The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #166 of 6,859
Yes it will be, thanks to new developments at TIDAL :) We're working hard to take advantage of this on the R3 now (so it's not available to @Ultrainferno or HeadFonic's review unit yet).
Hey Joe, I wanted to ask you something. On the 3 videos of hiby r3 that has been uploaded on YouTube, I noticed two things. One is that there is no option of magesound 8-ball and two, there is a pedometer built-in. So, my questions to you are:
(1) Will the MSEB functionality be implemented on the OS of it or has it been already implemented?, and
(2) Does it have a accelerometer and gyroscope combo for the pedometer?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #169 of 6,859
Yes it will be, thanks to new developments at TIDAL :) We're working hard to take advantage of this on the R3 now (so it's not available to @Ultrainferno or HeadFonic's review unit yet).
That's great news. I'm in, and if in the future Spotify and Apple Music are added, you got a killer product. I know it 's a lot of ask, but that's where consumers are moving towards (streaming music/offline listening).

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #171 of 6,859
bwuHTYL.gif

This thread is about to get rolling

20180316_232100.jpg
20180316_232016.jpg
20180316_233525.jpg
20180316_231826_001.jpg

Attachments

• 20180316_231914.jpg
    20180316_231914.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #173 of 6,859
What cable(s) comes with it?

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #174 of 6,859
bwuHTYL.gif

This thread is about to get rolling

Real nice pics dude! I really like your reviews at audioholikz. Makes me really want to buy it now. Can you tell me how different is the balanced output of it than its single ended counterpart. In the case of my fiio x3 iii, i really did not notice any difference. Also can you tell me if the menu contains the mseb feature?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #175 of 6,859
Hey Joe, I wanted to ask you something. On the 3 videos of hiby r3 that has been uploaded on YouTube, I noticed two things. One is that there is no option of magesound 8-ball and two, there is a pedometer built-in. So, my questions to you are:
(1) Will the MSEB functionality be implemented on the OS of it or has it been already implemented?, and
(2) Does it have a accelerometer and gyroscope combo for the pedometer?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah? I'll let HBB do the honors with the pics, but I can tell you now that MSEB is on this babe already and it's even working on top of TIDAL :L3000:
I'll come back to you about the pedometer tomorrow although, the software for that might take awhile to mature yet.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #176 of 6,859
Yeah? I'll let HBB do the honors with the pics, but I can tell you now that MSEB is on this babe already and it's even working on top of TIDAL :L3000:
I'll come back to you about the pedometer tomorrow although, the software for that might take awhile to mature yet.
I know I keep bugging you about Spotify on the R3 Joe and I know if it's doable you and your team will find a way to implement it but I would be content with being able to stream Spotify from my phone to listen with the DAC and amplifier section of the R3 when I get bored of the music on my SD card. I'm thinking it would work because of the bidirectional bluetooth in the R3, can you confirm that yet? And thanks for taking these DAPs and user experience into the modern era.

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #177 of 6,859
Thanks for the reply Joe.

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #178 of 6,859
A few comments.

For Joe; I am not a Tidal user, but I was interested in the observation that Tidal is becoming easier to work with. Will other HiBy software customers also benefit from this? I am thinking of the Cayin N5II where I think this could be welcome. Right now I understand that Tidal on the N5II only stores offline music to the internal file folder, not the SD cards. If the file storage could be customized I am sure that would be well received.

For the product reviewers: Any preliminary thoughts on this unit vs. the Shanling and Cayin units that bracket it by price (not necessarily features). I am thinking of the Shanling M2S, M3S, and Cayin N5II. Especially focused on stability and sound quality.

If the price is really going to be $229 I suspect that pricing for many vendors will have to adjust for current and new products. Count me highly interested.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #180 of 6,859
Well, same question could be asked of almost all smartphones and lots of DAP, MP3 Players, and other electronics today.
- I would guess that the battery could be replaced, but would be a pain to do. If someone posted a how to video on youtube, it would be great! Not sure if Hiby has service center that could do this.
(I'll bet they could replace the battery at MBK in Bangkok, Thailand.:slight_smile::wink: )
- Device will still work with USB power from charger, or from USB Battery pack.
- I have several old MP3 player (sansa zips) and the battery packs still work well after 10 years!
- Sadly most people today (Maybe not people on this website) throw away their electronics when a battery goes, or when anything breaks on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back