The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #91 of 6,859
I’m so looking forward to this...

Would I be correct in assuming as it’s a direct Hiby product, it should have all the latest features of HibyMusic, like ReplayGain, HibyLink etc... and not a cut down/ behind version like other players using HibyMusic as it’s default player?
It IS a product made directly by hiby themselves and it will have all the functionality of the hiby music app (but in all of the r3 videos, I could not find the MSEB functionality. I really hope that hiby implements it in the firmware).

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #94 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs any chance of native support for podcasts and audiobooks on this one? That's the one thing I find lacking in most of these chinese players.
Isn't there any good podcast / audiobook apps for Android?
(I use my iPhone for podcasts and audiobooks, so I am not familiar with Android offerings...)

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #96 of 6,859
(I use my iPhone for podcasts and audiobooks, so I am not familiar with Android offerings...)

There's probably something better but Stitcher isn't bad if you don't mind advertisments. Afaik R3 isn't Android though.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #97 of 6,859

Yep I use either Listen or Mort audiobook player and both work well. However as stated above it looks like this isn't android based it seems (has that actually been confirmed?).

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #101 of 6,859
i wounder how they will sound compared to hiby R6 :)

Also..when will full specs will be revealed?
I think the full spec will be revealed on the day the kickstarter launch date is announced or on the launch day itself

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #103 of 6,859
It's probably late to ask for things on the R3... But the following would be nice:
- Aptx-HD (Much better than regular Aptx);
- Replay Gain;
- a larger internal Bluetooth Antenna to improve signal;
- Can the Amp's Power be boosted when a external Power Bank is Attached? (Think the amp in the R3 is capable of double or triple the power output listed in current specs?);
- An HD-FM radio would be cool...(In Asia, some phones have good FM receivers built in)...

Know these are not all likely. Just stuff on my personal wish list.... And some could be easy to implement. Really like what I see already included in the R3.

Are there any pre-production units out there getting tested/reviewed yet?

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #104 of 6,859
It's probably late to ask for things on the R3... But the following would be nice:
- Replay Gain;
- Can the Amp's Power be boosted when a external Power Bank is Attached? (Think the amp in the R3 is capable of double or triple the power output listed in current specs?);
- An HD-FM radio would be cool...(In Asia, some phones have good FM receivers built in)...

Know these are not all likely. Just stuff on my personal wish list.... And some could be easy to implement. Really like what I see already included in the R3.

+1 for FM Radio

However, the most important for me is to have a musical engaging sound signature as this is what you need while on the go. You can't focus on critical listening when out and about and this device and its portability are perfect for this kind of use.

So for me the most important thing is to retain the smallest possible footprint as a device (no bulky cases and preferably weight under 100g) and a quite powerful amp section to justify the use of the device by the commuter instead of a smartphone.

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #105 of 6,859
- Replay Gain;

I think one of your wishes is already implemented. Replay gain is going to be in there. But I don't think aptx HD will be implemented as the r6 itself doesn't have it. But I really hope they would have FM built into the r3. Also the new fiio m7 surprisingly has both FM and aptx HD. You can check that out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back