaming services like Tidal, I understood that it will play Tidal, but only while on WiFi and streaming. My understanding is that the app wouldn’t be installed on the device and one wouldn't be able to store the songs (download) onto the device or an SD card. Is that a correct assumption and if so, would the same apply to other streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back